Buy VGC resale now or wait and buy VDH direct?

I’m not in the market for the amount of points with any incentives. Will all come down to buy in price and point chart for adding on. The pods interest me the most. I still enjoy all my stays in the perimeter lodging. Haven’t stayed on property since 2004. Not one peep about the place during the member celebration, on cruise past week out of San Diego. The presentation video focused on of course Grand Floridian, Riviera, and Aulani. Did show scenes for Animal Kingdom and Saratoga Springs.

In my mind, scalpers typically do not have the right to do it and in this case, owners have every right to book and rent

I believe Disney says that you aren’t supposed to use your points like you are running a business and my wife belongs to a FB group where non-VGC owners are definitely booking random VGC days and the posting confirmed reservations like a business.

Can you all stop posting about buying VGC before I submit an offer on this contract I see on DVC Resale Market???? 🤣

I bought BWV in 1999. Started going to DL in 2006. When VGC opened. I didn’t think I could swing more points but I lucked out a few times using my BWV points, sometimes getting a 1 bedroom instead of studio. By 2019, I was in a financial position to buy. My BWV was April and I wanted to match it. On 1/2/2020, I happened to see a DVC Resale Market new listing, 150 points, April. I consulted with a member friend and put in an offer in the app. That night I got an email that my offer was accepted! It only had 1 2020 point which I was ok with, I had already planned my 2020 trips. No dues. Little did I know what was lurking around the corner and DL would be closed for over a year. Worked out great!

Well you don’t have to buy the first day it goes on sale. But because we’re here we know we want to. Haha.
I'm just thinking the first 2 weeks when it's open for sales for members only will be the best incentives we'll ever have for that resort, as was the case for VGF2. So it might be good to be ready to buy then.

But, since we'd only be buying a small contract, maybe it doesn't matter. I'm guessing incentives won't start until, say 150 pts, and I'm thinking we'd want only like 75. (Depending on the point charts!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!