Buy VGC resale now or wait and buy VDH direct?

I think pods were be literally impossible to book if you aren't an owner there. A lot of people are going to be running smaller contracts I'd imagine, never doubt the cheap option. I also see a market for the Disneyland adults as it were.

As is, the Tower rooms (which were fairly maligned by those booking cash stays) at Riviera are selling out quite often at 11 months. It is good VDH added 50% more of them and since they utilize a square layout I don't think they'll be quite as controversial.

I really think this resort will have different views unlike VGC and that might preserve some occasional ability to book at 7 months, but you'll be paying the premium points for it. That said it might rank on the extremely unlikely versus next to impossible side of things. Instantaneously whatever makes it to 7 months will be swept by the sheer imbalance WDW holds.
Completely agree here.

Just to add to this, I think the lowest-point deluxe studios will also be competitive and book quickly at 11m. Looking at the layout of the grounds, it looks like the vast majority of rooms will have some sort of pool view. Historically, these are premium views. Higher floors or resort-facing may be even more premium ("Fireworks View", "Monorail Pool View", or whatever).

Only one half of the smallest wing looks like it will have a non-premium view, which means very few lowest-point studios. And like you say, never doubt the cheap option.

Similar patterns at BWV, BLT, and RIV where the cheapest are also low in quantity and they book up fast.

If there's availability at 7 months it will definitely be premium view rooms.

Why would there be the thought that any rooms at VDH will book quickly at 11 months when that has only ever been the case for a few dates during the year at VGC? The travel patterns for DL are still quite different than WDW.

Why would there be the thought that any rooms at VDH will book quickly at 11 months when that has only ever been the case for a few dates during the year at VGC? The travel patterns for DL are still quite different than WDW.

There is no difference in points between views at VGC. At most other DVC property the studios with the worst views are the least expensive and book out first.

VDH will most likely charge a premium for a pool view instead of a standard/street view.

These are things you will learn as part of your “Intro to DVC” research.

Last edited:

There is no difference in points between views at VGC. At every other DVC property the studios with the worst views are the least expensive and book out first.

VDH will most likely charge a premium for a pool view instead of a standard/street view.

Lol - my intro to DVC? 🤣

Lol - my intro to DVC? 🤣

Sorry, there were a lot of “Intro” questions being asked in a different thread I am in and I didn’t look closely enough at who made the post. No offense was intended.

A lot of people initially buy in thinking they can get value or standard room studios and and later find out it is nearly impossible. I don’t see a reason to expect that the pods or “standard” studios at VDH will be any different.

With the notable exception of Poly. The lake view category is really lovely and there are just so many standard rooms. Lake view books first, and it can be difficult at 7 months, even 11 months at times.
I don't think this applies to BLT? LV to SV inventory is almost 4:1 and LV points chart is much higher. SV rooms go super fast, especially the 2BRs and studios. I do agree that the LV rooms are really nice at BLT. But some of the SVs give you both TP and LV, with a low points chart.

There is no difference in points between views at VGC. At most other DVC property the studios with the worst views are the least expensive and book out first.

Correct me if I am wrong but it is my understanding studios will have no balconies. So who cares about a view when booking a studio?

Correct me if I am wrong but it is my understanding studios will have no balconies. So who cares about a view when booking a studio?
yes! no balconies means who cares about views. It'll just be an excuse for Disney to inflate the heck out of the points chart. I'm girding my loins.

All the more reason the lower points rooms will go faster. There will surely be view categories, though, as the existing DL hotel rooms have them and are a similar situation.

One of the reasons I purchased Rivera was to get standard category and tower. The point spread between standard and preferred view is significant. I’ve had a one night wait list for November tower studio in since the 11 month window and it’s yet to fill. Tower studios are hard to get. If they structure the point spread similar to Rivera the standard category and tower studio will be very difficult at 7 months. Wdw is often a week long stay. DL is often a night or two. I’m planning on purchasing just enough for an occasional weekend trip. If they have high buy in minimums I’ll be passing on DLH villas and stick with cash ressies for occasional trips.

To do battle with yourself before buying points there, to cover the inflated points costs? :p
I don't know. I keep telling myself that I need a small 50 point contract at VDH to score 2-3 nights a year. We would mainly use it as a first leg of a 9-10 night split stay between VDH studio, followed by VGC 1BR. But the more and more I think about it, it doesn't make sense to pay $225pp for VDH so that I can book the lower points SV rooms, when I can use my CCV direct points I got for much cheaper to book more expensive view rooms at 7 months. Of course this is all assuming that 7 month availability at VDH will be good. Screw it. I honestly don't need it. I can easily do a studio/1BR split all at VGC, or do a few nights at a good neighbor hotel. VDH just won't be worth $225pp for me! But ask me again in a couple of months and I'll be all over the place again.

I don't know. I keep telling myself that I need a small 50 point contract at VDH to score 2-3 nights a year. We would mainly use it as a first leg of a 9-10 night split stay between VDH studio, followed by VGC 1BR. But the more and more I think about it, it doesn't make sense to pay $225pp for VDH so that I can book the lower points SV rooms, when I can use my CCV direct points I got for much cheaper to book more expensive view rooms at 7 months. Of course this is all assuming that 7 month availability at VDH will be good. Screw it. I honestly don't need it. I can easily do a studio/1BR split all at VGC, or do a few nights at a good neighbor hotel. VDH just won't be worth $225pp for me! But ask me again in a couple of months and I'll be all over the place again.
And I'm just hoping the points chart will allow us to cover the 2-3 nights we'll want with our measly 300 BWV points! Maybe we'll rent our BWV points and pay cash for the Grand Cal instead - if I'd be restricted to a studio at VDH, might as well have a regular hotel room at GC!

This was a journey :D

And I'm just hoping the points chart will allow us to cover the 2-3 nights we'll want with our measly 300 BWV points! Maybe we'll rent our BWV points and pay cash for the Grand Cal instead - if I'd be restricted to a studio at VDH, might as well have a regular hotel room at GC!
This was a journey :D
And coming from Hawaii, my wife despises Trader Sam's and thinks it offensive to the Hawaiian culture. I don't mind it and can see the appeal for many. I think you'll be fine with your measly 300 BWV points at 7 months. Can you tell? I'm so not obsessed with VDH and DVC in general. Do I sound like it?...... :cool1:

Can you book a resort with 11m home resort points and then swap out the points used for that reservation at the 7m mark with non-home resort points?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter