Car Service from LAX to Disneyland?

The second item, is a recent scam going on that is effecting several car rental locations in Southern California. Basically people see get rich scams in ads or postings online to go get a car rental and drive down to the San Diego/Mexico boarder. At that time, these guys with the ads would steal the rental cars and leave the people scammed into renting them stranded. So I was told this scam has really been effecting their inventory, which then gets reflected into the rental car prices.

This has the makings of a perfect urban legend. I did a quick search and could find zero news articles and really zero pages period about this. The scam itself sounds extremely implausible, let alone plausible enough to affect inventory in any meaningful level.

This has the makings of a perfect urban legend. I did a quick search and could find zero news articles and really zero pages period about this. The scam itself sounds extremely implausible, let alone plausible enough to affect inventory in any meaningful level.

I thought the same thing but if you go to the Harbor Enterprise location, it's printed out and taped to the front podium.

While waiting to pick up my rental for the LA portion of our vacation, I read it while waiting at the podium (only Enterprise employees allowed inside, customers have to wait by the podium outside). I really wish I took a picture of it but it detailed the scam as described above.

None of the Enterprise employees brought up the story and I only bought it up after spending 30 minutes with the rep I was working with. He said it was an issue and surprised how many people fall for it.

FYI if you are thinking of renting a car at lax just to drive and drop within 24 hours in Anaheim, be sure to sign up for thier loyalty program that allows express pick up of the car. Car rental lines in LA are insane. We once waited 2.5 hours in line at dollar. We later found out we could’ve skipped the line if we had signed up as members or whatever it was. I’d personally rather spend an extra $50 than deal with shuttle to rental, get car, etc.

Two weeks ago, we did a one way rental from LAX to Enterprise location on Harbor (just 2 miles from Harbor entrance to Disneyland). There really are no additional fees with Enterprise for dropping off at another location. When you pick up the car rental from LAX, they do put a $200 hold on your credit card but when you return the car rental at the other location, they release that hold. So nothing ever got charged extra with that one way reservation.

Sure thing, we are a family of 5, so I wanted to make sure we reserved a 7 seat mini-van. Especially with 3 teenagers (12 year old becomes a teen in 6 months), I wanted them to each be comfortable in their seats and have enough room for our luggage's.

The Enterprise one-way trip from LAX to Harbor location was $92.75 for the mini-van and $75 if I wanted a 4 door sedan. I was also able to secure those same rates when we were done with Disneyland and were picking up a 7 seater from Harbor to LAX for the 5 days we were going to use the rental on the Los Angeles leg of our vacation.

FYI if you are thinking of renting a car at lax just to drive and drop within 24 hours in Anaheim, be sure to sign up for thier loyalty program that allows express pick up of the car. Car rental lines in LA are insane. We once waited 2.5 hours in line at dollar. We later found out we could’ve skipped the line if we had signed up as members or whatever it was. I’d personally rather spend an extra $50 than deal with shuttle to rental, get car, etc.

Great info, Matrixleos, thank you for sharing that! We haven't finalized anything yet so I'll go back and see what deals, if any, we can find with Enterprise for our dates. Some other rental companies had cheaper prices for their 7-seaters but I've read terrible reviews and I didn't want to deal with those (possible) headaches during our trip. Will probably call directly and ask about the Loyalty Program as Lollipop's Mom suggested (thanks for the tip!) - worth it if it can get us in and out quickly and smoothly!

Great info, Matrixleos, thank you for sharing that! We haven't finalized anything yet so I'll go back and see what deals, if any, we can find with Enterprise for our dates. Some other rental companies had cheaper prices for their 7-seaters but I've read terrible reviews and I didn't want to deal with those (possible) headaches during our trip. Will probably call directly and ask about the Loyalty Program as Lollipop's Mom suggested (thanks for the tip!) - worth it if it can get us in and out quickly and smoothly!

For my job, I've must have rented a car for work over several hundreds of times the past 10 years or so. So I've tried every car rental company at least a few times. I do prefer Enterprise at locations where I have an option. I do really like their customer service focus and appreciate their feature to pick you up and drop you off (as long as you're in their district). Saved me a 2 mile walk from their Harbor location back to my Tropicana Hotel when I dropped off my LAX rental. I also called them up on the morning of my new car rental to drive to Los Angeles and they had a guy pick me up at the Tropicana within 15 minutes to drive to Enterprise to pick out my new rental.

We just got back and used Karmel for our pickup of 6 and they called just as we had landed and he told me exactly where he would pick us up. By the time we walked there he was just pulling up. The return trip was just my daughter and I and the girl called about 15 minutes before she was to arrive and said she was on her way and she was super nice. We chatted the entire way back. The first pick up was an extended van and the second was a large SUV. A great experience.

We just got back and used Karmel for our pickup of 6 and they called just as we had landed and he told me exactly where he would pick us up. By the time we walked there he was just pulling up. The return trip was just my daughter and I and the girl called about 15 minutes before she was to arrive and said she was on her way and she was super nice. We chatted the entire way back. The first pick up was an extended van and the second was a large SUV. A great experience.
We used Karmel (booked with our package) for SNA to CI&S and then CI&S to LAX.

Our experience was overall pretty good. I had to call Karmel at SNA, but their driver then called me back and was right there. The only slight issue was that he turned the wrong way onto Harbor initially (I didn't catch it until after the turn so he had to U-turn) but otherwise the ride was uneventful.

I was a bit concerned about the window allotted for our transport to LAX, so called and moved it up a bit. Then we got back to CI&S and picked up our luggage half an hour early for the new pickup time, at which point I discovered a text from the driver (different one than the trip from SNA) offering to pick us up sooner. I said we were there just sitting on our luggage. He must have been nearby, b/c he showed up within 10 minutes and we were on our way! I was glad not to have to worry about any potential backups at the airport, but we did arrive in plenty of time and had a fun chat with our driver along the way.

Sure thing, we are a family of 5, so I wanted to make sure we reserved a 7 seat mini-van. Especially with 3 teenagers (12 year old becomes a teen in 6 months), I wanted them to each be comfortable in their seats and have enough room for our luggage's.

The Enterprise one-way trip from LAX to Harbor location was $92.75 for the mini-van and $75 if I wanted a 4 door sedan. I was also able to secure those same rates when we were done with Disneyland and were picking up a 7 seater from Harbor to LAX for the 5 days we were going to use the rental on the Los Angeles leg of our vacation.

I’m afraid rates might have gone up drastically since I just checked with Enterprise and the lowest rate we could get for a minivan, one day, was $257 😣

I’m afraid rates might have gone up drastically since I just checked with Enterprise and the lowest rate we could get for a minivan, one day, was $257 😣
That doesn't surprise me. I could sell my 2019 Subaru for considerably more than the lease payoff right now. The car shortage is crazy right now.

Just wanted to give another thumbs up for Lansky’s. They are on a different level of service. Our flight arriving in SNA was over an hour late. They had adjusted their pick up and we found them waiting at luggage for us. The return trip was just as easy. Their vehicles were spotless and comfortable. The most impressive thing is their professionalism. We had a ridiculous amount of luggage. I had reservations for 2 SUV’s (there were 11 of us). My daughter in law kept insisting she was going to call an Uber because there was no way all the luggage would fit. Well, the two drivers awesomely stacked the bags (even using the front seat) and we were off. I would have even understood if they were frustrated with us but they weren’t. The driver even asked me if we were one family and when I said yes he commented that was impressive so of course my proud Momma heart swelled. I felt very welcomed and taken care of. Customer service and safety are much more important to me than cost which is why I will always choose Lansky’s. Can’t say enough about how much I recommend this company.

To second a question earlier, how much in advance should someone book Lansky or Karmel? Family member has a trip planned for late May/early June and I like to give her the latest/greatest info :D

I am taking my toddler in July and was planning to use Lansky so I didn't have to lug a car seat on the plane with us since the only time we would need it is to and from SNA since we are staying at HoJo and can walk to the parks. Anyone have experience having them provide a rear facing car seat? Seat seem safe and good condition?
We used one on our trip a couple weeks ago. It was beautiful looked brand new. He did make my son ensure everything was buckled in correctly (which it was). I believe I even saw a larger one in the back I assume in case it was needed.

Quote from Lansky came back, $165 for 2 adults LAX to DLH, around lunchtime on a Friday. Lyft quote was around $57. Guess we’re sticking with Lyft, even if it isn’t quite as convenien.

I just can't get over the shuttle/car prices. Last time I used a shared airport shuttle (the 'old' SuperShuttle) it was $65.00+tip for 2 adults/2 kids one way. Of course, that was close to 20 years ago.

I just can't get over the shuttle/car prices. Last time I used a shared airport shuttle (the 'old' SuperShuttle) it was $65.00+tip for 2 adults/2 kids one way. Of course, that was close to 20 years ago.

I am struggling with the prices as well, but I don't think there are any alternatives. I am kicking myself for not booking a few months ago.

We have used Lansky in the past and have been very satisfied with them except for my last trip September 19 from LAX. I'm still annoyed.
I was travelling by myself and expected to be met in Baggage claim with a baggage cart as usual. When I was surprised not to see anyone and I was just wondering what to do, I received a phone call.
Apparently, he was "unable to park in the parking garage because it was closed" and I was to meet him at the curb. It was very confusing and caused me some worry but after lugging my bags out to the curb, he finally arrived 15 minutes later. I think he just wanted to avoid paying parking fees.
If I'd had the kids and much more luggage, I don't know how I would have managed.
I was also annoyed when we arrived at the hotel and he asked me for his tip.
I am following this thread for other options. I took an Uber returning to the airport for much less money.

Last edited:
I just booked Lansky the on Monday because I am close enough (about 3 weeks) that my flights with United shouldn't change too much. All together it was $325 and includes the grocery stop on the way to the DLH. I weighed the options about Uber/Lyft being potentially cheaper but having to wait for a shuttle to the ride share lot and then another shuttle on the return trip is a level of stress I didn't feel like dealing with. Also, the positive reviews on here helped sell me on it. Once we get back I will give an up to date review on how it all went.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter