Antics of the Orange Banded Monkeys: Heartbreaking News June 2017

As an unbiased witness to the above mentioned law breaking and shenanigans, I will agree with NM that she is a law abiding citizen whose activities get embellished, mostly by herself ;), and that Dee is often the instigator of many of the shenanigans. Our time in Epcot was an eye-opening experience, that's for sure.

Sorry for not responding to this sooner, I was out looting in my neighborhood.

I was going to try to defend myself, but then I remembered you were there for the maracas incident.

:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Ok the latest update had everything, tears, laughter, shenanigans, assault and battery (of a picture of a salad)....AWESOME!!!

:grouphug: You monkeys and Teena, are simply a group of the most supportive and sweetest people ever!! Still so sad to think of Bob's passing.

I was harassing a lot of people that morning as I recall. As far as the golf ball trick for Soaring I was careful to try and speak in "code" so the very inquisitive 9 year old hopefully would not catch on to what I was trying to do. The Dad looked rather alarmed at first but after I managed to palm him the golf ball everything I was doing suddenly made sense. I have some idiot in my neighborhood who likes to hit golf balls on my lawn and they are always getting lost in my flower gardens so I have a surplus of golf balls. Many times I have been told that I have a lot of balls and I never disagree, I just never get specific about exactly what kind I have.
~NM

I really liked that you shared the golf ball and some magic with that family.

I'd also like to state that I was coerced into any and all shenanigans written about in these reports and elsewhere on the internet (See the great Pretzel roll heist of August 2014). I am an upstanding fine (young) woman who always behaves properly. Please know that these trip reports are carefully crafted to make me out as a hooligan and a law breaker. It's simply not true.

Oops. I forgot about this picture. Well... let me see how I can explain away this one. You see it is actually perfectly "Legal" to fill your own container using a paper cup. If you ask 57,133 cast members eventually you will find a poorly trained one who is on the verge of being fired and says "What the hell do I care! lady, you could fill a swimming pool because as soon as my manager clocks in and gets a hold of me I'm turning in my name tag and I'm headed to Sea World to pick up an application".

Actually you really can fill up your own container. They just don't publize it. The paper cups are provided because must people would not bring in a container and they would probably resort to sticking their heads under the spigot to load up on Vegi-beeta-Goat-Cheese or what ever the heck Dee is obsessed with now. I'm sure after working a shift or two at WDW most CM's have seen it all, so the sight of good ol' Ninja Mom filling her bottle in a sanitary fashion by using a paper cup is not even going to make the list of "Gross things I saw a guest do today".

But honestly, it's all you care to drink at Club Cool so load up!

~NM

Yup, we're buying all this!

I think we need to hear Ninja Mom's side of things about why that SE photo got censored. I'm guessing it's very different from yours. :)

The reason that Dee's photo did not show up on Space ship earth is that SECURITY was after her for attacking the Sunshine Seasons menu with a plastic knife in protest of the deletion of that Goat Beet contraption that she is obsessed with. When she realized that a picture would be taken on SSE she dived over to my side of the car and hid from the camera. I thought either of the 2 women in the car in front of us must have farted and I started to exit the ride vehicle to save myself from a dasterdly gassing, but at the last minute Dee pulled me back in and we continued along on the ride.

I know you people think I make all this stuff up but Look at that picture of Dee stabbing the menu. SEE!!! I am the one telling the truth and I do not embellish my statements to jazz up a trip report.

Most people think of Dee and this law abiding super "Volunteer Mom" but have you seen her party outfit? She goes out at night wearing her flower cap and sunglasses and dragging along her little bags of resort shampoos. Nannette, Rebecca and I went down to the Beach Club Marketplace to get a chocolate croissont and when we came back Dee was gone. After a couple of hours of her not answering her phone we went out to look for her and when we finally got back to the room we found her in bed surrounded by all those liquor bottles and a note that said "We had to drag her back from Jelly Rolls. She would not stop trying to dance on top of the pianos."

Hmph!

~NM

I've been Dark Side for two days with my four kids and just finished a largish glass of Chianti, so all I can think to post is that you did not disappoint, my friend.

I agree! This version of events did not disappoint! I LOL'ed as I read.

:rotfl:

By the way, it was Ninja Mom yelling at the Pirate Cruise kids that gave me the idea to send my grandkids on the Pirate Cruise in October. They needed NM there to give them a little more excitement, though. ;)

Sounds like not a ringing endorsement of the Pirate Cruise. :(

pirate:

Ok the latest update had everything, tears, laughter, shenanigans, assault and battery (of a picture of a salad)....AWESOME!!!

:grouphug: You monkeys and Teena, are simply a group of the most supportive and sweetest people ever!! Still so sad to think of Bob's passing.

I like your summary of the last chapter. Especially the description of the assault and battery.

It was a sad day. It helped that we were all together.

::yes::

Mono* in Mexico

*According to Google Translator, mono is monkey in Spanish

I believe that as our group progressed towards Mexico, we lost a couple of monkeys to the gift shop along the way (Rebecca and Nannette). The rest of us took a slow boat to Mexico.

Do ducks and monkeys get along?

DSCF9338.jpg

DSCF9341.jpg

DSCF9343.jpg

After our ride, we regrouped and took some photos in the Mexican courtyard.

WP_20150831_012.jpg

WP_20150831_009.jpg

WP_20150831_010.jpg

I love the ambiance of this restaurant! Such a great setting for a meal. Mark and I used to eat there every trip before our visits to Disney with the kids. We haven’t been in a number of years and now La Hacienda is our dining darling, so I will just enjoy the views from afar.

WP_20150831_013.jpg

WP_20150831_014.jpg

What is that hanging on the railing???

WP_20150831_015.jpg

We went outside to the gift shop across the way, where the antics continued:

WP_20150831_017.jpg

WP_20150831_018.jpg

So then I got into the act

WP_20150831_019.jpg

As I strategically held up the maracas and this picture was being taken, I believe I asked “I wonder if this will get censored on the DIS?”

A dad was walking by pushing a stroller, looked over at me and said “Nice!” in a disgusted reproachful voice.

Invoking this reaction

WP_20150831_020.jpg

What do you expect from a troop of monkeys?

Next Up: More of the World

Last edited:

I've never eaten at La Hacienda but it does have a nice atmosphere.

The fun never stops with you guys! I love the sombreros in Mexico especially the really big ones. I've got to guess people who buy those have to ship them home because they aren't fitting in a suitcase.

Sounds like not a ringing endorsement of the Pirate Cruise. :(

pirate:
Oh, no. The kids had a great time on the Pirate Cruise. I just thought they should have had some crazy person yelling at them. ;)

I love the ambiance of this restaurant! Such a great setting for a meal. Mark and I used to eat there every trip before our visits to Disney with the kids.
This has become one of my favorite places for lunch.

What is that hanging on the railing???
She looks good there. ;)

A dad was walking by pushing a stroller, looked over at me and said “Nice!” in a disgusted reproachful voice.

Invoking this reaction
We had left you by then. I see we missed some good antics. :)

LOL! Fun! Fun! Fun!

What else would you do with maracas??

Right!?!

Although I guess you could make mouse ears...

IMG_3213.jpg
[/URL]

From our family stay at All Star Music in 2008. I honestly don't think this picture was posed.

:goodvibes:

I've never eaten at La Hacienda but it does have a nice atmosphere.

The fun never stops with you guys! I love the sombreros in Mexico especially the really big ones. I've got to guess people who buy those have to ship them home because they aren't fitting in a suitcase.

There's two sit-down Mexican restaurants now. San Angel is the one with the pyramid alongside the duck ride. We used to eat there all the time when it was just Mark and me, or once when we took my parents. We haven't brought the kids there.

On our July 2013 trip (the last family trip to Disney) we ate at the newer La Hacienda. WOW!!! The food just blew us away. I'm pretty sure this is the main reason my husband wants to go back to Disney.

Lots of hijinks!

We went on a family reunion cruise (Aunt Jeanne paid for 39 family members- we love Aunt Jeanne). My nephew bought one of those big hats in Cozumel. He wore it at the airport. Not sure what he did with it on the plane.

:laughing:

Oh, no. The kids had a great time on the Pirate Cruise. I just thought they should have had some crazy person yelling at them. ;)

This has become one of my favorite places for lunch.

She looks good there. ;)

We had left you by then. I see we missed some good antics. :)

Glad to hear they had fun and I just misinterpreted your comment. Everything is better with ~Ninjamom!

San Angel is certainly a nice respite in a hot crowded theme park. The atmosphere is amazing.

I like that picture. I didn't notice her leg. I should have told her to scoot it behind the pilar. I see you made a bit of a cameo in the picture.

You weren't there? I thought that was what drove you away. "Oh, it's been fun, but we really have to get to the pool" Uh-huh!

We must have just parted ways.

:teleport:
:cool1:Loving both you and your maracas Lol:rotfl2:

Or, loving you and both your maracas.

Thanks!!!

:lmao:

Nice maracas ;) Viva Mexico!!!!!!!

I don't hear that much, so, thanks!

::yes:: ::yes::

Curse of the Orange Pearl and Double-Dog-Dare-Ya!

After leaving Mexico (or getting kicked out. Tomato-Tomahto), we left to find a few more countries to terrorize- I mean visit.

We passed by the African outpost. One of our monkeys mentioned that the beads in these necklaces are made out of outdated park maps. Cool!

DSCF9346.jpg

We passed by Germany, but didn’t really stop.

WP_20150831_021.jpg

Ditto Italy.

WP_20150831_023.jpg

I never get tired of views of the golf ball!

WP_20150831_024.jpg

USA

WP_20150831_025.jpg

Our missions however, were here

WP_20150831_027.jpg

Curse of the Orange Pearl

On every visit to EPCOT, ~Ninja stops at Japan to Pick-a-Pearl to add to her collection which will eventually be strung together as a gift to a future daughter-in-law, if I remember the story correctly.

AWWWW!!!!

I documented the process.

WP_20150831_029.jpg

WP_20150831_030.jpg

WP_20150831_044.jpg

Make sure you look for an ugly one!

WP_20150831_035.jpg

WP_20150831_036.jpg

WP_20150831_040.jpg

WP_20150831_039.jpg

WP_20150831_041.jpg

WP_20150831_042.jpg

WP_20150831_043.jpg

I Double-Dog Dare You!

Before the trip, I came up with a fun thought. Like Dr. Seuss says in How the Grinch Stole Christmas…

Abu got an idea

An awful idea!

Abu got a wonderful, awful idea!

You know all of the exotic foods for sale in Japan?

I challenged my monkeys to each pick out something from the wall, I would pay for it, and we would each try one piece.

WP_20150831_046.jpg

WP_20150831_050.jpg

crabs.jpg

How did the challenge go?

Yeah, we didn’t go through with it!

One of our monkeys legitimately had an upset stomach that day and it wouldn’t have been fun to torture her.

For the record, we did try the lychee hard candies and the mango gummy candies.

Both were good.

Rebecca, from the fine state of Maryland, was the one who chose the freeze-dried and sweetened crab. Before I left the next morning, I bagged up a few so she could take some home to try. I packed everything else to try at home, since this was my bright idea!

I did try the crab when I got home.

They were NASTY!!!

The cats were going nuts because they could smell it in the trash.

I gave Rebecca the heads up to throw away the crabs I gave her.

I still have the unopened package of tiny fish.

Any takers?

We passed by Morocco as we headed towards France

DSCF9350.jpg

DSCF9347.jpg

DSCF9348.jpg

The one thing I really wanted to do in EPCOT this day was the Impressions de France movie. It had been more than 7 years since I had watched this, and I figured this would be a good opportunity.

Even after so much time had passed, I still remembered the stirring music and awe-inspiring video from the show. The memories came flooding back, especially the Mont Saint-Michel scene.

After the movie, it was monkey mealtime. Ninja and Nannette stayed to grab something in France. Rebecca and I doubled back to the Tangierine Café in Morocco

Mmmmm! I love this vegetarian platter!

DSCF9351.jpg

Rebecca found a couple of items on the menu that were gluten-free.

After lunch, we met back up in the room and figured out our plans for the rest of the afternoon, before our plans with other friends that evening.

Next up: Solo Swim and Shhhh… my first visit here :ssst:

Last edited:
I have never done pick a pearl let alone stop in that shop. I do usually stop in Italy, Germany and America though.

I feel like there is a lot of things I have to do in World Showcase including Impressions de France! I finally ate in France this last trip but have never seen the film.

I guess I just need another trip! ;)

On every visit to EPCOT, ~Ninja stops at Japan to Pick-a-Pearl to add to her collection which will eventually be strung together as a gift to a future daughter-in-law, if I remember the story correctly.

We have over 30 of those pearls! I have decided that the daughter in law who gives birth to the first girl grand child will get the necklace. Then she can pass on the necklace to my Grand Daughter. Can you imagine owning a Pearl necklace that your Daddy had been collecting the pearls for since he was a little boy?
Totally cool!

Here is my oldest son picking out the first pearl!

DSCN0091.JPG

~NM

I like that picture. I didn't notice her leg. I should have told her to scoot it behind the pilar. I see you made a bit of a cameo in the picture.

You weren't there? I thought that was what drove you away. "Oh, it's been fun, but we really have to get to the pool" Uh-huh!

We must have just parted ways.
I see myself in the corner, now that you point it out. I think we decided to go back to the resort after we got outside the Mexican pavilion and felt that lovely almost 100% humidity from the hurricane that never happened. ;) I'm sorry I missed the pick a pearl. I've never watched it before.

Rebecca, from the fine state of Maryland, was the one who chose the freeze-dried and sweetened crab. Before I left the next morning, I bagged up a few so she could take some home to try. I packed everything else to try at home, since this was my bright idea!

I did try the crab when I got home.

It was NASTY!!!

The cats were going nuts because they could smell it in the trash.

I gave Rebecca the heads up to throw away the crabs I gave her.

I still have the unopened package of tiny fish.

Any takers?
Mango gummies for the win. The crab and fish sound disgusting.

The one thing I really wanted to do in EPCOT this day was the Impressions de France movie. It had been more than 7 years since I had watched this, and I figured this would be a good opportunity.
I haven't seen Impression de France in a long time, either. DH won't cooperate.
Can you imagine owning a Pearl necklace that your Daddy had been collecting the pearls for since he was a little boy?
Totally cool!
That would be cool. :)

Solo at SAB and Shhhh… my first visit here

After our time in EPCOT, we returned to our room, but I did not stay for long. I don’t do well just sitting around and I was particularly restless after everything that had happened that day. I decided I would spend some time at the pool for a swim and some pictures.

First thing I did was look around for empty loungers and chairs. Those are my tan sandals under the chair with the towels and shirt.

DSCF9362.jpg

DSCF9363.jpg

Lounge Lizard:

DSCF9359%20-%20Copy.jpg

DSCF9365.jpg

DSCF9366.jpg

DSCF9368.jpg

DSCF9369.jpg

DSCF9370.jpg

DSCF9372.jpg

I took a picture of the sign with the pool rules and hours

DSCF9367.jpg

Wow! The capacity for SAB is 1,200 bathers!

We often get questions on the Beach & Yacht Club FAQ thread about getting to the Jib Slide entrance from Stormalong Bay because it is across the path in front of the resort.

I took a series of pictures from the SAB pathway (my back is up against the towel bin) to the place where you get to the slide stairs:

DSCF9373.jpg

DSCF9374.jpg

DSCF9375.jpg

I left Stormalong Bay, but I wasn’t quite ready to go back to the room. I wanted to visit a place at the resort I had never been before… and I was already dressed for the occasion.

Continued in Next Post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!