Car Service from LAX to Disneyland?

how did you get $275 and a discount?
I booked in late May and $285 r/t was the posted price then. They have since raised the prices on their website.

For the $10 discount, I just mentioned when asking for a quote that I was a repeat customer and would like the discount. They mention the discount on their price list.

I was able to book Prime Time Shuttle for $76 each way from LAX for 2 passengers in August. That was the best I have come across.

Just writing to share that I also used Prime Time Shuttle (sedan express) to LAX. A shared van/vehicle wasn't an option. The cost was the same as the poster above, it was just me in the vehicle.

My friend did pick me up from LAX, and we learned that a pick up from departures (ie; the upper deck) is MUCH more sedate/ calm/ reasonable. I wouldn't try that option until the arriving person(s) is literally waiting at the departure area, because they are vigilant about cars moving along. So anyone picking up should wait in the cell phone lot until the traveler is literally at the departure lane.

Thanks for all the helpful posts along the way! (And yes, I agree that next time I'll source out Burbank or SNA for a more quiet arrival/departure experience.) Thanks so much! :cutie:

I just checked GetAwayToday, and they have a Karmel voucher for a 4-6 passenger private van from LAX to DLR for $112 each way. It’s $89 for 2-3, $125 for 7-8 passengers.
Thank you! I had the midwilshuttle booked, but this will save $46, so like 1/2 a meal in the park 😜Every little bit counts at Disney!

I just got a quote from Lansky and it is $325 return from LAX to the hotels on South Harbour...

Last edited:
I just checked GetAwayToday, and they have a Karmel voucher for a 4-6 passenger private van from LAX to DLR for $112 each way. It’s $89 for 2-3, $125 for 7-8 passengers.

I appreciate this info, heading there to check now - thank you!

I was able to book Prime Time Shuttle for $76 each way from LAX for 2 passengers in August. That was the best I have come across.
Yeah, this is the best price I've seen. I just priced it for today and it's still $77. A few bucks better than Karmel.

Thank you! That is what I thought but I just wanted to be sure. I have a few months before my trip.

For those who have used Lanksy and done the grocery store stop is it a set store? One you pick? One near Disneyland?

When we went we asked the driver to go to Target. He said Vons is cheaper and took us there. Of course, I'm going to assume that maybe it was more on the way. I didn't insist on it though because I really didn't care and didn't even know there were any other stores in the area. If I needed something other than just groceries I'm sure he would have been fine with taking me to Target.

Prior to Covid it was about $50-$60 each way after waiting, maybe 15-20 minutes at the airport. Of the three times I did it, only once did the driver know exactly where to drop me off at the gate. At the end of the day I would usually head to DLH to be picked up.

With Lanksy, the pick up (from SNA) was immediate, the drop off was perfect, and we were picked up ahead of schedule. Round trip $185. From LAX it would be $165 one way. It could be argued it would be worth it just to do drop off and save yourself the 20 minute wait and any drop off confusion. One Lyft driver's confusion cost me an hour at the park.

I hate to bash Uber/Lyft and fully understand the price point difference, but personally (especially now with a kid in tow) I don't want to take chances with these services anymore. At the end of the day these are not "professional" drivers, you have no way of knowing their experience driving a certain area. I've had these drivers stop clear on the other side of a divided four lane street, expecting to me to cross over to get in their car even though I entered a specific address for the pick up. One time I entered the actual name of a hotel (on a street with no other hotels) and the driver was still stopped clear on the other side of the street with a median in the middle. He had the nerve to call me and ask where I was. A professional ride service would know which side of the street to be on. They're given the routes in advance as oppose to a Uber/Lyft driver that's probably roaming around town when an alert pops up on their phone app and they just blindly follow the GPS.

When I used Lansky on 7/5, I requested CVS or Walgreens because I needed all non-food items, some of which would likely not be carried at a grocery store. Driver took me to the CVS on Harbor without complaint.

We used Karmel for the first time on our recent trip. Booked round trip from LAX to DLH and can’t say I could recommend them.

From LAX I had to tell the driver multiple times where we were waiting for p/u. When he finally pulled up he had no identifying info on him or the vehicle so I made him show ID. He was in a badly fitted suit and old running shoes. I could have cared less what he was wearing to be honest but his choice of attire just looked ridiculous.

Once on the road he seemed intent on getting us to the hotel as fast as possible which sounds nice but the reality was he hit 80 multiple times, was passing vehicles on the right and just generally driving with a lack of safety and care. I called him out on it and he slowed down after that.

Our return was a much smoother ride but we did get calls starting at 8:00 AM telling us our vehicle was out front. I confirmed our pick up was 12:50 PM the night before and explained that that is when we we would be ready. The gentleman on the phone seemed pretty annoyed that I wouldn’t accept the 8:00 AM p/u.

Both vehicles were older model Suburbans and neither was clean or in good condition. Dirty windows, upholstery, missing interior pieces like vent covers, etc…

I know others have had good experiences but I wouldn’t use them again.

From LAX I had to tell the driver multiple times where we were waiting for p/u. When he finally pulled up he had no identifying info on him or the vehicle so I made him show ID. He was in a badly fitted suit and old running shoes. I could have cared less what he was wearing to be honest but his choice of attire just looked ridiculous.

Once on the road he seemed intent on getting us to the hotel as fast as possible which sounds nice but the reality was he hit 80 multiple times, was passing vehicles on the right and just generally driving with a lack of safety and care. I called him out on it and he slowed down after that.

Our return was a much smoother ride but we did get calls starting at 8:00 AM telling us our vehicle was out front. I confirmed our pick up was 12:50 PM the night before and explained that that is when we we would be ready. The gentleman on the phone seemed pretty annoyed that I wouldn’t accept the 8:00 AM p/u.

Both vehicles were older model Suburbans and neither was clean or in good condition. Dirty windows, upholstery, missing interior pieces like vent covers, etc…

Eek! These are the sort of red flags that freak me out. While safety on the road is paramount....the "presentation" related things (the suit, the older/poorly kept vehicle) do hint at so many other things wrong with a business or at least, their attitude towards it.

Eek! These are the sort of red flags that freak me out. While safety on the road is paramount....the "presentation" related things (the suit, the older/poorly kept vehicle) do hint at so many other things wrong with a business or at least, their attitude towards it.
Yeah, the whole reason I prefer a private car service opposed to an Uber/Lyft is because there is usually a minimum expectation of safety, cleanliness, and professionalism, something that I definitely value when traveling somewhere I am not familiar with.

FWIW I had zero of these issues with Lansky. They are expensive, but you get what you pay for.

I booked with 24-7 ride for 201 round trip for October from LAX to our hotel walking distance to Disneyland. It’s a private van for up to 7. We used them last month when we had a 6 hour layover flying home from Hawaii and wanted to ride bikes in Santa Monica. Both of our drivers were on time and had great communication. I was very pleased with them!

We used Karmel for the first time on our recent trip. Booked round trip from LAX to DLH and can’t say I could recommend them.

I know others have had good experiences but I wouldn’t use them again.

This sounds very unusual for Karmel. You might want to get in touch with them and give some feedback, as this experience does not sound good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter