Biscuit's Grand Adventure | An epic tale three decades in the making!

Great update Biscuit!

Can't wait to hear about the honeymoon! I have a weakness for Disneymoon stories!!

You made me feel old and made me want to be young again, all at the same time. ;) It was so exciting to wonder if Boy C liked you!

Mr. Toad was passed over and the next stop was Snow White’s Scary Adventure.
:faint: :sad2:

Boy A liked Girl B, but she ignored him because she knew that Girl C was actually interested in Boy A which he did not pick up on until later that day when Boy D changed places with Girl C so she could sit by Boy A while Girl B moved to sit by Boy E, who was actually interested in Girl F who was touring with group 2 and had spent the morning holding hands with Boy H, but was upset because he was flirting with Girl I, so Girl F moved to group 1 for the rest of the day. All of which makes me EXTREMELY thankful that I am no longer in high school.
:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: Me, too!

The next time I set foot in the Magic Kingdom, six years later, I would be on my honeymoon with the love of my life.
:goodvibes Awww, can't wait to hear this story!

Can't waitpopcorn::
Howdy! I'll be posting it tomorrow!

Tomorrowland Noodle station only came into existence 2 or 3 years ago, I think. Haven't actually been there yet. I did condiments there too once upon a time, I think, before it changed. I DO NOT volunteer anymore for cross-u shifts, getting too long in the tooth. :sad2:
Good to know. I remember eating Pizza on our honeymoon and I THOUGHT it was at the same location, but wasn't sure.

Great installment! I'm really looking forward to the next one!
Thanks! More coming soon.

Great update Biscuit! Can't wait to hear about the honeymoon! I have a weakness for Disneymoon stories!!
Thanks! Disneymoon always cracks me up. Sounds like high school kids sticking a pressed ham in the window of the monorail. NOT that I would ever do that mind you.

You made me feel old and made me want to be young again, all at the same time. ;) It was so exciting to wonder if Boy C liked you!
:rotfl2: I was the one shanking my head and saying "Let's continue this in Tomorrowland people!"

I feel that way every time I have to put on a pair of pantyhose :sad2: Looking forward to Boy meets Girl!!!
HEY MTK! You gave me a good chuckle as usual. Hopefully the next episode won't be TOO sappy.

Awww, can't wait to hear this story!
It will be a fun ride I hope.

Ah yes the romanitc trip....popcorn::
There is a fine line between romance and disaster...as we shall soon see.

Unfortunately, I think I got a bit lost trying to keep track of the assorted teenage angst in the last post... Anyone got a diagram or something?

Unfortunately, I think I got a bit lost trying to keep track of the assorted teenage angst in the last post... Anyone got a diagram or something?

Just take a pencil, put it on a piece of paper, close you eyes and spin it around a bit. Whatever you come up with will make about as much sense as teenage romance.

Coming up on Episode 21 - How I was christened "Great Biscuit" and Boy Meets Girl.

Previously on Biscuit’s Grand Adventure, teenage drama ensued, in-park naps were taken, and overpriced school trips were declined. Much drama ensued over the next six years which are beyond the scope of this particular narrative. Here’s the cliff notes.

Went to college. Majored in film and TV production. Had mass rebellion & dropped out for a year. Came to a crisis of faith. Got life right with God. Felt call to preach. Returned to school. Majored in Theology / Communications. Got a nickname. Met a girl. Proposed. Got married.

There, that just about covers it.

Coming up in Episode 22…………..what you do mean you want more? Okay, well fine then.

First to my screen name. Those who follow Zzub’s TR’s have heard this story before, but for those who have not, here it is. One day, following the previously mentioned stage of rebellion and redemption, I managed to injure myself. I know this comes as a complete and total shock to all who have been following along on this TR. Anywho, I was working on a video shoot and squashed the bejeebers out of my toe. During the following moments, my face went through several shades of red and purple while I was mentally censuring all of the expressions of pain that were attempting to exit my lips. Finally I managed to bellow out “GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAT BISCUIT!”

Those who were there to witness this particular outburst found it to be quite amusing and it became my nickname from that time forward. Even today, whenever I have contact with people from college, I am still referred to as Great Biscuit. Thus, that is how I am now know on the DIS. Although to my parents and sisters I will always be Bubba and to everyone else, well I’m just plain old Matt.

Now that the origins of my screen name have been fully divulged I suppose it’s time to take a look at how trip number six came into being. I always knew that I was going to honeymoon at Walt Disney World. The only question that really had to be settled was with whom. (Minor details!)

My particular road to finding true love had bit of an odd beginning. When I was in the tenth grade, I shocked my mother by announcing that I had no intentions of dating anyone until I was ready to get married. My logic was fairly simple in that I didn’t want to waste the time, effort, emotion, energy or money that dating required. I would simply trust God to bring the right person into my life at the right time.

Fast forward to the spring semester of 1996. I was a senior in college (though with the credits I lost from changing majors, I still had an extra year to go.) As part of my studies I was required to take a philosophy class. Oh Joy! As if my life weren’t already filled with enough excitement. The classroom’s odd layout combined with the professor’s propensity to wander around while he was talking meant that I often sat at an angle in my desk.

About the 2nd week in, I noticed that when the professor stood in a certain spot, I could see the eyelashes of the girl in front of me fluttering over his head. It was then that I noticed that she was wearing blue mascara. For reasons I cannot fully explain I was intrigued by this. I had no idea they made the stuff in blue.

We were soon assigned a group task of taking a “Pragmatic Walk” around the campus and journaling our observations. :sad2: (I spent HOW many thousands of dollars for the privilege of wandering around and staring at crap?) Our prof assigned groups by row and it turned out that the girl with blue mascara was in my group. It was then that I learned her name was Tracy. We happened to have a mutual friend who was also in our little project group and he was planning an outing that Friday and invited us both. (Thanks Mike!) Hmmmm….this could be…interesting.

That Friday, we all met up at a bowling alley. (If your first activity with your future spouse involved a bowling alley, you might be a redneck.) ANYWAY afterwards we all went to Perkins to grab some chow. I met several of her friends and her twin sister. As it turns out, Tracy wasn’t all that interested in me at first. PERISH THE THOUGHT! She thought I was too quiet.

Then something happened that began to change her mind. We had a speech to perform in class regarding the influence of philosophy on the public education system. As you might imagine most of them were REALLY dry. As I feel that EVERYTHING goes down better with humor, I hammed mine up quite a bit and really gave it as much flourish as I could muster. Apparently it made an impression as it began to change the way Tracy saw me.

The one thing that really sealed the deal more than anything else was that her twin sister Tammy thought we were perfect for each other and took on the role of matchmaker. That Easter, I had planned to just stay at the school during the extended weekend as it was a 13 hour drive home. (Hardly a weekend trip, even WITH an extra day.) Tammy discovered this and invited me to come home with them for the weekend. I agreed and mentioned it over the phone to my mother. She says that she knew then that Tracy and I were getting married. Mind you we weren’t officially dating at this point and I had not once mentioned her before in conversation with my mom.

The day we left school for Easter break just happened to be the day of the home opener for the Kansas City Royals. It was tradition for my roommate and me to skip…I mean…to ummmmm….uhhh….re-arrange our academic schedules on opening day, and head to the ballpark. The Royals of course always lost, but BOY did they have some good bratwurst and grilled pretzels. It wound up that the game went into extra innings and I left the stadium EARLY to go on this trip. Yeah. That’s right. I said it. I left a baseball game early. ON OPENING DAY. For a girl. Think through that one.

When I arrived back at the school, I discovered Tracy was desperately ill. NASTY sick. Green in the face, doubled over, “I’m sleeping in the back seat and only moving for emergency restroom runs,” sick. Yet, she didn’t want to cancel the trip so we headed to her parents house. The drive from Kansas City to Minneapolis is certainly a lesson in patience. There is nothing to look at but corn stalks and cows’ rear ends.

I spent the next eight hours trading off driving duties with Tammy. During the course of the drive, she extracted virtually every detail of my life and gave me the scoop on the Sleeping Beauty in the backseat. It was late when we arrived, and after meeting my future in laws, I headed down to the guest room and crashed.

Poor Tracy was sick with a nasty stomach bug all weekend and rarely emerged from her room. It did however give me time to meet her family and thankfully ingrained into Tammy that I was “the one” for her sister. One funny note, when we went to church that Sunday, Tammy introduced me to a lady as her friend Matt. To which the lady replied “Well friends can become something more.” This resulted in the now famous reply “He was Tracy’s friend first!”

After we all returned back to school, Tracy and I continued to “group date” before officially becoming a couple that May. By that time, I had come out of my shell so to speak. One thing that Tracy was correct about, I was REALLY quiet when she first met me. She helped me break through that, not only when I was around her, but with others as well. She not only complimented who I was, she completed who I was. I knew then that she was the one.

After a summer of late night phone calls and love filled emails, we returned back to school. Then one night, (October 8th to be exact) I asked her to become First Lady Biscuit and she said yes. My mother of course was not surprised at all and pointed out that she had known I would marry Tracy before we were even dating.

The next summer we were married in Osseo, Minnesota and soon set out for our Walt Disney World honeymoon where I would have both my greatest and my worst Walt Disney World memories of all time.

It’s hard to believe now that it has been nearly twelve years. And today, even more than in 1997, I can truly say that Tracy is my soul mate, my best friend, and the love of my life.

Coming up on Episode 22 – Welcome to….Atlanta???? The eruption of Hades begins.

PS – People always ask, so I’ll go ahead and clear the air now. No I don’t get my wife and sister in law mixed up. (USUALLY) They do sound the same on the phone AND they look the same from the back. One of the most embarrassing moments of my life was one Christmas when Tracy and I were at her parents’ house. (They have a townhouse and the kitchen is at the front, the dining room in the middle and the living room at the back, all in one big open, rectangular space.) I walked into the kitchen and saw my wife getting something to drink out of the fridge so I gave her good morning pat on the fanny. I then looked up and saw my wife sitting on the couch in the living room about the same time my sister in law shot a foot and a half straight in the air from behind the fridge door and said “WHO TOUCHED MY BUTT?!” DOH!

And to answer the second question, no I have never had any regrets about not dating another person before I met my wife. Why would I regret not driving through Krystal Burgers on my way to the steak house? Yeah, I used a meat metaphor to describe my relationship with my spouse. I may have posted a sappy chapter, but I’m still a guy dang it.

Last edited:
Why would I regret not driving through Krystal Burgers on my way to the steak house? Yeah, I used a meat metaphor to describe my relationship with my spouse. I may have posted a sappy chapter, but I’m still a guy dang it.

:lmao: :lmao:
It's about as romantic as a man can get, isn't it?
I remember the story of how you got your name from a Zzub thread... those do tend to go way off tangent, don't they, but I love Zzub, so that's fine with me. My all time favorite post of Zzub's, the one that got me interested in reading your TR when it came to be was when he replied to a reply of yours by addressing you as his "flaky friend" I swear I laughed for 10 minutes, sure that he did not realize he was calling you flaky.

I am totally enjoying the ride through your WDW memory album... I tend to lurk mostly, but just want you to know I'm a big fan.

GB, that was a totally enjoyable chapter, loved it. Thanks for telling us your stories.

“GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAT BISCUIT!”

Now, Aren't we all grateful that we are not forced to be named in that same manner? My screen name would be horrific. There would be a lot of hair and crap in my screen name.

Then one night, (October 8th to be exact) I asked her to become First Lady Biscuit and she said yes.

Awww. Just Awwww.

It’s hard to believe now that it has been nearly twelve years. And today, even more than in 1997, I can truly say that Tracy is my soul mate, my best friend, and the love of my life.

Holy Cow!! Mr. The King and I got married in Aug 97! Don't you love your wife even more now?

“WHO TOUCHED MY BUTT?!”

If I had a nickel for every time I have had to say that!

I would have about 10 cents :sad2:

Yeah, I used a meat metaphor to describe my relationship with my spouse. I may have posted a sappy chapter, but I’m still a guy dang it.

it's ok dude. Us ladies compare our husbands to food all the time.

Can I say that your post is super duper cool because you had the good taste to post it on my birthday!! I know, I feel the same way. :hug:

Great Chapter GB :thumbsup2 :cool2:

You just know it's the love of your life when you spend hours with someone and they are feeling and looking baaaaddddd.!:sick: And yet they are hours well spent.
:thumbsup2

And to answer the second question, no I have never had any regrets about not dating another person before I met my wife. Why would I regret not driving through Krystal Burgers on my way to the steak house? Yeah, I used a meat metaphor to describe my relationship with my spouse. I may have posted a sappy chapter, but I’m still a guy dang it.

Yeah, but you don't want to starve on the way over there, right?

Picture it, the eighties, a small Texas town and an 11 year old kid who has just discovered cable TV. All nine channels of it. And one of those channels is something called the Disney Channel. Having always loved Disney related things, watching this new portal of wonder was soon my favorite pastime. Between episodes of my favorite shows (Danger Bay, The Edison Twins, and DTV) there were always short “update” pieces on what was new and happening at The Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland.

Just now joining - do you remember that the Disney Channel used to be a channel you had to pay extra for - like HBO? Maybe that was just with my cable provider... I remember that & vaguely what our cable box looked like, and I was 7 at the time.

When do we get to see a pic of Mrs. Biscuit? And the little Bisquettes?

:lmao: :lmao:
It's about as romantic as a man can get, isn't it?
I remember the story of how you got your name from a Zzub thread... those do tend to go way off tangent, don't they, but I love Zzub, so that's fine with me. My all time favorite post of Zzub's, the one that got me interested in reading your TR when it came to be was when he replied to a reply of yours by addressing you as his "flaky friend" I swear I laughed for 10 minutes, sure that he did not realize he was calling you flaky.

I am totally enjoying the ride through your WDW memory album... I tend to lurk mostly, but just want you to know I'm a big fan.
Hey DNM and welcome! :wave2: I remember that post...I think it may have led to me updating my tag from the board default. (12 years and no tag fairy...I'm not bitter.)

GB, that was a totally enjoyable chapter, loved it. Thanks for telling us your stories.
Hey BSG! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I got to chat with a really cool CM at work tonight. (Of course you guys are all nice when you call in.)

Now, Aren't we all grateful that we are not forced to be named in that same manner? My screen name would be horrific. There would be a lot of hair and crap in my screen name.
Believe me, I have bellowed worse.

Holy Cow!! Mr. The King and I got married in Aug 97! Don't you love your wife even more now?
Awesome! All the cool kids got married in summer of 97!

If I had a nickel for every time I have had to say that!I would have about 10 cents :sad2:
:lmao:

it's ok dude. Us ladies compare our husbands to food all the time.
Good to know

Can I say that your post is super duper cool because you had the good taste to post it on my birthday!! I know, I feel the same way. :hug:
Seriously? Happy Birthday! :bday: party:

You just know it's the love of your life when you spend hours with someone and they are feeling and looking baaaaddddd.!:sick: And yet they are hours well spent.
:thumbsup2
Well said! And believe me, she was Baaaddddd sick!

Yeah, but you don't want to starve on the way over there, right?
I aint even gonna TOUCH that one.

Just now joining - do you remember that the Disney Channel used to be a channel you had to pay extra for - like HBO? Maybe that was just with my cable provider... I remember that & vaguely what our cable box looked like, and I was 7 at the time. ?
Hi Beka and welcome. :wave2: When we lived in West Texas, Disney channel was included. Then we moved to Central Texas and it was a premium channel so we lost it. But after a few months of begging, my parents relented and added it. :yay:

When do we get to see a pic of Mrs. Biscuit? And the little Bisquettes?
Next week's updates will def bring some newlywed pics. Little pastries will be a couple of more months though.

What a sweet story! Just goes to show that when you're meant to find your soul mate, there they'll be. It took dh and me lots of trips to Krystals, Taco Bell, etc. before we found each other. He is my filet mignon! :lovestruc

All this food talk made me think of the Biscuitville restaurants I've seen in Virginia. Ever been to one? Your picture in front of one would make a great avatar!

Happy Birthday, Mrs. the King! 21?

What a sweet story! Just goes to show that when you're meant to find your soul mate, there they'll be. It took dh and me lots of trips to Krystals, Taco Bell, etc. before we found each other. He is my filet mignon! :lovestruc

All this food talk made me think of the Biscuitville restaurants I've seen in Virginia. Ever been to one? Your picture in front of one would make a great avatar!

How did you guess!!:cool1:

If I ever find myself in Virginia, I am SO there. :thumbsup2 Somewhere I DO have photo I made in college where I stuck a photo of my face onto a GI joe action figure holding up a giant biscuit. I need to see if I can find those negative and run em up to Wal mart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter