Australian prices and itineraries are up

Well it’s not like Disney food is much better than that anyway!!
But they do serve some quick service food like this up on the decks but in the restaurants it’s a bit different
Hopefully they will have some regional offerings along with the standard meals thru serve on most sailings
Disney chicken tenders are the best! Ha!

I totally get that the restaurants serve actual nice meals anyway… I was wondering more about the snack food and children’s meals.

That being said, part of the appeal of Disney food is “American Disney” food like potato and cheese soup or a wedge salad or beignets, rather than Aussie favourites like a wedges with sour cream, or chicken parma & chips.

If I’m going on a Disney cruise, I want to have Disney food, not Aussie food! ☺️

I totally get that the restaurants serve actual nice meals anyway… I was wondering more about the snack food and children’s meals.

That being said, part of the appeal of Disney food is “American Disney” food like potato and cheese soup or a wedge salad or beignets, rather than Aussie favourites like a wedges with sour cream, or chicken parma & chips.

If I’m going on a Disney cruise, I want to have Disney food, not Aussie food! ☺️
Like I said they keep the food on the ships the same for the most part no matter the sailings, but they have a few regional offerings thrown in as well.
So expect to see the food you’d normally get on the wonder here too, but with some Aussie stuff also

No I can't see any New Zealand cruises showing up. Not on the Disney site or others only the Aussie ones

I have a travel agent on it since yesterday. she rung again this morning to keep trying but it is now hours later and no call or email to see how she is getting on.
I was wondering if this means they are currently sold out? Or - probably more likely - it is an IT glitch.

I heard that House of Travel said they had over 12,000 enquiries when the cruises were announced. If they are now “sold out” I bet that will change in a couple of days when people don’t pay the deposit because the quote was more than expected.

Good luck, I hope your agent comes through for you.

The Servers will get to know you and your families food preferences personally. If the Children only eat Tenders... they will bring a side of Tenders to every meal. (Yes, the same servers that Aussie Facebook groups have decided don't deserve tips!)

The Servers will get to know you and your families food preferences personally. If the Children only eat Tenders... they will bring a side of Tenders to every meal. (Yes, the same servers that Aussie Facebook groups have decided don't deserve tips!)
I really hope they reevaluate that opinion when they get on board, and that it is a very small minority who don’t tip.

I really hope they reevaluate that opinion when they get on board, and that it is a very small minority who don’t tip.
When I have paid for my booking there was a line saying gratuities. Isn't that the tip component included?

When I have paid for my booking there was a line saying gratuities. Isn't that the tip component included?
Like the rates, I’d say Australians just don’t know. Tipping isnt a thing here, we just pay the price of things. Our minimum wage is $21/hour, though most awards are higher. But that wouldn’t apply to these workers I assume. We are also effectively a cashless society after Covid.

Personally I stress about tips in America and try my best follow the rules, which frankly I don’t get beyond just tip. I got laughed at horribly in a Costco food line once for asking another customer if I should tip, I mean why not? Here fast food like that would pay less than a barista,( so I still don’t know why they don’t get tips.)

No, you will pay gratuities per person per night charged at the end of your cruise. They will be automatically added. They can be changed at guest services but no one wants to be that person.

Per the website:
Prices exclude optional gratuities for your assigned stateroom host and dining servers. An optional gratuity starting from $58.00 USD per Guest is automatically added to your onboard account on Embarkation Day. You may request to adjust or remove optional gratuities before the end of your cruise.

It will tell you how much your tips will be, I think mine said around $250
You can opt to prepay them so you don't need to worry about it - if you used a TA that gives OBC (on board credit) you can use that to pay for your tips - which is what I do.

Honestly Australians who are going on these cruises need to educate themselves on the ettiquite of tipping - if they are being charged in $US then they should realise they need to tip - and have been told so on the website as well as all over facebook - don't like it - then don't go!

No, you will pay gratuities per person per night charged at the end of your cruise. They will be automatically added. They can be changed at guest services but no one wants to be that person.

Per the website:
Prices exclude optional gratuities for your assigned stateroom host and dining servers. An optional gratuity starting from $58.00 USD per Guest is automatically added to your onboard account on Embarkation Day. You may request to adjust or remove optional gratuities before the end of your cruise.
I actually DID change my tips once, I never saw one of the servers a single time and didn't think they deserved anything, I did give them a tip but not the full amount - I allocated it to another server who was amazing!

It will tell you how much your tips will be, I think mine said around $250
You can opt to prepay them so you don't need to worry about it - if you used a TA that gives OBC (on board credit) you can use that to pay for your tips - which is what I do.

Honestly Australians who are going on these cruises need to educate themselves on the ettiquite of tipping - if they are being charged in $US then they should realise they need to tip - and have been told so on the website as well as all over facebook - don't like it - then don't go!
Ok.
I know about tipping in the US and I like it because I believe you get a better service, but I have never been on a cruise. If you have time can you please outline who when and how much do we need to tip? We are family of 6 with two staterooms.

I do think Disney should have a note explaining this for people though

Thank you alot

Ok.
I know about tipping in the US and I like it because I believe you get a better service, but I have never been on a cruise. If you have time can you please outline who when and how much do we need to tip? We are family of 6 with two staterooms.

I do think Disney should have a note explaining this for people though

Thank you alot
Disney do let you know, when you book it tells you how much your tips will be.
Did you book or did a TA do it for you?

Your TA should explain this and it should be on your booking confirmation.
If you booked before you checkout and pay the deposit the tip amount is listed.

You can always opt to prepay them before sailing instead of having them added to your stateroom bill at the end of the cruise.
It will be calculated for you, so you don’t need to work it out yourself. And you can add extra if you like.

I was wondering if this means they are currently sold out? Or - probably more likely - it is an IT glitch.

I heard that House of Travel said they had over 12,000 enquiries when the cruises were announced. If they are now “sold out” I bet that will change in a couple of days when people don’t pay the deposit because the quote was more than expected.

Good luck, I hope your agent comes through for you.
At the moment, it looks like a significant number of cruises are sold out and the ones that aren't only have very expensive rooms left. One I saw earlier had one room available at $17,000 AUD. I'm not surprised it's this popular.

It will be interesting to see how much availability shows up in a few days when all the holds for quotes expire. I ended up with second seating for dining which I’m really hoping can be moved to main dining.

If I don’t manage to move it, has anyone had experience doing second seating with a toddler? (She will be 2.5 when we cruise). Is it awful? My 8 year old will cope fine with it, I’m sure, but I am pretty concerned about how our toddler will stay up so late. On the bright side, she will enjoy the shows more being earlier and maybe my husband and I take turns skipping dinner and taking her back to the room to sleep.
Keep trying between now and the cruise. Worst case, ask when boarding. We've had past success in changing dining times on board because people also want to swap. Good luck.

What was a little annoying is that one of the options is to set dietary requirements and the options were lactose free, low fat, vegetarian and vegan. My wife is gluten intolerant and that wasn’t there. I’m sure our waiting team will look after us though, once we tell them.
You can email them or call them before your cruise to make sure they'll have options for you onboard.

Disney do let you know, when you book it tells you how much your tips will be.
Did you book or did a TA do it for you?

Your TA should explain this and it should be on your booking confirmation.
If you booked before you checkout and pay the deposit the tip amount is listed.

You can always opt to prepay them before sailing instead of having them added to your stateroom bill at the end of the cruise.
It will be calculated for you, so you don’t need to work it out yourself. And you can add extra if you like.
Yes it did $522.
But in the above messages I gathered that that's not enough, and it's only for restaurant staff and you need to tip other servers as well in addition to this fee?

Yes it did $522.
But in the above messages I gathered that that's not enough, and it's only for restaurant staff and you need to tip other servers as well in addition to this fee?
No, that is the amount you will pay
You do not need to give tips while onboard in person UNLESS you get room service - then you should tip them each time they bring you a tray

If you want to add more at the end of the cruise you can - but the amount you are paying is the minimum you’ll be charged unless you specifically add more

Yes it did $522.
You should be fine. The 'optional' tip is added to your shipboard account and covers your server, assistant server, head server, and room steward. ($14.50/nt/passenger--breaks down as $4.75 stateroom host, $4.75 server, $3.75 assistant server, $1.25 head server) The only other tips you pay would be for the 'mostly' free room service (just a couple $). An 18% gratuity is automatically added for drinks and spa treatments.

Also, your tips cover all the service you get--breakfast, lunch, dinner, Cabanas, pool quick service, etc.

Apologies if I’ve missed but do we think all of the on board charges will be in USD as well?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter