Buy VGC resale now or wait and buy VDH direct?

I think pods were be literally impossible to book if you aren't an owner there. A lot of people are going to be running smaller contracts I'd imagine, never doubt the cheap option. I also see a market for the Disneyland adults as it were.

As is, the Tower rooms (which were fairly maligned by those booking cash stays) at Riviera are selling out quite often at 11 months. It is good VDH added 50% more of them and since they utilize a square layout I don't think they'll be quite as controversial.

I really think this resort will have different views unlike VGC and that might preserve some occasional ability to book at 7 months, but you'll be paying the premium points for it. That said it might rank on the extremely unlikely versus next to impossible side of things. Instantaneously whatever makes it to 7 months will be swept by the sheer imbalance WDW holds.

I'm just thinking the first 2 weeks when it's open for sales for members only will be the best incentives we'll ever have for that resort, as was the case for VGF2. So it might be good to be ready to buy then.

But, since we'd only be buying a small contract, maybe it doesn't matter. I'm guessing incentives won't start until, say 150 pts, and I'm thinking we'd want only like 75. (Depending on the point charts!)

Here is a solution to your problem:

Step 1) Say - "points are fun" over and over and over until you "are a true believer"

Step 2) Watch this for good measure -

Step 3) Realize the math is really good to buy at least 200 points for the best discount... wait 300, no 500 is better...

Buy at least 200 or more points because... YOLO

I'm just thinking the first 2 weeks when it's open for sales for members only will be the best incentives we'll ever have for that resort, as was the case for VGF2. So it might be good to be ready to buy then.

But, since we'd only be buying a small contract, maybe it doesn't matter. I'm guessing incentives won't start until, say 150 pts, and I'm thinking we'd want only like 75. (Depending on the point charts!)
With 75 points would you go every year for a few nights, or do the every other year strategy?

With 75 points would you go every year for a few nights, or do the every other year strategy?
I think every other year since we're on the East coast. But who knows, I've gotten so good at earning and using credit card/travel points/miles that we haven't paid for flights in years. That takes part of the sting out of long flights 😅

I think every other year since we're on the East coast. But who knows, I've gotten so good at earning and using credit card/travel points/miles that we haven't paid for flights in years. That takes part of the sting out of long flights 😅
Exactly. Coming from Texas not as difficult. We use United points to fly in to John Wayne. Marriott points for our first night and some local shopping or Downtown Disney. Then DVC points for 1 bedroom as studio is impossible to book at 7 months. First night at Marriott saves on our DVC points.

Check in VGC front desk the next morning, bags to storage, and off to the parks.

What are your thoughts about renting out your points for VDH vs VGC? Do you think VDH will command a higher rental price? Asking for a friend……
My guess would be VDH is $20-24/pt, while VGC will remain in the $22-26/pt range. VGC will still be the premiere property, being closest to the parks and having a direct entrance. VDH will also have more availability.

My guess would be VDH is $20-24/pt, while VGC will remain in the $22-26/pt range. VGC will still be the premiere property, being closest to the parks and having a direct entrance. VDH will also have more availability.
Thanks! My friend doesn’t live in CA so would be looking to rent it out until she moves out there. But won’t there still be the demand? Arn’t studios thru Disney renting for $1000/ night?

What are your thoughts about renting out your points for VDH vs VGC? Do you think VDH will command a higher rental price? Asking for a friend……
It may be close at the beginning since VDH will be so new. But VGC will also get a full refurb not long after so I doubt VCG will be supplanted by VDH. There's also so much more inventory at VDH compared to VGC. But I own VGC so I'm totally biased.

It may be close at the beginning since VDH will be so new. But VGC will also get a full refurb not long after so I doubt VCG will be supplanted by VDH. There's also so much more inventory at VDH compared to VGC. But I own VGC so I'm totally biased.
Well I am impressed with your DVC portfolio! My friend is getting $30/pt VGC rental now. Do you see VDH at the same?

Well I am impressed with your DVC portfolio! My friend is getting $30/pt VGC rental now. Do you see VDH at the same?
$30pp?!?! That's crazy, but also not surprising. I've never rented my VGC points. They're too valuable to use not on myself. I don't see VDH getting close to getting $30pp, mainly because there will be so much inventory.

Question regarding VGC resale - do you get the 11-month advance book window even if it is a resale vs direct purchase? We have missed so many opportunities to use our points at VGC trying to get any room within the 7-month window. We want to drop all other contacts and purchase VDH to get the 11-month booking window. I hadn't considered VGC contract would include an 11-month window too. Any guidance or clarification would be great.:worship:

Last edited:
Question regarding VGC resale - do you get the 11-month advance book window even if it is a resale vs direct purchase? We have missed so many opportunities to use our points at VGC trying to get any room within the 7-month window. We want to drop all other contacts and purchase VDH to get the 11-month booking window. I hadn't considered VGC contract would include an 11-month window too. Any guidance or clarification would be great.:worship:
Yes, 11 months for both resale and direct. You can't really get VGC direct right now as the waiting list is closed.

yes, VGC resale is good at 11 months. Only difference is that you wouldn't have access to direct membership perks, if you do not have any other direct memberships.

$30pp?!?! That's crazy, but also not surprising. I've never rented my VGC points. They're too valuable to use not on myself. I don't see VDH getting close to getting $30pp, mainly because there will be so much inventory.
I know! But she is! I think rentals out at CA are priced differently than at WDW FL. There is a lot of money out in CA. There is more DVC inventory in FL.

I know! But she is! I think rentals out at CA are priced differently than at WDW FL. There is a lot of money out in CA. There is more DVC inventory in FL.

I had someone transfer me 2023 SEPT UY VGC points for $23pp.

David’s vacation rental offers VCG at 11m @ $23pp.

At $30pp you really aren’t saving that much over cash rates and you loose the flexibility of cancellation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter