A Princess Birthday Surprise at POR w/ Royal Room Included...TRex for Lunch

hstrickland

Way Down South...
A Birthday Surprise for our Princess:cake:
Port Orleans & the Magic Kingdom

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!
Let the Magic Begin!pixiedust:

Its time for the Stricklands annual Disney Trip Report to commence!
But be warned...its picture heavy...very heavy. I become a crazed fool :crazy: when a camera is put in my hands at WDW!

Before I can proceed with our Disney travels, I must give you some background info. It wouldnt be hospitable of me not to introduce our family of 5.

Disney has been in my blood since I was a child. My first Disney resort was the CR. Needless to say, that resort holds a special place in my heart. Just a quick blast from the past...

Wait for it...

Yes - that would be my sister, me (dark hair) and mom dad was getting the picture. This was way back when - when characters roamed the parks, free of character security and meet-n-greets. (There's more of these blast from the past pictures....stay tuned...)

I'm your hostess with the mostess- Heather -taking you on our mini-birthday getaway. I'm the over- planning, Disney obsessed, wife, mother :laundy:, teacher :teacher:, chauffer :car: ,..and as my sister says, an all-around Disney Geek.

My husband Bill, is the patient, understanding, closet-Disney fan...and yes, he does love Disney, too. He likes to pretend that it's just okay, but don't let him fool ya!

Our children are following right along in my footsteps. They have been brainwashed I mean exposed to Disney for many years....some say they are Disney obsessed???? Obsessed has such a negative connotation - I prefer to say they have a passion for the World.

Stephen is our oldest and loves Star Wars. His favorite resort is a toss-up. Its either the WL or the Poly.

He was introduced to Disney in 2008 and yes, youre wondering why there are only 3 of the 5 in this picture. The other two were 1 and 2 years old at the time and driving their big brother crazy. We decided to take Stephen on a vacation by himself. Not to worry - the other kiddos were enjoying a lake vacation with our dear friends.

And then there's Faith....Daddy's little princess princess:

She loves all things Disney. Her resort of choice - any Deluxe will do, but "the one with the pretty red roof" is her favorite....aka...the Grand Flo!

And last but not least - there's Jesse pirate: . He's definitely the baby of the family....sweet but a bit overactive and at times, tends to wander off ALONE- while at Disney (no worries...we've grown accustomed to his behavior)

In 2009, DH and I enjoyed some kid free time for an anniversary trip at the Grand Floridian.

And then in 2010, it was time to take the ENTIRE family to the Polynesian ....my parents included (which by the way travel with us quite frequently)

Our First Trip Report - Poly CL Deluxe Dining

In 2011

Our 2nd TR - Fort Wilderness & the Contemporary

In 2012, we decided to do a family cruise - my parents and sister's family included. Lots of fun!!!!

Our 3rd TR - Animal Kingdom Lodge & the Disney Dream

And finally - our 2013 mini getaway birthday trip for Faith!

:goodvibesHope you'll join our family for a fast n furious birthday mini-trip report!

Quick Links to Installments

The Royal Room Review Part 1
The Royal Room Review Part 2
Port Orleans Riverside Review Part 1
Port Orleans Riverside Review Part 2

Random Family Fishing Update
Random Lake Pictures

Day 1
Arriving at POR

Day 2
Early Morning Pictures of POR
Magic Kingdom Rope Drop
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Magic Kingdom Morning
Be Our Guest Lunch Review Part 1
Be Our Guest Lunch Review Part 2
Magic Kingdom Afternoon
Tony's Town Square Dinner Review
Magic Kingdom Night

Day 3
Early Morning POR Pictures
Port Orleans French Quarter & DisMeet Part 1
Port Orleans French Quarter & DisMeet Part 2
POR River Cruise
TRex for Lunch Part 1
TRex for Lunch Part 2

Coming out of lurkedom to subscribe. I have enjoyed your previous trip reports, especially the photos!

WOOHOO a new Heather TR :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Can't wait to here all about Faith's (my fellow GF lover) birthday trip princess:

Cute pics! :goodvibes

Thanks! :wave2: Photobucket works wonders for sure:thumbsup2

I loved reading your other trip reports. Glad you've started another.

Howdy once again:wave2: This is going to be a fast n' furious version since the trip was super short. Maybe I'll be finished by the time our big trip rolls around :laughing:

Coming out of lurkedom to subscribe. I have enjoyed your previous trip reports, especially the photos!

Thanks & glad you came out of lurkedom :tiptoe: :rotfl: You sound like my husband. He's forever telling me new things about Disney...."Did you know....?, Have you heard.....?' Guess where he gets his info? THE DISBOARDS!!! He cracks me up! I call him the DisStalker.

I'm in! Looking forward to your TR! :thumbsup2

:welcome: and I'm looking forward to yours! Just noticed your Hawaii TR. I haven't read anything about the resort, yet.

WOOHOO a new Heather TR :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Can't wait to here all about Faith's (my fellow GF lover) birthday trip princess:

Hi there friend! This will be our shortest Disney trip yet! However, fun was had by all :thumbsup2

Great intro :) loving the pictures already! That picture of Faith with Snow White is absolutely precious!!!!

Talk about leaving us hanging :rotfl: love the old pic of you, your sister and MaHopie!! Look how young she is!!

Ok....because Pam made a comment about a pic :rolleyes1, I must share a few more from our past trip :teeth:....sorry....just can't help myself. Those of you who don't know me will soon find out that I'm a little over-the-top, obsessed, fanatical.... with the number of pictures I make.

Faith and Jesse's 1st trip to Disney was super special because my parents also went. The entire vacation was just perfect from the resort to the room location to the food....all of it!!! Stayed at the Poly....TPV CL....awesome! I believe on that trip I went from AKL standard view, to Poly GV, to Poly TPV to Poly CL GV and finally Poly CL TPV....did you catch all of that??? :teeth: In 2010 they offered 40% off room discount, so I grabbed it! Haven't seen that kind of general code since then :rolleyes:

Anyway....

I'm here! Marking my spot, must come back.

:thumbsup2

Great intro :) loving the pictures already! That picture of Faith with Snow White is absolutely precious!!!!

That was her first trip to Disney. When she was getting her make-over at BBB, Bill and I were practically crying because it was so sweet. At 4 years old, she totally believed that everything was real.

The boys and my dad (as some of you know, he loves Disney as much as the kids) did the Pirates League.....it was a really special day for them.

...and to make the day even better, we had lunch at Cinderella Castle! I'm tellin' ya....a perfect day!!!

Subbing! Can't wait to hear about it. :thumbsup2

:goodvibes Glad to have you tag along!

Count me in! :thumbsup2 You had me at 'new TR'!! :rotfl2:

Funny, Jenn :laughing:

Hi Heather! I am in! :)

:wave: Hope you enjoy!

Talk about leaving us hanging :rotfl: love the old pic of you, your sister and MaHopie!! Look how young she is!!

Can you believe this TR finally got moving?!;) It will definitely be finished before the summer is over....remember, it was fast n' furious :thumbsup2 Not one of our 9 or 10 day trips.....more to come I promise.

Subscribing popcorn:::rolleyes1

Oh ye of little patience....all good things come to those who wait :teeth: Tape it to your computer screen!

I love it! Bring 'em on! Never too many pictures :)

My thoughts exactly ;)

Totally signing on- loved your last TR! Dying to take DD alone on a trip to my happy place!

:yay: Glad you're here! Your signature says you're going to Hilton Head Island in a month....very close to our house. Bill and the boys fish over there quite a bit. Great place!!!

:rotfl2::rotfl2: I'm waitin :goodvibes

I tried to ease your impatience with a few more pics on the previous page :confused3 In just a short while installment #2 will be posted :thumbsup2 almost done with it.... no lie :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter