alamo on line check in question

mackay_j

DIS Veteran
Hi can someone clear this up for me - we have just checked in online with Alamo but after check in on line the at the bottom of the on line confirmation (has ref number and bar-code on it) it says please proceed to the alamo counter to obtain rental agreement and keys - so we are confused!! Do we need to do this or can we go straight to garage to collect the car (as we assumed the on line check in would do).

Thanks

After online check in you need to do skip the counter which is an additional step where you enter your CC details
You then get another bar code with a bypass ticket

Some have been succesful going to the garage with only the online check in barcode, some have been sent back to the counter when they got to the exit gate in their car ...

I would suggest doing the skip the counter ( do online check in again and there should be a link for skip the counter)
If you can't find that link (third party booking for example) do online check in again, and when you've completed it, leave the page open, open another tab and go to that page.
https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-rental/checkin/bypass.html
While the online check in page is still open. If you don't follow those steps the bypass page will revert back to the alamo home page
Your info should be on the bypass page, complete the process and print your bypass ticket

Their own criteria state you cannot book via a 3rd party and use "Skip the counter" list below of other requirements. But I have done it 2 or 3 times without a problem, just ignored the wording and gone straight out to the garage (after doing online check in & save time)

"Skip the Counter" Requirements
In order for a reservation to be eligible for "Skip the Counter," it must meet these requirements:

• Reservation must be at a rental location that offers “Skip the Counter” Check a location for eligibility.

• Reservation must not exceed 30 days.

• Reservation must made at least 24 hours in advance.

• Reservation cannot include certain add-ons that need to be added to vehicle (i.e. mobility devices, etc.).

• Reservation cannot be prepaid or direct billed to a 3rd party (i.e. Voucher, Business Account, etc.).

• Renter must use a major credit card to secure rental (debit cards do not qualify).

Thanks for that we used the link chmurf and it seems to have worked- hopefully we should now be good to go:thanks::thanks:

Hi

You could always give them a call and check before arriving .. just in case :-)

Regards

Paul

Thanks for that we used the link chmurf and it seems to have worked- hopefully we should now be good to go:thanks::thanks:

Let's make sure you're all set.

for reservations direct with alamo when you check in online you get that kind of confirmation, including a link to skip the counter (if you don't, use the workaround = leave that page open and , in another tab, use the link provided above, and do skip the counter)

LUHBx1.jpg

when Skip the Counter is complete, (you need to enter credit card details) you are requested to print a rental agreement
you also need to confirm your options (2 insurance options are ticked, CDW and Extended Protection, those are the mandatory insurances and are already included in the price you paid. Leave them checked)
If you didn't, just go to alamo's homepage (US site) and online check in. Note that at that point you can no longer amend your OLCI (update flights or options for example)
Once you enter your first/last name and reservation number, you're shown a box like this one

6ThE1g.jpg

You can print now or later.
If you want to print later, just enter your name and reservation number in the online check in box, and you'll get to that screen above.

If you choose to print, you'll get a rental agreement that looks like this (only top part shown)

jFFedB.jpg

you should also have received a confirmation email with another bypass the counter ticket, and this looks like this

wmRTzV.jpg

Print those documents (rental agreement from OLCI, and email as backup) and proceed directly to the garage.
show the bypass ticket to any attendant and they'll direct you to the row for the category you've booked
enter the car, drive to exit, show the rental agreement (black and white above) to the attendant at the gate, as well as your drivers license AND the credit card that was used to do Skip The Counter (both in the name of the lead driver)
the attendant at the gate will print a new rental agreement, showing estimated charges for your rental (charges you haven't paid yet, such as fuel for example)
and you're on your way.

some options such as satnav will still require you to go to the counter to pick it up, unless they have them available at the booth inside the garage, but I'm not aware that they are.

Just printing the savetime/olci (same process now) might be enough to go directly to the garage. As previously said, some have been successful, some have been turned away. At the end of the day it depends on the mood of the attendant on that day. But since there is a way to do it by the book, let's do it :p

Yip thats what we have we used your trick to open a new tab - thanks again. I am sure this will help others who got stuck in the same loop I did- Going for 15 years and still learning lol

Hi

Old thread I know

This workaround worked last month

Not working now or is it me?

Regards

Paul

I couldn't get it to work, still gonna have to go to the Kiosk.

I didn't even try last month, just went straight to the desk. Thankfully no line, 5 mins and we were on our way to the car.
Guy in the garage directed us the small SUV's, told us if we didn't like any look on the opposite line for a free upgrade. As there were only 2 of us we stuck to the size we booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter