Cindy's Breakfast advice & encouragement

Dopeygirl

<font color=red>Travellin' Gal<font color=green></
With a little "push" from a couple posters, I've finally gotten around to creating a post that I thought would be helpful for a while now. This board does get crowded with threads about Cinderella's and I know other threads can get overlooked, so hopefully this will help! :)

Need advice on how to get a breakfast PS? Want some encouragement? Have questions? Need to vent? This thread is the place to do just that!

As a place to start, why not read gthorson's excellent tips on how to best to get a PS from CRO.

<i><b>Please note: Trading of PS's is not permitted on the Restaurant Board and will be deleted</b></i>

Congratulations Tinkbell...enjoy your meal in "the castle"...I'm sure your grandmother will love it.

Lisa

Having eaten in the castle perhaps five times (breakfast three, lunch two) and always luckily encountering at least Cinderella, I can appreciate the thrill of being there. However, I have no desire to go after my last breakfast experience. It was entirely too expensive for a family to be given pre-plated food which we barely touched. Why anyone would want to eat a plate of fried everything -- eggs, sausage, whatever, YUCK! -- then go into the park is beyond me. Very, very poor choice of food. I might be more tempted to try to catch one of the princesses downstairs and skip that costly, heavy meal........

Lisa - you are so right. In my excitement I must have lost my brain! :bounce: It's for Tuesday, July 16. I called on the 17th...

Great, I just didn't want you to have your dates wrong. Can you imagine going to all that trouble to get ressies for CRT, thinking you made them for a certain day, then showing up on that day & finding out you didn't have any :( . It would be so disappointing to find out you'd made such a mistake. When I made my PS for CRT I didn't even specify the date & after reading your post, called Dining to make sure I had booked the correct day.

Anyway, glad everything is fine & enjoy your trip.

Lisa

Well, I've tried three straight days now. By following the kind advice posted here, I always get through right as the phones open and then I'm put on hold. By the time, they pick up (7:02 each of the past three days) the PS's are gone! Send your good thoughts for tomorrow - it's my last chance!

UPDATE: GOT 'EM, GOT 'EM, GOT 'EM !!!!!
Got PS for Cindy's on our last chance day! Yahoo!!

Thanks Lisa. That would be a major dissapointment. Especially showing up the day after!

And we are going to be at WDW at the same time! That is exciting. I am going to be at the AKL from 7-14 through 7-18. Then we are going on the Wonder for a 3 day cruise.

Thank you again.

My family (husband and three daughters--13, 6, and 3) and I will be going to WDW Sept. 21-29, 2002. I have called numerous times trying to catch a cancellation at Cindy's or at the Princess Storybook breakfast for any of the dates that we will be there. No luck yet. Anybody have any reservations that they will not be using? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Shelly

We will be there Sept 21-28. I called 60 days out everyday for the whole week. I got the Cindy's ressies on the last day. When I called for Storybook Princes I call right after they put it into effect. I think it was the end of July. They were almost book. I think CRO must be telling people to book it when thy can't get Cindy's. The only bad thing is we go to Cindy's on Thurs and Storybook on Fri. I was hoping to spred them out a little. But I have a 4 and a 6 year old who think they are princess so they won't care. They are turning 5 and 7 on our trip so we are celebrating the whole week we are there. Good luck. I watch a few other boards if I see anything I will post here again

I called first thing yesterday morning and got right on the phone...no holding....but then realized I called a day early...yikes..then I called again this morning...again I started dialing at 6:54!!! just kept hitting the re-dial button...6:59 ...CM came on!!! I got in Halloween Morning!! 9:10 breakfast with Cindy party of 8 ........1 child!! I am doing the happy dance!! to find cheaper princess jewels go under "products" then under "pixie jewels!! Lots of good stuff!!!
denise:o :p :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I tried to book Cindy's for 10/30 (my birthday) for 5 people, but the restaurant was booked by 7:02. If anyone here has a reservation for 10/30 which they end up cancelling, would you please let me know? I am calling every day to see if something has opened up. I know this is a real long shot, but hope springs eternal! Thanks very much.

Joyce

I got through today!!! We tried calling at 7:00am and my sister got through we needed a table for 7 . The CM said no problem she had two seatings. As she was booking the 8:55 time slot she said one of the tables got booked, no need to worry she still had room at 10:00 but as she was booking that it also disappeared.
Now she only had a table for 2 left. Figure that one out. Anyway we did not get ps for Nov 2. I phoned back later and asked if anything else was available and I got a table for 7 on Oct. 31 at 9:55.. yah hoo!!! just keep trying who nows what will pop open!!

Hooray, we have a ps at Cindy's for Nov. 4th at 8:20!!
I just wanted to thank everyone for all their hints about getting this ps. This was my second day calling and got right through with today. I started dialing at 6:57 and just kept hitting the redial till a cm answered.

Last year I was not so well informed and was unable to get a ps. So I'm really excited! DD just turned two and her favortie princess is Cinderella. She makes DH and I read her Cinderella storybook over and over again. She's going to be Cinderella for Halloween and I'll have her wear her costume to breakfast. I can't wait to see her face when she meets "Princess La" as she calls her!!!

Thanks again for the good tips!

Gi

Is this breakfast really worth all of the attention it gets? I am getting really frustrated and almost to the point of tears. I am a grown woman and am wondering if it is really necessary to cry over not getting CRT ressies for breakfast...... I have tried for the past 4 days and no luck.... I have used every tip on this board and I think I have talked to every CRO person that works at Disney to see if there are any cancellations from November 4th on......one last day to try....wish me luck..... arghhhhhhh...

Originally posted by lizdotcom99
Is this breakfast really worth all of the attention it gets?
Oh Liz... I understand.
Is it worth the effort? It depends on your frame of mind... Do you have DD's you are taking OR did you simply *ADORE* the Disney princesses growing up? or love them now?
The feeling a grown woman can get when walking up those stairs and entering into the magnificent dining room with a view... is chill bumpy... then... as Cinderella walks up to your table... you actually LOSE it for a moment... and think SHE IS Cinderella! And she IS!

If you are taking a young one... the look in their eyes when Cinderella TALKS... to THEM is priceless (you probably look the same way!)

Pleeeease try again... and don't give up on cancellations.

When we secured ours for the week prior to your stay... we had 4 people calling... all of us got through at 5:58 Central standard time. Just follow EXACTLY the directions in the first post of this thread... you can do it!:Pinkbounc

I am cancelling ONE of our reservations for Cinderellas royal table.

It is for October 20th, 2002 for 4 people

I will be cancelling it at 3:00 PM Central Standard Time

So if you want a ressie during that moring... CALL at 3:01!! HA!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: GOOD LUCK! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I know you are frustrated.....and this is just my 2 cents..It is worth my time and effort to get into Cinderella's breakfast...I imagine you have never eaten at the castle....but to me it's something I do each and every trip...My favorite character is Cinderella.....infact my daughter and I have a whole room full of Cindereall collectables.......some even from the "US Mint" and we have a few things autographed by her....When you go into the castle you are treated with "Royalty".. you can feel it in the air and the way they talk to you !!! It's sooooo beautiful and you do feel like you are inside a real castle!! The food is good I love the chocolate muffins!!! and then sooooo much one on one with all the characters! I myself a grown woman of 45 years gets a Cinderella and Me picture each and every time!! I do have to note her.......don't give up....even call the day before you leave they open like 5 tables a day one of the CM's told me!! but I got right in the other morning when I called!! I starte calling at 5 minutes to 7 and I just kept hitting the re-dial button every time the recording came on......then........at 6:58 a person was there!!!
I am in for October 31st!!!

denise
I am wishing you luck!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :p :p

I just came back from vacation and waking up early to secure those breakfast reservations was certainly worth it. My daughter was soo excited ( as was my mother!!)

The castle inside was beautiful (in fact, I would love to explore the whole thing). Breakfast was such a good experience, that we were lucky enough to secure a dinner reservation one night.

My next goal is to eat dinner there a little bit later when it is dark out and they have the candles lit on the tables. (From the Dumbo ride in Fantasyland I bet you can look in and see the candles flickering!!)

I say, GO FOR IT!!

I got it on my last day of trying!!!!! I am very excited. Thanks to all for their ideas, encouragement and spreading of Pixie Dust!! It was very much appreciated. I will elt you all know how well worth it this was on my trip report once I get back. Thanks again.

Liz and Greg:
sunny:

lizdotcom99-
Congrats!!! I am so happy you were able to finally get it!!! I hope you have a great time :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!