Car Service from LAX to Disneyland?

70% of LIMO companies have closed business in California alone after the Pandemic. Due to inflation, we inevitably raised the rate. We ask for your understanding that we have decided to increase the rate due to the increase in commercial insurance by nearly 200%, the minimum wage of employees, utility bills, and the increase in all business expenses. We will do our best for your safety with better service.

I booked in late May and $285 r/t was the posted price then. They have since raised the prices on their website.

For the $10 discount, I just mentioned when asking for a quote that I was a repeat customer and would like the discount. They mention the discount on their price list.
I apologize to all our valued clients - 70% of LIMO companies have closed in California alone after the Pandemic. Due to inflation, we inevitably raised the rate. We ask for your understanding that we have decided to increase the rate due to the increase in commercial insurance by nearly 200%, the minimum wage of employees, utility bills, and the increase in all business expenses. We will do our best for your safety with better service.

Due to inflation, we inevitably raised the rate. We will do our best for your safety with better service.
Unfortunately inflation is a sign of the times we find ourselves in. I wanted to mention we have used Lansky's many times. We have always been so satisfied with your services that I don’t even compare rates or look elsewhere anymore. If we need a ride we’re calling Lansky’s. We have NEVER even had the slightest of hick-ups. The cost is more reasonable if you are a large party (6) paying a per vehicle price rather than per person.

Last edited:
I apologize to all our valued clients - 70% of LIMO companies have closed in California alone after the Pandemic. Due to inflation, we inevitably raised the rate. We ask for your understanding that we have decided to increase the rate due to the increase in commercial insurance by nearly 200%, the minimum wage of employees, utility bills, and the increase in all business expenses. We will do our best for your safety with better service.
I don’t mind the increase because you always deliver great service. Thank you for being a reliable transportation company when I travel to SoCal. It’s reassuring to me that I know I will always have a safe, comfortable ride.

We just got back and since I got help and posted questions in this forum, I thought I’d update!

The last time we went to Disneyland we used Lansky and were very happy with the service. This trip I decided to try Midwilshuttle, based on pricing and good reviews. We had 6 people and our quoted price was about $50 cheaper round trip than Lansky. All things considered, I’ll go back to Lansky next trip!

The good:
-saved $50
-drivers were friendly and competent
-VERY communicative, this was the biggest thing that I appreciated. They responded to texts and emails quickly.

Not so good:
-by our observation, it wasn’t much quicker than a ride share. We waited on the curb for 15 min and saw several people from our flight grab Uber/Lyft before our ride arrived.
-while the vans were clean, they were old and pretty rough riding. We saw a Lansky vehicle pull up and I was jealous 😆
-Biggest issue- For our pickup they sent another shuttle company without giving me any warning. It was weird and off putting. That shuttle company also had no booster seat for our 6 year old which I had specifically requested and gotten confirmed by midwilshuttle before we left. This put us in a really difficult position and is a major oversite by the company.

We got where we needed to go, but for us the $50 savings wasn’t worth it.

Starting to feel discouraged about saving much money with many of the car services mentioned above as we are being quoted anywhere from $325-350 round trip (6 passengers, no car seats, we are bringing our own). Still much cheaper than renting a vehicle, of course, as we are looking to pay $450-600 for that.

I'm now looking into Lyft as that's about $100-110 for a Lyft XL (so a little over $200 for round trip, give or take a few dollars). Curious, as we've never done this, does anyone know if you're able to reserve Lyft pick up ahead of time and how reliable it usually is or has been for those that have done it during their trips?
What if you rented a car just for arrival and departure days? That would save on hotel parking as well.

What if you rented a car just for arrival and departure days? That would save on hotel parking as well.

The only problem is that 'one way rentals' (pick up at one location/drop off at a different location) can carry hefty 'convenience fees'.

A few years ago I priced a 24 hour 'one way' rental from Ontario Airport to a rental facility about 15 miles away. It would have worked for my 'freeway averse' friend as she felt comfortable driving to that location since it was all surface streets and about 7 miles from her house. With 'convenience fee' that rental was around $200.00. At the time, a 24 hour rental (pick up/drop at same location) was around $30.00. I was gobsmacked!!!

I know rental 'base' prices are significantly higher now. I shudder to think what a one way rental would cost!

We had considered this but since we’re a family of 6, we’d be needing a full size suv or similar and they’re all running 130+ per rental. And, as stated above, there were additional fees for some of the vehicles for dropping off at a separate location…bummer for sure! 🙁

I was able to find two shuttle companies though that gave us reasonable quotes. I’ll have to check my notes to see which companies they were, but they are two (of the many) I have seen named quite a few times on this board. I’ve called so many places over the past few weeks, it’s all a blur at this point 😣 lol

We had considered this but since we’re a family of 6, we’d be needing a full size suv or similar and they’re all running 130+ per rental. And, as stated above, there were additional fees for some of the vehicles for dropping off at a separate location…bummer for sure! 🙁

I was able to find two shuttle companies though that gave us reasonable quotes. I’ll have to check my notes to see which companies they were, but they are two (of the many) I have seen named quite a few times on this board. I’ve called so many places over the past few weeks, it’s all a blur at this point 😣 lol

I haven't read thru this whole thread, but have you looked into Karmel vouchers from Get Away Today? I was looking at their vouchers for transportation from LGB and the voucher cost was a little more than half the cost of the quote I received directly from Karmel. I thought the prices must have not been updated post-Covid or something. But I contacted them (Get Away Today) and their current contract prices are the ones listed on their website. The voucher prices one way... from/to LAX...for a 4-6 passenger private van is $112, and a 7-8 passenger private van is $125.

I haven't read thru this whole thread, but have you looked into Karmel vouchers from Get Away Today? I was looking at their vouchers for transportation from LGB and the voucher cost was a little more than half the cost of the quote I received directly from Karmel. I thought the prices must have not been updated post-Covid or something. But I contacted them (Get Away Today) and their current contract prices are the ones listed on their website. The voucher prices one way... from/to LAX...for a 4-6 passenger private van is $112, and a 7-8 passenger private van is $125.

Yes, thank you! Karmel via Get Away Today was a very good deal and the other was Midwilshuttle

MICKEY'S SPACE SHIP SHUTTLE : anyone used them before? I just came across their site right now, they seem to have good reviews, I just hadn't heard about them prior to today. Sent email for a quote, but their site states "we match any $...adults $22 children $15, all return $15"

MICKEY'S SPACE SHIP SHUTTLE : anyone used them before? I just came across their site right now, they seem to have good reviews, I just hadn't heard about them prior to today. Sent email for a quote, but their site states "we match any $...adults $22 children $15, all return $15"
I'd look into them further, they look sketchy. Saw a few bad reviews.

I'd look into them further, they look sketchy. Saw a few bad reviews.

You're right, I ended up searching through every review site I could find on them, and, although they had more great reviews than bad, the bad seemed pretty bad! And it didn't help that some of the replies from the owner were not very professional.

Two weeks ago, we did a one way rental from LAX to Enterprise location on Harbor (just 2 miles from Harbor entrance to Disneyland). There really are no additional fees with Enterprise for dropping off at another location. When you pick up the car rental from LAX, they do put a $200 hold on your credit card but when you return the car rental at the other location, they release that hold. So nothing ever got charged extra with that one way reservation.

I just wanted to clarify that item, in case that was holding you up from going with the car rental option. If you had any other questions, please let me know?

Two weeks ago, we did a one way rental from LAX to Enterprise location on Harbor (just 2 miles from Harbor entrance to Disneyland). There really are no additional fees with Enterprise for dropping off at another location. When you pick up the car rental from LAX, they do put a $200 hold on your credit card but when you return the car rental at the other location, they release that hold. So nothing ever got charged extra with that one way reservation.

I just wanted to clarify that item, in case that was holding you up from going with the car rental option. If you had any other questions, please let me know?

Hey that's great!! I'm going to check them out for a non-Disney trip I'm hopefully doing later this year. Problem is that rental prices are just sky high in and of themselves right now. I know prices can vary location to location, but do you mind saying how much and what 'level' vehicle (compact, SUV, etc).

Hey that's great!! I'm going to check them out for a non-Disney trip I'm hopefully doing later this year. Problem is that rental prices are just sky high in and of themselves right now. I know prices can vary location to location, but do you mind saying how much and what 'level' vehicle (compact, SUV, etc).

Sure thing, we are a family of 5, so I wanted to make sure we reserved a 7 seat mini-van. Especially with 3 teenagers (12 year old becomes a teen in 6 months), I wanted them to each be comfortable in their seats and have enough room for our luggage's.

The Enterprise one-way trip from LAX to Harbor location was $92.75 for the mini-van and $75 if I wanted a 4 door sedan. I was also able to secure those same rates when we were done with Disneyland and were picking up a 7 seater from Harbor to LAX for the 5 days we were going to use the rental on the Los Angeles leg of our vacation.

Although when I went to the Harbor location to pick up the mini-van, they said they were sorry but they were all out. Although they upgraded me to a 7 passenger SUV with a Toyota 4Runner, which had comfy leather seats for the same price of the mini-van. I thanked them for upgrade and the guy explained we got lucky, as that same car was recently rented for $450 per day (we got it for $92.50 per day).

I got to spend 45 minutes with the Enterprise guy (I'll explain the reasons why in the Trip Report I'm currently writing), so I was able to get a lot of information from him. I asked him why the rates have gone up so much and he said it was two fold. First was an inventory issue, as during Covid, several of these Car Rental services lost a ton of revenue. So they'd sell off a good chunk of their inventory to stay in business and the raise in prices had more to do with the lack of inventory in stock. The second item, is a recent scam going on that is effecting several car rental locations in Southern California. Basically people see get rich scams in ads or postings online to go get a car rental and drive down to the San Diego/Mexico boarder. At that time, these guys with the ads would steal the rental cars and leave the people scammed into renting them stranded. So I was told this scam has really been effecting their inventory, which then gets reflected into the rental car prices.

Basically people see get rich scams in ads or postings online to go get a car rental and drive down to the San Diego/Mexico boarder. At that time, these guys with the ads would steal the rental cars and leave the people scammed into renting them stranded.
Who sees ”take a rental car to US/Mexico border" and thinks that's a good idea? Crazy Americans believe anything

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter