Australian prices and itineraries are up

I would think so as the UK only cruises charged in USD, and those cruises ONLY allowed UK residents to book.
Though, unfortunately, they did have to add VAT to the prices for anything bought on those cruises. Will Australia have a similar rule for cruises that don't go anywhere?

Though, unfortunately, they did have to add VAT to the prices for anything bought on those cruises. Will Australia have a similar rule for cruises that don't go anywhere?
I imagine we will be paying GST, but then shouldn't it be in $AU if we are?
I have no idea on the actual rules.

OK just to make sure I have this clear as I don't want to be that stupid australian who gets it wrong and I've just checked my documentation from DU and I can't see anything listed about tipping. I think when I booked it said something like $75/day for tips (for 2 people I think?)
If I choose to prepay this covers most things bar room service and I don't then have to bring envelopes of cash? (Like I've read people do and give to their servers on the last night). Is this correct? Thanks in advance!

OK just to make sure I have this clear as I don't want to be that stupid australian who gets it wrong and I've just checked my documentation from DU and I can't see anything listed about tipping. I think when I booked it said something like $75/day for tips (for 2 people I think?)
If I choose to prepay this covers most things bar room service and I don't then have to bring envelopes of cash? (Like I've read people do and give to their servers on the last night). Is this correct? Thanks in advance!
It covers the mandatory tips. Room service tips are paid on service delivery.

It doesn’t cover room service
You can tip them in the app
You don’t need cash at all it’s all done on the app and if you wanted to add extra at the end of the cruise they’ll add it to your room bill

It doesn’t cover room service
You can tip them in the app
You don’t need cash at all it’s all done on the app and if you wanted to add extra at the end of the cruise they’ll add it to your room bill
The app doesn't always work for room service. In fact, it never worked for me on my last two cruises. You'll probably want some cash for room service tips. For bars and cafes and the like, there's an 18% tip added automatically and you can optionally add more on the receipt (or in the app, if it works). If you're on a cruise that goes to Hawaii and you plan to have anyone help you with luggage, then you'll want tips for those folks, too.

Envelopes will be provided to you near the end of the cruise. You'll also get a piece of paper that contains names and tips for each member of your team. You can separate that paper into strips, put them into the envelopes, and give them to your team members on the final night or the final morning. You don't have to do this, though. They'll get their tips regardless. If you want to give them extra, then you can add the extra amount at Guest Services or you can put cash into the envelopes with the paper slips.

The app doesn't always work for room service. In fact, it never worked for me on my last two cruises. You'll probably want some cash for room service tips. For bars and cafes and the like, there's an 18% tip added automatically and you can optionally add more on the receipt (or in the app, if it works). If you're on a cruise that goes to Hawaii and you plan to have anyone help you with luggage, then you'll want tips for those folks, too.

Envelopes will be provided to you near the end of the cruise. You'll also get a piece of paper that contains names and tips for each member of your team. You can separate that paper into strips, put them into the envelopes, and give them to your team members on the final night or the final morning. You don't have to do this, though. They'll get their tips regardless. If you want to give them extra, then you can add the extra amount at Guest Services or you can put cash into the envelopes with the paper slips.
Thanks very much, all! :)
One more question- which drinks are included in the cost? I know not alcoholic ones, but are all others (bar Cove Cafe) included? TIA

Thanks very much, all! :)
One more question- which drinks are included in the cost? I know not alcoholic ones, but are all others (bar Cove Cafe) included?
Soft drinks at the Beverage Stations, soft drinks and tea and coffee served at main meals are all included.

All alcohol , speciality coffees and tea, anything in bottles or cans (soft drink, water, energy drinks ect) juices and smoothies, incur an extra charge.

Last edited:
Soft drinks at the Beverage Stations, soft drinks and tea and coffee served at main meals are all included.

All alcohol , speciality coffees and tea, anything in bottles or cans (soft drink, water, every drinks ect) juices and smoothies, incur an extra charge.
Thanks! :)

I'm an American and just booked the February 12 - 16 out of Sydney. Hoping to book the February 16, 2024 Sydney to Hawaii cruise on October 3rd! We figure this is a good way to relax and adjust to the time zone changes!
I so hope the same but we are just Silver/DVC and really want the 15 day Sydney to Honolulu sailing. We will know tomorrow if we got in. How did you fare? Not sure how my boss will like me being gone for 2.5 weeks but we shall see if we even get in.

I so hope the same but we are just Silver/DVC and really want the 15 day Sydney to Honolulu sailing. We will know tomorrow if we got in. How did you fare? Not sure how my boss will like me being gone for 2.5 weeks but we shall see if we even get in.
Booking for the transpacific cruises has been pushed back a week. They don't open for booking until Oct 10th (for Platinum). Silver can book Oct 12th.

Booking for the transpacific cruises has been pushed back a week. They don't open for booking until Oct 10th (for Platinum). Silver can book Oct 12th.
This is good info! I wasn’t aware. I was just trying hard to not bug my DU TA as I know she’s been crazy busy with all the other cruise deadlines. This gives me another payday to come up with the 20% deposit. We actually are hoping to use the placeholder (paid for on our Wish cruise a couple weeks ago) for this cruise.

Do we have any feeling about whether or not this cruise will sell fast? My TA seems to think it will be very popular (and, lol I was giving her our preferences on which side of the ship we prefer to be on). I suppose we should just be happy there are balconies available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter