Bad tablemate during dinner

I'm also sorry to hear about your bad experience and wished you could have shared a table with us. We have had good experiences being "matched" by Disney but I realize that has just been luck and anything can happen in the future. I'm also surprised that the staff handled your request so poorly. It's my experience that if you continue to advance your complaint, eventually someone takes you seriously and handles the issue but who wants to spend their vacation complaining...

I just went to Cabanas every night and had an amazing different dinner each night with no one near or around me. It was empty, quiet and glorious!

I feel bad for the OP. I have only been on 2 DCL cruises (already I am seeing what I can pull off in the future so I can cruise again on DCL). The first time was okay. It was my first time cruising and the people were nice (one young couple and some other single people). This second time was great. We hit it off. Dressed as pirates one night in Parrot Cay on an Alaskan cruise when there was no Pirate Night. Wore crowns and Disney Royalty pins for the Prince and Princess Dinner. Went on an excursion together. Went to the adult show in the clubs after the first night and every night after that. Took some fun group pictures at dinner and exchanged emails to keep in touch. I couldn't have asked for better dinner mates if I tried.

Our first cruise in 2013 Los Angeles to Vancouver (repo trip) we were seated with our good friends and their son along with another couple we "met" online prior to the cruise (adults all gay) and had a great time and was treated by the servers and staff amazingly. On our 2015 5 night Western Caribbean trip we again went with our good friends and their son, along with 2 other families and had the best time, the kids were so much fun and the adults were friendly, so much so we did Cozumel beach trip with them! DCL does try to accommodate their guests, but I'm sure that sometimes the communication can cause some hiccups. Sad to hear about the OP's experience, my one suggestion to people planning a cruise is to find social media groups for your upcoming cruise and try to make connections with people there that might let you feel more comfortable and let you link your reservations for the MDR every evening so you can enjoy your entire cruise even during meal times.

Our family of five was seated with a family of three - their oldest was the same age as my oldest. Arrived 20 minutes late every night, ordered just about everything on the menu and then complain about how Disney wastes food. Last night we wanted a calmer dinner so we put our youngest in the nursery and our oldest wanted to go to the kids club. So we get to dinner on time, sit on our side of the table (only three of us, my mom is on one side on the end, me and DH on the other) and order. They show up late again and their kid sits RIGHT NEXT TO MY MOM at a rectangle table for 8. Where to mom and dad sit? AT THE OTHER END OF THE TABLE. There are two chairs between child and dad. Did he say anything to his kid to move? NO.

Tablemates are hit and miss. Our honeymoon we were at a table of 8, all couples and all ages and had a blast. This one...eh. Not sure what I'm going to do for our next one now.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter