A Princess Birthday Surprise at POR w/ Royal Room Included...TRex for Lunch

This is another one I haven't tried, looks tasty.

I'm shocked how popular the pins are, specifically because some of them are so expensive. Glad you guys can enjoy it together :)

Yippee, more updates!! We have never tried Tonys! That cannoli looks good! So does the rolls. Matter of fact we never ate any TS at MK. The lure of Kona, Ohana, and GF dining has been too great :rotfl: but we are trying Plaza this trip. Something new! :laughing:

Really?! No TS at the MK? :faint: Not even CRT? :laughing: You're right, though....lots of other options that are super close. And we've never eaten at the Plaza ;) You'll have to give me details and let me know your thoughts.

I missed the start of so many great reports when my computer died!! I'm all caught up now.

Computer issues are no fun at all. We're lost without them! :laughing: Thought mine was on its last leg, but fortunately Bill got the thing running again.

I always enjoy your reports and I agree that you can never have too many pictures :)

Thanks! And what's too many, right??! :laughing:

Your review of BOG is almost identical to my own - we loved it there, but the food really didn't impress us. When we ate at Tony's on our honeymoon, we sat in the sunroom, and it was really cute and private since nobody else was in there, but the sun was in our eyes quite a bit as well. Looking forward to reading more!

We'll continue to go back simply because we like TS restaurants, and we're not crazy about Liberty Tree, buffets aren't our favorite (so that eliminates Crystal Palace) and CRT is a little pricey for every trip....I'm a bit picky, huh?! :laughing:

This looks delicious and definitely big enough to share. I love Cannelloni but haven't had it in years. It doesn't seem to be a popular entree here in the Chicago area. We might need to add Tony's to our huge list of restaurants to try some day. :goodvibes

ETA: I just made lunch reservations for our last day in WDW so I can have cannelloni before heading to the airport. Thanks for including it in your trip report. :)

:thumbsup2 No kidding! Hope y'all enjoy it. We've always had great luck with the service. And definitely save room for a dessert ;) Creme Brulee being my favorite - I could eat my weight in that stuff ::yes::

This is another one I haven't tried, looks tasty.

Since you have years of DVC to look forward to, I'm sure you'll get there one day ;)

I'm shocked how popular the pins are, specifically because some of them are so expensive. Glad you guys can enjoy it together :)

You're right! Some are super expensive. Bet you can guess that Jesse doesn't get those :laughing: We usually don't buy ones that are really pricey....maybe for Christmas or birthdays. We usually get the really cheap ones that we can trade with CMs.

Oh I know what you are saying about the pins! There are so many of them it makes my head spin. I was reading up on it before our last trip because I knew April would want to start trading. I was a bit worried she would end up trading for scrappers so I got her pins on sale when the Disney Store did their "Twice Upon a Year" sale and was like "Well if she trades for a scrapper at least I didn't pay full price for the pins"! Plus my friend Christina had just been to WDW the week before and her son Jackson ended up giving April some pins for her birthday so it worked out.

I have never eaten at Tony's. Not for lack of wanting to either. I keep trying to sneak a ressie in but my daughter has been on a no red sauce kick since forever. She even orders her pizza with no sauce when we go out. Hopefully within the next few years she won't be so picky and her tastes will change a little! :snooty:

we have to go to Tony's, Josie is a pasta girl, so that would make her happy. The brulee sounds interesting, must be good if you ordered three of them!

Saw rain in your forecast again today, hope it lets up. I hate to admit, I need a break from the sun!:wave2:

Day 2
Magic Kingdom Night

Here I go again with random MK pictures ;) And let me say this – we usually take a break during the day when at WDW. I can name one whole time that we’ve been Park Commandos…seriously. Since MK was our only park for this very mini trip, we had to do it!!! Full force – no stopping!

Needless to say, we were not going to miss the Electric Light Parade or Wishes! Never!!!

We wandered down Main Street looking for that perfect spot – couldn’t find one. So we wandered some more.

And finally we decided to perch ourselves on the second circle in front of the castle. This was a new spot for us, so it made me a little nervous – not good with change :confused3

Did I mention how crowded it was all of a sudden??!! Where were these people coming from?? :scared1: And if you’re wondering what in the world I’m staring at – well – this very large tour group ( no names mentioned :rolleyes1) was trying to finagle their way into very small open spots. A gentleman finally spoke up and said “Forget it! Try another area!!” I liked this guy already! My hero! :worship: He was dead serious, too.

Then, here they are again asking a CM if they could stand on the edge of the street…basically in front of us. :sad2:Really??? The answer would be NO.

Finally the parade starts! How I love this thing!!!! Wouldn’t miss it for the world!!!!

The looks on my children’s faces was priceless. Even though they were tired, they came to life again when the characters started waving. Makes me want to cry just thinking about it. Jesse still believes the characters are looking directly at him and only him….his little arm was a continuous wave throughout the parade :lovestruc

Since Wishes was going to be right after this, we stayed put. Now – I will tell ya – our location for Wishes was not the best because we were so close up on the Castle. It kind of hid some of the fireworks. Nevertheless, I still shed a few tears when it started ;)

After Wishes, Stephen and Faith wanted to head back over to the New Fantasyland and look in some gift shop for pins. Jesse wanted no part of this, so I rode Dumbo with him.

Not once, not twice… but three times in a row! There were no lines whatsoever. Why he thinks this is an exciting ride is beyond me, but whatever it takes to make him smile! While we were exiting, he spotted Bill, Faith and Stephen on the other Dumbo and had to ride again!

After 5 rides on this, it was time to go! Actually the park was getting ready to close. On the way out, Stephen was on his Hidden Mickey search again, and discovered a few new ones for our family.

Then I saw this…basically it was screaming my name! Had to have it! :hyper:

So…after a 15 hour park day, my crew was ready to head back to the resort. They were all troopers and did very little complaining during the day:thumbsup2

Up next…more early morning pics with a Mini POR Review!

A 15 hour park day?!? :worship: But ya gotta do what ya gotta do to get your fix on a short trip. :) Not sure how we're going to do things next weekend. I think the summer heat and crowds will probably force an afternoon break but the good news is, we know we'll be back!

Would you believe I have not seen the Electric Light Parade since it's been back? Must fix this!!

Super cool the kids are all into pin trading. It looks really fun (and addictive!)

I have not been to Tony's since I was little and they used to serve breakfast and the porch was not enclosed. In other words... a very long time ago! I love Lady and the Tramp so might have to try it!

Oh, those tour groups. :rolleyes2

Love the MK updates! I had no idea Tony's had more than one dinning room. We tried Tony's for the first time March '12 but opted for BOG last November. I have BOG booked for this November and Tony's for lunch on our last day now after reading your review. I am holding onto my ADR for the Plaza as we have never eaten there yet gonna ask Bob where he wants to eat before I drop either.

now I have to go make some rice krispy treats that looks so good, no doubt, my favorite treat. I had one on our June trip with mini reese's pieces all over it - unbelievable!

Oh I know what you are saying about the pins! There are so many of them it makes my head spin. I was reading up on it before our last trip because I knew April would want to start trading. I was a bit worried she would end up trading for scrappers so I got her pins on sale when the Disney Store did their "Twice Upon a Year" sale and was like "Well if she trades for a scrapper at least I didn't pay full price for the pins"! Plus my friend Christina had just been to WDW the week before and her son Jackson ended up giving April some pins for her birthday so it worked out.

It can be sooooo complicated, can't it??!! :upsidedow We always buy a resort pin for each child but that one usually goes in their pin book. My dad also purchased the screw on backs for the pins that the kids want to keep on their lanyards but don't want to trade. The sets are fun to try and find/complete. Ebay always has tons on sale, but I'm always skeptical to purchase them because so many sites say they can be fake. I'm not really sure how to tell the difference :confused3

I have never eaten at Tony's. Not for lack of wanting to either. I keep trying to sneak a ressie in but my daughter has been on a no red sauce kick since forever. She even orders her pizza with no sauce when we go out. Hopefully within the next few years she won't be so picky and her tastes will change a little! :snooty:

I'm not a huge red sauce fan either....I like it, but don't love it. At Tony's, I have ordered the pasta with only the Alfredo sauce, and it was good. All 3 of my kids have different taste buds...Faith being the pickiest.

we have to go to Tony's, Josie is a pasta girl, so that would make her happy. The brulee sounds interesting, must be good if you ordered three of them!

Come on, now...you know how much I love brulee! :laughing: If a restaurant has it, it WILL be ordered!

Saw rain in your forecast again today, hope it lets up. I hate to admit, I need a break from the sun!:wave2:

This rain is crazy! The river is up 18.5 feet!! Hopefully it will start to fall. The kids are missing their pool time - and so am I ;) Yesterday we took the kids to Fort Pulaski...in the rain!:rolleyes:

A 15 hour park day?!? :worship: But ya gotta do what ya gotta do to get your fix on a short trip. :)

Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it?!! :laughing:

Not sure how we're going to do things next weekend. I think the summer heat and crowds will probably force an afternoon break but the good news is, we know we'll be back!

Y'all leave next weekend??!! Yep, it will be hot but who cares...there's a resort and a pool :thumbsup2 And fortunately many of the attractions are indoors where it's cool.

Would you believe I have not seen the Electric Light Parade since it's been back? Must fix this!!

Christine!!! Fix this problem! :laughing:

I have not been to Tony's since I was little and they used to serve breakfast and the porch was not enclosed. In other words... a very long time ago! I love Lady and the Tramp so might have to try it!

Oh, those tour groups. :rolleyes2

I had no idea they use to serve breakfast??? Interesting. Probably couldn't compete with CRT and CP.

I absolutely hate when people try to squeeze in front of you at the parades! Glad they were rebuffed. I keep forgetting to do the second parade instead, there's a lot less people.

Oh me oh my! I want one of those rice crispy treats popcorn:: must hunt one down next trip.

Love the MK updates! I had no idea Tony's had more than one dinning room. We tried Tony's for the first time March '12 but opted for BOG last November. I have BOG booked for this November and Tony's for lunch on our last day now after reading your review. I am holding onto my ADR for the Plaza as we have never eaten there yet gonna ask Bob where he wants to eat before I drop either.

We haven't done the Plaza, either. And when Sue mentioned it, I literally had to go the the Disney website to see where it was located :laughing: I couldn't get a visual in my head. And yep...better ask Bob ;)

now I have to go make some rice krispy treats that looks so good, no doubt, my favorite treat. I had one on our June trip with mini reese's pieces all over it - unbelievable!

Think I'm gonna make your Choc. Chip Cookies today :thumbsup2....since it's raining...AGAIN!

Great TR! Loving the pictures and reviews!!!:goodvibes

Hi there :wave2: Thanks! :goodvibes

I absolutely hate when people try to squeeze in front of you at the parades! Glad they were rebuffed. I keep forgetting to do the second parade instead, there's a lot less people.

Extremely irritating! Get there early like the rest of us ;)

Great pic of MK. I can smell Main Street! I'll have to try to catch the Electric Parade during our first part of our trip while we are staying in the MK area. Have they changed it?

I love brûlée too, that and Key Lime pie. That pie is a must for us when we go to Florida. I was devastated in January that the Ft Lauderdale Ale House took it off the menu :sad:

I had no idea they use to serve breakfast??? Interesting. Probably couldn't compete with CRT and CP.

This was WAY back in the day... circa 1980's. But I have great memories of sitting out there on the porch and then flying out of my chair and off the porch anytime there was a character sighting in the square. This was in the day of the random appearances and no orderly queue lines for meet and greets. Then it was back to the table to finish my breakfast. :)

Stumbled into your TR to check out the pictures of the Royal Rooms. Enjoyed reading all about your adventures. Can't wait to read more!

What a great end to your MK day. I always get all teared up watching the parade and fireworks (and really, many things at Disney lol). We used to go Commando style when I was younger, but now that we've been there a bunch of times - and know that we will be going back - we are much more relaxed and I think that it makes for a better vacation for us.

Great pic of MK. I can smell Main Street! I'll have to try to catch the Electric Parade during our first part of our trip while we are staying in the MK area. Have they changed it?

Don't think they changed anything, but I can't be sure.

I love brûlée too, that and Key Lime pie. That pie is a must for us when we go to Florida. I was devastated in January that the Ft Lauderdale Ale House took it off the menu :sad:

Key Lime is one of my favorites, too! But the brulee has a slight edge ;)

This was WAY back in the day... circa 1980's. But I have great memories of sitting out there on the porch and then flying out of my chair and off the porch anytime there was a character sighting in the square. This was in the day of the random appearances and no orderly queue lines for meet and greets. Then it was back to the table to finish my breakfast. :)

How nice was that??!! Miss those days. My kids will never know that kind of magic :(

Stumbled into your TR to check out the pictures of the Royal Rooms. Enjoyed reading all about your adventures. Can't wait to read more!

Thank! and hi there :wave2: Glad you stumbled in ;)

What a great end to your MK day. I always get all teared up watching the parade and fireworks (and really, many things at Disney lol). We used to go Commando style when I was younger, but now that we've been there a bunch of times - and know that we will be going back - we are much more relaxed and I think that it makes for a better vacation for us.

Usually, we're a bit more relaxed, too....not crazy commandos :crazy: Bill even made the comment that it was too quick. We definitely prefer the opposite approach. Our next trip will be much more laid back....I hope :laughing:

Day 3
Early Morning Pics at POR

If you’ve read my previous TRs, then you’re aware of my very early morning strolls around the resorts. If you are new to our adventures, then I’ll briefly fill you in. Early morning walks are my very favorite time at WDW hands down ::yes:: It’s not uncommon for me to rise at 5:45am before the family, get ready, grab my camera, and head out the door. Crazy as it may sound, it’s actually very relaxing and peaceful. Being able to see the resorts and parks with very few people bustling around gives you a different perspective. And just to give you an example of how early I like to be :rolleyes1…

Yep…we were the #2 car in the parking lot at Epcot! No lie! This was several years ago – had an 8am ressie for breakfast, so we arrived around 7:20ish. Awesome view and pics inside EP without the crowds! So, even if you’re not a morning person, you must experience the resorts and parks minus people just once :thumbsup2

Ok…enough background information! On to the good stuff – pictures!

I was actually up before the sunrise – wanted to be ready for it so I could get that perfect shot.

Even though the weather was going to be beautiful, it was a super foggy morning! So – my early morning pics weren't quite what I had in mind :sad2: But, I still enjoyed my time alone.

As I mentioned in previous posts, our building location was perfect and very convenient to the main building. It was an easy stroll across the bridge.

Made my way over to the pool area to see if it would be something the kids would enjoy for future trips. And it was! (There will be more pool pictures in the POR Review)

On my way over to Alligator Bayou – or at least I think that’s where I was headed :confused3…(we have been known to get lost at POR)

I will say this – some of the buildings appeared to be REALLY far away from the main building. Because I lack POR experience, I’m not sure of their names or which ones to recommend or not recommend.

As always, Disney has done a remarkable job with the landscaping!

My early morning stroll wasn’t as relaxed as usual. :upsidedow Since this was such a quick trip, I had to basically explore this entire resort in a very short period of time – like 45 minutes. Next to impossible it was!!! A scooter would have been helpful :moped:

The fog added a very mystical appeal to my early morning stroll, and at first was a bit eerie – especially since there wasn't a soul around.

Time to start heading back to the room and wake up the family! We had a Dis Meet with SueM and her daughter at POFQ for breakfast!:cheer2:

Up next…a mini POR Review!

Beautiful early morning pics! POR is our fav moderate! I think it has the prettiest landscaping of all the wdw resorts with the exception of Poly ::yes::

Beautiful pictures. I'm a morning person but they are so much better at Disney. I love walking around the resort with a cup of coffee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter