Car Service from LAX to Disneyland?

Karmel's drivers also do similar to Lansky as well - yes, they have a tablet in the vehicle (hands-free) to guide them to whichever hotel they're taking you to) but this appears mainly to be used in case of heavy traffic on the usual routes due to accidents etc occurring. They do also offer a grocery stop, but my wife and I did not make use of this.

I plan on using Lanksy due to how often I've been hearing their name pop up.

From LAX (in 2019) Uber was about $50- $60 to DL. But the last time I used Uber, the driver got lost, (almost got in an accident) and wasted 20 minutes trying to figure out how to drop me off. He finally dropped me off in a parking lot. I didn't know where I was and ended up walking for 10 minutes before I found the tram, which took like 10 minutes to drop me off at the park. I was alone and it was pretty nerve-wracking.

The first time I used Uber to get to the park I had no trouble at all since the driver knew what he was doing - but with COVID, because Lanksy's cost is 80 each way from SNA and they disinfect the car prior to the ride - plus they're right there when you de-plane - I'm going with them this next time.

I but with COVID, because Lanksy's cost is 80 each way from SNA and they disinfect the car prior to the ride - plus they're right there when you de-plane - I'm going with them this next time.

The driver had a sign with our name on it waiting by the baggage carousel. We had our then ~9month old with us and it helped a great deal with the driver assisting with luggage, etc., while we dealt with strollers and such. The car was very clean and well appointed, driver was very well mannered and efficient, even assisted getting all our stuff into the hotel lobby for check in.

We love SNA but the RT flight for us would be $249 each rather than the $110 fares we got via LAX. The airport must have increased their fees to fly into or something a few years ago because it's been like that for a while.
With that price difference Orange county is still a no brainer

With that price difference Orange county is still a no brainer

We'll agree to disagree :) The difference of $695 ($139 difference per ticket) just isn't worth it to us. I'll splurge for other things, just not the destination airport!

Lots of great info on this message thread about travel from LAX to Disneyland. I just wanted to add another option for people who like to drive and make multiple stops along the way. I just recently reserved a one day car rental from Enterprise at LAX to the Enterprise at Anaheim (located on S. Harbor Blvd). After checking in at the hotel and dropping off the family, just return the rental. This location is just a 10-15 minute walk to most hotels near Disneyland. Enterprise also offers free drop off service back to your hotel if you didn't want to walk.

My family has 5 people (three teenagers) so we opted with a 7 passenger minivan for just $92.75. If anyone had a smaller party with less people, you could also get a 4 door sedan for just $75. Benefit of this is we have time luxury to make how ever many stops we wanted to make before arriving at Disneyland. Here's our list of stops we currently have planned after we pickup our minivan from LAX.....

Glendale, CA (30 minute drive from LAX to this LA suburb)
1) Raffi's Place restaurant - Located near Americana at Brand, this is my family's favorite restaurant for Mediterranean food and kebabs. It's always a stop for us when we first arrive and when we depart from LAX.

2) Porto's Bakery - Just 2 blocks north of Raffi's Place, is this AMAZING cuban bakery! The lines to get in most mornings resemble the waiting in line for a Disney attraction. Although the wait is worth it. We load up on pastries, snacks and breakfast items. Although we favor the original location in Glendale, there's even a location just 10 minutes from Disneyland, as there is Porto's Bakery in Buena Park near Outback Steakhouse and Knott's Berry Farm. I highly recommend a stop there if you got time. Just search the bakery on YouTube and you'll see a ton of videos on their offerings!

3) Ralphs Grocery Store - Before we make our drive down on I-5, we always stop at Ralphs. This is a great grocery store in the region, with low prices. This is our location to stock up on water, drinks and other incidentals that we didn't bring with us on the airplane.

Again, just wanted to offer a different option for those arriving at LAX and if you wanted more flexibility in stops you wanted to make before you arrive at Disneyland.

Last edited:
We used Execucar LAX-DLH last trip (Sept. 2019), and I may just stick with them in the future. In the past we have done SuperShuttle, Uber, and a limo service. I looked into Lansky for last time, but the Execucar was quite a bit less, and I really liked them. I've had mostly good Uber experiences, too-- one of them stopped at a CVS for a minute so we could pick up a case of bottled water. Another one, however, was not great.

bit late to reply but we used Midwilshuttle to LAX and they were great! I chose them for the great reviews and they lived up to them.
https://www.midwilshuttle.com/
I reached out to them too & was quoted $85 ea way (party of 2)..decided to go w/them based on the good Tripadvisor reviews. I want a guarantee to get to & from hotel & airport for our trip so I rather not rely on uber/lyft :flower:

I've really debated car service since hotel parking adds up so much (usually at Disney 4 nights, Universal Hilton for 3 nights, and back at Disney for another night, so like 8 nights total.)

However, the cost from SNA to Disney and from Disney to Universal and back with a car service (black car type service) is almost the same as renting a car + parking fees... I tend to transfer between locations late at night too and I'm not sure how safe I feel with a driver at midnight or 1am; I would hope they weren't working 14 hours or something, but you never know.)

Has anyone rented from Silver Car (Audi now owns them) since they've moved their location from SNA to an Audi dealer very close by? They don't pick up AT the airport anymore but they also mention they will deliver/pick up the vehicle at area hotels for $50 if within 15 miles. It looks like DLH is just within that window... has anyone used this service, is the drop off and pick up to the hotel fairly easy? With my credit card discount a week with an Audi A4 is less than $400 which is really really hard to pass up!

Just back from using Lanksy and it 100% lived up to the recommendation. The pick up from airport was smooth, drop off was perfect, and pick up from the park was fantastic - the driver was even there waiting for us a bit earlier than pick up time. I definitely plan to use them for group trips moving forward.

I can finally chime in! Porto’s is the best and worth the stop (and lines). I usually like Vons for a Southern California grocery store and there is one near the Glendale Portos.

I agree, Porto's Bakery is amazing and since I live on the East Coast, it's always my #2 place to visit when I'm in LA right after Raffi's Place restaurant in Glendale. Having a Porto's Bakery location just 10 minutes from Disneyland, should be a must stop for anyone using a car service or rental car. I'd even spend the money on Uber to go to Porto's, their Cuban sandwiches are amazing, not to mention those addictive potato balls. All that and we're not even mentioning their pastries!!! LOL

I like Vons too and have visited that location in Glendale but we like Ralph's better. There are a few items that Ralph's has that Vons does not but that's just our personal preference.

Just back from using Lanksy and it 100% lived up to the recommendation. The pick up from airport was smooth, drop off was perfect, and pick up from the park was fantastic - the driver was even there waiting for us a bit earlier than pick up time. I definitely plan to use them for group trips moving forward.

This is really good to know. I was concerned because I tried calling the phones listed on their website and they did not go to the business (a woman answered and said "No." when I asked if this was Lansky car service on one of the lines lol).

This is really good to know. I was concerned because I tried calling the phones listed on their website and they did not go to the business (a woman answered and said "No." when I asked if this was Lansky car service on one of the lines lol).

That's so odd - I didn't call them during our scheduling as they had very high Yelp ratings. I entered in my info, they emailed me a confirmation and a link to pay through PayPal, then a confirmation of payment and called me a couple days before to confirm that I was going direct to Disneyland. The number listed on my phone when they rang was the first contact number listed on their site.

Here to get some info on this as well as we've debated between renting a vehicle and using a car service/shuttle (family of 6). We're planning on staying within walking distance to the park so we really would only need a vehicle that can get us to the resort from LAX and back.

Some of you mentioned SuperShuttle and Prime Time Shuttle, how bad are those? I was quoted $142 for a roundtrip with SS, but wasn't sure after the reviews I read.

SuperShuttle sadly no longer serve LAX now; whilst there were some bad reports of them - we used them back in December 2019 and they saved us from a bit of a pickle, which helped a lot :) I believe Prime Time Shuttle are still going, you should also give Karmel Shuttle a go and see what they are also now offering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter