Buy VGC resale now or wait and buy VDH direct?

It would be a nice perk if they truly restricted people freely walking into the hotel from off the street and need to come through DTD or DCA into the hotel. That would cut down on the screening dramatically in the morning.

Couple the hotel restriction (at least in the first hours) along with starting VGC entries ahead of the Esplanade and earlier than the DTD enters -- that would make the perk nice for 'bubble status'

It would be a nice perk if they truly restricted people freely walking into the hotel from off the street and need to come through DTD or DCA into the hotel. That would cut down on the screening dramatically in the morning.

Couple the hotel restriction (at least in the first hours) along with starting VGC entries ahead of the Esplanade and earlier than the DTD enters -- that would make the perk nice for 'bubble status'
Well, there IS a locked key card gate on the sidewalk leading up to the front entrance. Sure, people hold it open for others, but if the guard in the shack sees you, they will confront you. I think it's definitely to keep the line for the DCA entrance down to a manageable number (because you CAN freely enter the hotel through DTD). You can walk onto DLH and Pixar Place without going through a locked gate or any screening, but at GCH you either enter through the front pedestrian key card gate monitored by a security CM, or you go through DTD security screening.

I actually don't care that much about theme. Of things I like and dislike about Grand Floridian, theme is pretty low on my concerns. But if you're naming a hotel the Grand "Floridian" -- based on the gilded age of Florida, it makes little sense to mostly be guided by a California hotel.

My main likes for GF are the location and the dining and the general pool size. My dislike -- sprawling nature of the resort with a somewhat underwhelming layout, mediocre rooms on the resort side, and the "Victorian Elegance" often feels forced and half-done.
I don't dislike GF... I just don't see it as the best at WDW. Take out location, it might not be in my top 10. Even with location considered, it probably doesn't make my top 5. (prefer BC/YC, RIV, POLY... Then, it's kinda GF, AK, BW and CON/BLT in a batch).
The reason we don’t like the GF is that the lobby is almost always overwhelmed with outsiders. And then we have great memories of renting mini speed boats there… gone. So much for plus ing it. So yeah GF is now 100% meh for us. The reno at BPK is a travesty. Dh is very detail oriented and pointed out non stop how half done it is.

The reason we don’t like the GF is that the lobby is almost always overwhelmed with outsiders. And then we have great memories of renting mini speed boats there… gone. So much for plus ing it. So yeah GF is now 100% meh for us. The reno at BPK is a travesty. Dh is very detail oriented and pointed out non stop how half done it is.
Oh, the only complaint I've heard why BPK is the thin walls/noise. In what ways is it half done?

Oh, the only complaint I've heard why BPK is the thin walls/noise. In what ways is it half done?
The rooms are decent, but if you look closely at the elevator, hallways, balconies— there was no renovation done in the building. And minimum upkeep. It is kind of offensive that disney is charging what the are charging for a lipstick on a pig type reno.

I made an offer on another Grand Cal that has been on the market for 5 months. It took them over a week to respond and the agent let me know they decided to just pull it off the market.

I made an offer on another contract and a different agent said that they just reduced the price and she would be happy to send an offer that was closer to the listing amount.

The joys of resale…..

I made an offer on another Grand Cal that has been on the market for 5 months. It took them over a week to respond and the agent let me know they decided to just pull it off the market.

I made an offer on another contract and a different agent said that they just reduced the price and she would be happy to send an offer that was closer to the listing amount.

The joys of resale…..
I thought it's the responsibility of the agent to submit all offers to the sellers (unless the seller says, don't send anything less than xxx amount)

I thought it's the responsibility of the agent to submit all offers to the sellers (unless the seller says, don't send anything less than xxx amount)

Yes, but as a buyer you have no idea what direction the seller gives a broker. They will not tell the buyer what the seller has asked them to do.

So, when a broker says they won’t submit the offer because it’s too low that’s a good indication the seller has agreed to that.

Where is a good place to read the details of how the resale process works? I don't fully understand the ins and outs of it all. I mean, I know you find a contract you like and then submit an offer. But I don't really get the rest of it. Can someone point me to a place that gives a nice rundown that's easy to understand?

Where is a good place to read the details of how the resale process works? I don't fully understand the ins and outs of it all. I mean, I know you find a contract you like and then submit an offer. But I don't really get the rest of it. Can someone point me to a place that gives a nice rundown that's easy to understand?
Not exactly what you need, but I would recommend the closing time thread as a resource to follow along how the process has worked for others -

https://www.disboards.com/threads/closing-time.3836891/

Some other resources I like. On YouTube there is this Magic and The Music Channel that does some good DVC info videos. Here is one that might work for you -

DVC Fan YouTube is great and also Jen Lefforge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter