7/31/04 Rollcall

I've spoken to him, he is cool about it. As long as he gets to pick what he wants from the shop for wearing. He likes wearing khakis so it won't be a problem.

You will see all kinds of dress on formal night, from a tux with tails to, sadly, shorts and a shirt. Some people are a little pig-headed and refuse to dress nicely on vacation.

I personally wear a dark suit, with a dark shirt. I tend to go for that "Regis on Millionaire" look. I think the tux is a bit much, IMHO.

Thanks for the comments, my curiosity is getting the better of me, so I'm going to have to research the "Regis on Millionare". I take it that that is an TV show in the USA.

It could be a trend though, "which TV show you model your dress on", could be fun.

Ok I'm going to have to think about this.

Sorry, Scott. Let me clarify the reference. I was speaking about how Regis Philbin dressed on "Who Wants to Be A Millionaire". During the height of the show's popularity, many people took to dressing like him, which meant dark solid or pinstriped suits, dark solid shirts, and shiny one-color ties. Regis even had a line of dress shirts and ties put out by Van Huesen. I am guilty of owning a Regis tie.

I think it's a nice look for formal night, as it feels a little more dressed up to me.

Ahh, I understand now. The presenter of the show in the UK is Chris Tarrant who also wears the type of suit which you mention. Yes it is a good look for a formal / semi-formal occasion.

We also had our scandal in the show with the person accused of cheating his way to the million. An assistant in the background coughing the answers.

Has any of you fellow cruisers ever had any luck upgrading your cabin on arrival at the port?
I was reading a thread about this and a lot of people have been able to upgrade for not a lot of cash.

Scott, with regards to upgrading at the port, I think a big piece of that is how full the ship is when it sails. We took the Eastern that left this same week of the year in 2002, and it was a total sell-out. (or would that be sail-out?) I don't recall what accommodations you're in, but if you think you want to upgrade I'd consider contacting your TA before the prices go up again. - Bill

We are staying in a navigators verandah cabin, I'm sure we will be more than happy in that one. I was just interested after reading the thread in others experience.

I actually would rather stay in the cabin we have as that is an upgrade from our very first cruise two years ago, and experience this cabin.

I would not like to spoil the experience by getting a wonderful upgrade which we would probably never be able to get or afford again.

Wow, in just one month, we will be double digit - ***!

Originally posted by jlawall
Wow, in just one month, we will be double digit - ***!
Odd, same with the weight I need to lose.

lol Bill.

Yes it's getting closer, I really am looking forward to this vacation.

A real chance to recharge our batteries.

Soon we will have to get serious about a dis meet and all of the other fun details.

Patti

Just a little tidbit. Earlier this evening I went to check a cabin price for a friend who's remotely considering joining us. Apparently catagory 4, 7, & 12 are sold-out for our voyage. I also went to Expedia in an attempt to replicate this, and they too couldn't book into these catagories. OOT, the prices have gone up a bunch since the 5 cabins in our group booked.

I called last week (Priceline who I booked through) to see if I could get adjoining rooms (we booked 3 rooms and I thought 2 of them were adjoining). They weren't able to, because all of the rooms were booked. Then they tried to get us different rooms that were closer together. He said, "Looks like the shipped is booked!" He even called Disney. Hard to believe that it could be booked so far in advance!

Mandy

Sounds good, let's hear it for a rockin' cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!:Pinkbounc :jester: :teeth: :teeth:

Okay then, if it is getting so booked-up, where in the world are all the DIS posters?

It sure will be interesting to see the ship fully booked, on our first (and only) cruise so far the ship was not full. It was also the three night cruise so there were no full days at sea, I'm interested in seeing how full / crowded the ship feels on the days at sea.

Sailing in the summer, keeps things hopping! Seriously, I'm sure we will have a blast!!!!

Has anyone sailed the end of July before? I sailed years ago in June to the Western Carib. it was muggy... but no rain! I remember one night being woken up by rough seas.

I just pray, pray, pray that we have good weather and very little rain!!! I want to see Castaway Cay!

I sailed the last two summers in early August. Two years ago, we had great CC weather but the trip back from St. Thomas was rainy. On the way out, it was very windy.

Last summer, sailing to Western Carribean was wonderful, like bath water, but CC was rainy and not that great. Sooooo....it's up to fate. No matter what we WILL HAVE A MAGICAL TIME!!!:wave:

We did the 7-27-02 eastern. It was absolutely perfect the entire time. Smooth seas, warm days & evenings. It had been raining the morning of arrival @ CC. But was DONE by the time we had breakfast & got off the ship. Plenty of sun, fun, food, beer, service, exploring and napping. I expect nothing less this time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter