7/31/04 Rollcall

We sailed in August 2002 and had great weather. You could hardly tell the ship was moving. CC was funny because it would rain one minute and be sunny and hot the next but it was nothing to spoil it.

I keep reading the reports people are putting out there and it is really making me anxious.

Patti

My husband has been giving me a bad time lately about spending so much time on the Disney Board. I"M SO ANXIOUS!!! I want to go right now!!!! But, then again I don't want it to be over with. I told him the only way I can survive 129 days is if I read these boards every morning with my coffee and every night before I go to bed. I'm terrible!

The more you read these boards, the better time you have onboard! I have been reading since two summers ago, and my trip last summer was ACTUALLY BETTER THAN THE YEAR BEFORE!!!

What a great story writer he is. I was there right with him... thanks for sharing DisneyBill.

We are narrowing in on the final 100 days folks!!!

Ah the sun, the sea, beaches, swimming, visiting new places, meeting new people, and then the joys of Orlando.

Relaxing with a glass of wine.

I can feel my batteries recharging just thinking about the trip.

Reading your post made me realize how easily corrupted I am.

Just wanted to add us to list of DIS members on this cruise! It'll be us with our DS's 7 and 4.

Anyone doing Capt. Marvin's? If so, what time?

Any other tours? We're thinking about doing the Dune Buggy tour on Coz. but we're not sure if our 4 year old will be up for 7 hour tour.

5by5

We did a cruise ou of Galveston in 2002 - same ports of call as the 7/31 cruise (except no castaway cay). Weather was fine. Very smooth every day but one. Rained once for a short time. Don't know about the Bahamas area, though. Have also been in the British Virgin Islands a great deal in August and never rain problems there (a brief shower from time to time). But the Bahamas seem to get more "Atlantic" weather - does that make the seas rougher?

We did not have a problem in August in the Bahamas for the last two summers with rough seas. However, it did rain for us last summer in CC. I felt the Western sailing was like "bath water" and the Eastern sailing was rougher and more windy when going to and from Florida to St. Maarten and St. Thomas to the Bahamas.

We'd recommend Captain Marvin's in Grand Cayman based on August 2002 experience. It's a short walk from where the tender boats drop you off. Also, on the walk back are a couple of good lunch spots and a good liquor store that will deliver the rum/rum cakes to the ship for re-delivery to the stateroom the last night of the cruise - I thought the prices were pretty good.

I scheduled with Captain Marvin after the DCL excursions were no longer available. It was a really pleasant experience. There are many other tours there at the same time but it is still an amazing experience.

Welcome 5by5,

Glad to see we are picking up a few more here and there.

Is anyone flying in the day before? If so where are you staying?

Patti

I 2nd that welcome to 5by5! As booked as this sailing is becoming, I would think we will have other DIS'ers join the thread.

Our flight arrives Thursday afternoon, and we're staying at SSR those two nights before.
Bill

Another Welcome for 5by5.

We fly in the day before and are staying at the Radisson.

Still haven't decided on which trips, if any we will be doing.

Have definently decided on the wine package. :teeth:

Still to decide whether to park at the hotel or at the port.

we're staying out at the Grande Lake Marriott in Orlando the night before and night after the cruise (the latter happens to be our wedding anniversary so thought we'd extend the trip one more day rather than fly home and unpack - we're just going to store a bag at the hotel for our last night there). It has a children's program and a great pool. It is far from the parks so our 4 year old won't feel the pull of the Magic Kingdom (I hope). (And perhaps a week of Disney will be enough for her until she's tall enough to go on all the rides!)

Note to scott on wine package - we will probably do the same - and I note on the premium package on Dave's Disney Tribute site (somewhere) that Conundrum is one of the offered white wines - which is a terrific "blend" of a variety of California white grapes - and I think leans towards the sweet (maybe I'd say more "rich" rather than the dry of say a sauvignon blanc or a dry dry chardonnay). Anyway, it's a great wine.

We are flying in the Tuesday before the cruise. I am a Pampered Chef Consultant and earned 4 free nights to practically anywhere in the US. I decided that there was no better place to use them than Orlando! We are staying at the Residence Inn at Sea World. After the cruise we are spending 1 night at the Dolphin so that we will have time to spend whatever money is left at Downtown Disney. For those of you coming in early, are you using a rental car? If so, who has the best rates? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter