Biscuit's Grand Adventure | An epic tale three decades in the making!

What a horrible start to your honeymoon! Your family is WONDERFUL for stepping in and saving it. :thumbsup2

I have to admit, I laughed out loud at your comment about "stuffing the keys..." when you lost your cool....:rotfl: I KNOW I would have lost it, that roach would have been my last straw.

I am a Tier 2 Support Rep. I deal with the screamers too. Thankfully we don't get too many of those, but when we do, they are doozies!

Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? On the other hand whatever does kill us makes us dead, but that's beside the point.

And yeah, having done a couple of years in tech support myself (at the notorious Keane Federal Pentitentary and Tech Support Call Center) I can certainly relate.

Remember: Tech Support people don't go to Hell; They're already doing time in Purgatory.

OMG! You must have the patience of Job! :worship: I would have been freking and if I had seen the roach I would of been out of there so fast your head would have spun:scared1:

The Holiday Inn sound so much better!:wizard:

Uh-oh....did you run into ALice when you got the MK?popcorn::

Holy Buscuits and gravy!!!

What a nightmare!! :scared1: The shuttle guy and then the roach!! Oh no! I was also mad for you and ready to take them on (verbally of course) in your stead.

I'm so glad your Aunt and Mom got things fixed for you...they sound like the greatest.

As far as the gas you would have expelled....well we'll just pretend you did, it's like the victory fight song!

Can't wait to hear more....popcorn::

DUDE.

I can't even laugh - you guys lived every Disney-goers worst nightmare! AND on your freaking honeymoon, to boot! :hug::hug:

I'm so, so, so glad things got worked out in the end. What a wonderful family you have. :goodvibes

And, frankly, any brand-new marriage that can survive that experience has "longevity" written all over it! :thumbsup2

GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!!!:scared1:
Why the heck do we say that anyway, good grief, no grief is good! Must be the good that comes out of it. :confused3
What a WONDERFUL Family you have.:dance3:
Can you look back and laugh? Cause all crazy stupid things happen so you can look back and laugh at it. :rotfl2:
Wow.:thumbsup2
popcorn::

Whew! That was almost painful to read, but what a honeymoon story it made! I had to laugh at wanting to fart on the way out the door. :rotfl2:

OMG, what a horrible way to begin your honeymoon.
For a while there, I thought you really would end up on a plane home. I wonder who bought into that crappy timeshare, and if it still exists even!

I hope the trip gets better from here on out.

Joining in the "how horrible" chorus. WOW, what an experience, even worse than having your mother-in-law go on your honeymoon to Paris with you (that would be MY MIL). Your experience was worse, but mine lasted longer....

Glad to see that things are starting to look up :thumbsup2

Oh my gosh, I got mad for you. I would have lost my cool LONG before you did!
It was def enough to make your blood boil.

What a horrible experience! Glad things are looking up.
Up was the only way they could go!

What a horrible start to your honeymoon! Your family is WONDERFUL for stepping in and saving it. :thumbsup2

I have to admit, I laughed out loud at your comment about "stuffing the keys..." when you lost your cool....:rotfl: I KNOW I would have lost it, that roach would have been my last straw.

I am a Tier 2 Support Rep. I deal with the screamers too. Thankfully we don't get too many of those, but when we do, they are doozies!
Kudos to Tier II reps! Greatest Tier II call I ever took was a guy who was convinced that all cell phones were owned by CIA and that the "internet troopers" were stalking him. I gotta agree with you one the family! They are the best!

Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? On the other hand whatever does kill us makes us dead, but that's beside the point.

And yeah, having done a couple of years in tech support myself (at the notorious Keane Federal Pentitentary and Tech Support Call Center) I can certainly relate.

Remember: Tech Support people don't go to Hell; They're already doing time in Purgatory.
So goes the theory...tech support call centers are an experience unique unto themselves.

OMG! You must have the patience of Job! :worship: I would have been freking and if I had seen the roach I would of been out of there so fast your head would have spun:scared1:

The Holiday Inn sound so much better!:wizard:

Uh-oh....did you run into ALice when you got the MK?popcorn::
No Alice Hugging on this trip! The roach was pretty much our last straw as well.

Holy Buscuits and gravy!!!

What a nightmare!! :scared1: The shuttle guy and then the roach!! Oh no! I was also mad for you and ready to take them on (verbally of course) in your stead.

I'm so glad your Aunt and Mom got things fixed for you...they sound like the greatest.

As far as the gas you would have expelled....well we'll just pretend you did, it's like the victory fight song!

Can't wait to hear more....popcorn::
Here's to imaginary retalitory flatulence!

DUDE.

I can't even laugh - you guys lived every Disney-goers worst nightmare! AND on your freaking honeymoon, to boot! :hug::hug:

I'm so, so, so glad things got worked out in the end. What a wonderful family you have. :goodvibes

And, frankly, any brand-new marriage that can survive that experience has "longevity" written all over it! :thumbsup2
That much is true. We've been through really dark stormmy nights, and some really bright and wonderful days. It's definitely brought us closer together.

Yippee! A happy ending! Let the fun begin!!
I'm with you! Although we did have a FEW more moments of un-joy as we shall soon see.

GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!!!:scared1:
Why the heck do we say that anyway, good grief, no grief is good! Must be the good that comes out of it. :confused3
What a WONDERFUL Family you have.:dance3:
Can you look back and laugh? Cause all crazy stupid things happen so you can look back and laugh at it. :rotfl2:
Wow.:thumbsup2
popcorn::
I blame Charlie Brown. Cause no one else ever does. Except for Peppermint Patty. Which really isn't fair, but neither is life so I guess that's the point. I've forgotten what I was talking about now. Ah yes, laughter. We can laugh now. Not so much then.

Whew! That was almost painful to read, but what a honeymoon story it made! I had to laugh at wanting to fart on the way out the door. :rotfl2:
It was painful to live through too let me tell you! But we made it!

OMG, what a horrible way to begin your honeymoon.
For a while there, I thought you really would end up on a plane home. I wonder who bought into that crappy timeshare, and if it still exists even!

I hope the trip gets better from here on out.
It DOES get better! I've wondered on the Time Share thing too. Talking about it aftwards, it wasn't on the list long so either it was some sort of temporary thing or it just bombed. We saw signs saying it was going to be renovated, but who knows.

Joining in the "how horrible" chorus. WOW, what an experience, even worse than having your mother-in-law go on your honeymoon to Paris with you (that would be MY MIL). Your experience was worse, but mine lasted longer....

Glad to see that things are starting to look up :thumbsup2
I'd be in lockup if my MIL came on our honeymoon. Literally. I wouldn't have made it. I'd be sitting in a padded cell right now somewhere on Discovery Island.

OK, I just started your trip report and have only read Post #1 and the Great Biscuit Origin Story, but I am enjoying them so much I had to comment. And my comment is this: Great trip(s) report! :thumbsup2

Also, I too am married to a twin, so I will take a lesson from your experience and, at our next family gathering, make darn sure I know whose butt I'm patting in my in-laws' kitchen! :rotfl:

OK, I just started your trip report and have only read Post #1 and the Great Biscuit Origin Story, but I am enjoying them so much I had to comment. And my comment is this: Great trip(s) report! :thumbsup2
Thanks and Welcome! :welcome:

Also, I too am married to a twin, so I will take a lesson from your experience and, at our next family gathering, make darn sure I know whose butt I'm patting in my in-laws' kitchen! :rotfl:
That's good advice, let me tell you. You should also never point out to your spouse's twin that you know what they look like Au Natural... It doesn't go well.

Hey Everyone! Sorry for the delay. I know I normally post on Mondays and Thursdays, but we are on a weird training schedule this week at work so my brain is off. More than normal. I'm going to try to get my act together and get something posted tonight. As to the photo post, I'm still working on it. I forgot about this weekend being the setup time for our Easter play at church. (Where of course your's truly managed to find disaster yet again...more on that later.) Not to worry, I'm going to get that put together ASAP.

See ya real soon!

Episode 24 - Our honeymoon truly begins and we discover an old friend.

NEWS ALERT: Those of you who have been following along will no doubt be shocked and surprised to discover that over the weekend I took a dive off a step ladder. I was up at the church, happily bolting some flats together for the Easter play and somehow leaned past the point of no return. The ladder went right, I went left and I wound up doing the whole running in air move on the way day. The resulting crash was profound and those who were in attendance thought I’d killed myself. Fortunately there were no traumatic injuries and I’m happy to report the ladder is expected to make a full recovery. We now return to our regularly scheduled program.

Previously on Biscuit’s Grand Adventure, tickets were sought, frustration ran high, and Biscuit had a moment. When we arrived at our room at the Nikki Bird, we were immediately struck by the contrast between where we had just left and the room we were now entering. There were paintings on the walls, un-holy bedding, stain free carpets, absence of foot odor and no bug-like critters in sight. Our porter helped us get the luggage in, showed us the room’s features (including, unfortunately, the in-room safe), and made sure we were properly settled.

After offering up a tip and much thanks, we collapsed in a heap and tried to come up with a plan for dinner. There was a short order grill/café type thing there off of the main lobby. I don’t remember the specifics of it as we never actually ate there. It was either closed at that time or we just didn’t feel like that type of food.

While pondering our options, I happened to catch a glimpse out the window of an old friend. If you remember a couple of posts back, on our first “group friends” outing, Tracy and I ate at a Perkins. It just so happened that there was one right across the street from the hotel. I suggested we celebrate our honeymoon restart with a meal at the restaurant where our relationship first began. Stand back, Biscuit’s breakin’ out the romance baby. Okay, so technically it wasn’t the SAME exact physical restaurant, but after losing two park days and going nine rounds with the “tour” lady, it was the best I could come up with. AND it was close which meant no need for shuttles. (YEAH!)

Before we left, I stuffed the camera/camcorder bag into the in room safe. I don’t know why I did this. To my knowledge there was no clandestine camera thief lurking in the bowels of the Holiday Inn. Yet for whatever reason, I felt it was important that our optical recording devices be secure. Tracy teased me about not forgetting the combination and I assured her that it was locked away deep within the recesses of my brain. (Raise your hand if you see where that one’s going.)

We walked over to Perkins and were seated right away. Those of you familiar with this chain know that this means absolutely nothing. After the requisite delay, our server emerged and we ordered up a bread bowl salad to split. (Those things are massive and surprisingly tasty). During the meal we finally got a chance to relax a bit, and even managed to get a good laugh at just how crazy the past two days had been.

I opted for a slice of Key Lime pie for dessert and was not disappointed. While normally sweets are not a huge temptation for me, there are 5 that I am powerless to resist. 1. My Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie. 2. Vanilla Bean Cheesecake. 3. Key Lime Pie. 4. Texas Sheet Cake. 5. Homemade Blackberry Cobbler.

Our server was great, and when she found out we were on our honeymoon, she took great joy in urging us to order something with more carbs to “Keep our strength up”. Every time she came back, she’d tease us about needing to hurry up and head back to the room.

By the time we were done with the meal, we were both laughing like crazy. She was a great server and really lightened the mood of the day.

When we finally did get back to the room, I went to take the cameras out of the safe, because, obviously no thief would dare to take on Great Biscuit in person. I then discovered that the recesses of my brain were deeper than I realized. Try as I might, I could not figure out what I had used as the combo. I personally blame the device because as a highly skilled and trained computer operator, I know that it could NOT have been user error. A quick call to the front desk brought a maintenance guy to the door within 5 min. He had some nifty little electronic doo-hicky with him and was able to reset it in no time flat. This of course resulted in much eye rolling being sent my way. (I’m not naming names.)

After promising not to touch the pretty shiny toys, I helped Tracy unpack. This was a good sign, as we did not unpack a thing at the prior motel. There was still a good hour before the pool closed so we headed down for an evening swim. The pool seemed pretty nifty. I don’t recall the specifics of the place, but I was just happy that it wasn’t closed for maintenance. There was a hot tub at one end and we decided to start there. Just as we were literally putting our toes in, security came by and advised that they were closing the pool early that night due to noise complaints.

Joy.

Well, on the bright side, we don’t have to worry about trying to put on wet bathing suits the next time we want to go swimming right?

When we got back to the room, I found a notepad and started working on mapping out “The Plan 2.2” We had two and a half park days left so I made a list of things that we really wanted to do. Tracy had never been to the Disney MGM Studios, and it was my top pick as well, so we decided to start with that park. Our plan wound up as follows: Day 1 - MGM. Day 2 -MK. Day 3 - ½ day EPCOT and fly home. (Animal Kingdom was not yet open.)

Would this be the plan that we actually stuck with?

Absolutely not.

But that’s getting ahead of myself.

With a pseudo plan mapped out and the promise of park patronage in our future, I was one happy Biscuit. I set out to conquer the ice machine, not because we really needed ice, but because it bugs me not to make use of the handy bucket they give you.

After wandering aimlessly for quite some time, I finally managed to locate the ice dispenser…about three doors down. I grabbed us an overpriced bottle of 1997 Mr. Pibb, (an excellent vintage I might add) and returned to the room triumphant, having hunted and subdued my prey.

Before turning in, I got the camcorder charging, the sunscreen set out, the film loaded in the camera, the lenses cleaned, the tickets set by the door and when my wife wasn’t looking I stuck my wallet in the in room safe. I made SURE this time though to use a number I would NOT forget. Which I didn’t. Turns out that forgetting the number wasn’t quite what I should have been focusing on.

Coming up on Episode 25 - Yes! We're at a Park! Hey, where's my wallet?...DOH!

But First - Bonus Features - Pictures!

Last edited:
Well sheesh, thank goodness the ladder is going to be okay. :rolleyes:

As for the rest of this report.......:thumbsup2 :laughing: :worship: :worship:

That is all.

NEWS ALERT: Those of you who have been following along will no doubt be shocked and surprised to discover that over the weekend I took a dive off a step ladder. I was up at the church, happily bolting some flats together for the Easter play and somehow leaned past the point of no return. The ladder went right, I went left and I wound up doing the whole running in air move on the way day. The resulting crash was profound and those who were in attendance thought I’d killed myself. Fortunately there were no traumatic injuries and I’m happy to report the ladder is expected to make a full recovery. We now return to our regularly scheduled program.

I'm sorry :lmao:

Stand back, Biscuit’s breakin’ out the romance baby.

:love: You get extra points for even remembering that!:thumbsup2

(Raise your hand if you see where that one’s going.)

Ooh Ooh Oh

Horshack.jpg

She was a great server and really lightened the mood of the day.

Yay. Things are turning around:yay:

This of course resulted in much eye rolling being sent my way. (I’m not naming names.)

Boy, I'dbe ticked if the maintenance guy rolled his eyes at me. I am certain that it was not your lovely wife who did such a thing. I know, becasue as a wife I would NEVER do such a thing:rolleyes1

Coming up on Episode 25 - Yes! We’re at a Park! Hey, where’s my wallet?...DOH!

Oh no:eek:popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter