A Princess Birthday Surprise at POR w/ Royal Room Included...TRex for Lunch

Hi Everyone! :wave2:

Teachers started back to school on Monday :upsidedow, so you can imagine how crazy things have been! The kids first day is next week. Hard to believe we started back on July 29, but then we get out early, too, in May - so we take the good with the bad.

I'm trying to play catch up with replies, but there's no way I can get to all this morning- sorry :flower3: Will try and get to the rest this afternoon.

WELCOME TO THE DISBOARDS!!!!:banana: How cute, your first post.:cool1: Beware, it's addicting! Have a magical day!:wizard:

Erin:)

She ain't stretching the truth - not a bit ;)

awe, boo hoo, it's over! I remember when you were there and how fast it went even then! The sad picture of the kids is so precious, that's what we look like when we get to the airport, sad! When Josh and I did our trip together we ate at T-Rex in the ice blue room, very cool. I want to eat there next April before the cruise.

The kids truly were sad. Jesse didn't understand why we had to go, and why the trip was so short :upsidedow Well, guess it's time for me to start planning the big trip :thumbsup2 and the places to eat (my favorite part of vacations) TRex probably won't be on our agenda since we've done it back-to-back. Unless of course the kids beg to go, and they might.

RAINY Sunday here in MI, just looking at furniture and disboards, baked cookies, life is good! Of course, NAZ-CAR is on the TV (really Nascar, but I like to call it NAZ-CAR like Roz from Monsters Inc.), it puts me to sleep!

Time for a pre trip report and planning update on the June trip for next year!

Yep! Watched some Nascar at Mellow Mushroom while eating pizza. Then had to go to Home Depot and buy Bill a hedge trimmer so he could whack these crazy shrubs down! With all this rain, they were out of control!!

And let's see - pre-trip report??? ..........NO! :laughing: Wish I had time, but we know that's not the case.

Aw it's over! This one was far too quick lol And 2014 seems so far away. We had to postpone our trip to late 2014 (that is what we are aiming for right now) and even though we did it for good reasons, it still seems like such a long wait to get back!

Sorry to hear about postponing the trip. You're right, our 2014 trips sound like a long time coming, but they will get here quickly. I can hardly believe we're starting another school! Where does time go??!! And look at it this way, we have lots of time to plan the perfect trip :thumbsup2

The lego store in DTD is so cool, I'm always in awe of the creations in there. I'm glad that your family had such a good time playing around.

It is also fun that you got to sit in a different spot at T-Rex this time. The atmosphere in there is so neat, it is nice to experience all of the different parts. I agree with your comments about the food though - it is a fun place for families, but the food didn't really wow us either.

Definitely not a must-do for our family. Let me rephrase that :laughing: - for the adults in our family. The kids love it!

I love the picture of Jesse sleeping on the way home, what a little cutie :)

Bless his heart! He was sooooooo beat! The park commando style really did him in!

Thanks so much for sharing your latest adventure, what a fabulous birthday present :)

As you know ;), it's always fun to do a TR - ya get to kinda relive the experience with fellow Disney fans.

You weren't one of Stitch's unsuspecting victims were you? I think that must be a terrible surprise.

:rotfl: No I wasn't one of his victims, but others were. It was actually quite funny since it wasn't me ;)

:scared1::scared1: no, it's not THAT time already Heather!! Ugh :faint:

1 week till we leave :yay: I will be so happy to get out of this construction zone ::yes:: my basement is all torn up. Husband clearing out a lot of stuff. We've been in this house 30 yrs, and have acculturated a lot of stuff. I can't bear to part with things, so I'm letting him do the necessary evil job, and I don't want to look, or know what he's clearing out. :sad2:
Our contractor says basement will almost be done by the time we return :woohoo:

I've really enjoyed this trip report! I used to work at Port Orleans (in Human Resources) and really enjoyed the trip down memory lane. Also, love your photos!

Thanks for the info on the Royal Rooms at PORS! We are staying in one when we head to WDW in Nov :) There will be 4 adults in the room (my husband and I and my sister and brother-in-law) so it will probably be a bit squishy but still good! I especially appreciated the description of where they are located - so close to the main dining area etc! Thanks :)

Well- here's one more attempt at making replies :upsidedow Last time I wasn't so successful. Thank goodness it's Saturday -gives me a FULL day ;)

AHHHHHHHH HOW DID I MISS THIS????? Boy, I'm not the best Dis-Friend at all!! :sad2: I'm sorry :guilty: But I'm here now!! And I have a looooooot of catching up to do!!

:scratchin Let's see - you were in school, moving, traveling down south via train, going to the World with your boyfriend, then back again with your mom. Perhaps that's how! :laughing:

OMG though, what a wonderful surprise for little Faith! The royal rooms are perfect for a little princess!...And her family too ;)

I'm glad the boys were enjoying themselves as well!

I will continue to catch up because I am SO FAR BEHIND! :rotfl:

It was a great surprise for the whole family (thanks to the hubby). Now if I can just hold out until June - sooooooo many months!!

What a great trip!! Quick trips are always hard because you're always like, wait, there should be more!! You don't have to think about leaving the entire trip if you're there for an extended period of time. It seemed like a wonderful getaway and you managed to do quite a bit! :thumbsup2 I hope Faith enjoyed her princess birthday surprise!!!!! She is so cute! princess:

Stephen completely got the whole "quick trip", but poor Jesse didn't quite understand it. He was asking about Test Track and Soarin' :upsidedow The funniest thing was when Faith wanted to know where the balconies were located at the resort. It took her a minute to figure out that there were no balconies :laughing:

By the way - LOVE your new ticker ;)

Oh Heather that Pic of Stephen and Jesse holding hands just got me!:sad: So sweet, your family. Thanks for sharing with us once again...you rock!:thumbsup2

Thanks Jen:goodvibes I thought that was a sweet picture, too. We don't have too many of those :laughing: Your ticker is looking pretty good!! Not long now - know yall are super excited!!!

Another great TR. So many pictures of POR, which I just love. The boat ride to DTD is great. Enjoy the rest of your summer.:)

Thanks a million!:goodvibes Unfortunately our summer has come to a close - it's that time again - SCHOOL! :upsidedow :laughing: Where did time go??!!!

Oh I hate it's over. I loved all the pictures of POR. This week this resort is in the lead for which one to stay at next trip. Next week it will be something else.

So, which resort is in the lead now?! :laughing: Is POR winning?

I can't stand those pan for gold "money traps". We went to the Smokey Mts one year with my SIL and every time we saw one of those places we had to stop.

Not sure how we avoided the trap, but we did. Trust me though, when I say we had some major begging and pleading going on!

I'll be looking forward to your next trip report. Thanks for sharing this wonderful birthday surprise.

Many, many months from now we'll be back. At least I have extra time to plan,which is part of the fun for me. ;)

Awww - it's over! Love the photo of him zonked in the back seat. He finally lost his hat! :goodvibes

:( I'm sad it's over. But your timing couldn't be better - we leave tomorrow. :cool1: Thanks for the TR - it was so fun to read along!

LOVE LOVE love CRT for breakfast! Is it not a great way to start a MK morning?!! LOVE Jikos, too. We had a really nice experience there. Now, you know you're going to have to do some sort of TR - right?! We have BOG for dinner, Flying Fish and Artist Point on our list of must-dos for our next trip, and I need a full report, please :snooty:

Like I always say, when on vacation you better pay for what you want and be happy. Second best will just not do ;) Those morning walks sound great. That's how I felt about the CR - loved walking to and from the MK!!!
We are actually doing CRT for lunch - our first-day tradition is an early BBB appointment, enjoy some Fantasyland fun, and then have lunch with the princesses. So excited to do all this on Saturday!!!!

I definitely plan to do a TR - will need it to get through the doldrums of Fall and Winter here. I'm actually toying with the idea of a DR too - depending on how our dining experiences go. :thumbsup2

I would love to do CR someday. That would be my next choice. Unfortunately, Willow loves DHS so much and Epcot too really, that those resorts just make the most sense for us. :confused3 Personally, I could spend at least half the vacation at MK, but it's not all up to me. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter