7/31/04 Rollcall

Excursion suggestions? We're going to dinner with 1 of the other couples Friday to discuss excursions. Any previous Western cruisers have suggestions to-do, or certainly not-to-do excursions? -Jlawall?

I've heard some good things about Captain Marvins for the Sting Ray's. I think that is Cozumel but not sure. I think we might do a dolphin encounter at Grand Cayman.

Patti

Hey all! Excursion advice.....last summer, we did kayak excursion (DH's request) in Key West. It was fun but we didn't see much sea life, we kayaked through mangrove trees - we did laugh our heads off because we kept getting stuck.(I wish I had seen more of KW, we just shopped near the ship) Next year I want to check out KW more if possible....

in GC we reserved Captain Marvin's Stingray City excursion and this was a MUST SEE! We reserved this because we were too late for the Disney excursion. Great experience! We also took a taxi to 7 mile beach and stayed there briefly. It was okay nothing special.....

In Cozumel, we took the Fury Catarmaran party boat. The snorkeling was ok, the beach was ok (my DD18 loved the volleyball game) but the ride back was SO much fun. They put on the tunes and the boat ROCKED, everyone danced and partied, it was really fun. We finished up at Carlos and Charlies which even more fun.

At CC, the weather wasn't great so we just did the bike tour, the banana boat and then had to head back to the ship. In years previous, we snorkeled and that was always a nice experience. (The water does get rough the further out you go.)

Honestly, the reason we rebooked this summer is because we want to check out more of these ports. I heard the jeep tour in Cozumel is a NOT TO BE MISSED!!!

Thanks so much for the welcomes!!! We are going to be on deck 5, rooms 5513, 5509 and 5506 - the front of the boat. Has anyone stayed in these rooms?

So what has everyone book so far for excursions? We have book Capt. Marvins - we booked it for the whole day, but I'm going to call and get it changed to 1/2 day excursion.... I think that will be plenty of time.

Has anyone heard of Xcaret in Cozumel?

Mandy

...We are going to be on deck 5, rooms 5513, 5509 and 5506 - the front of the boat. Has anyone stayed in these rooms?

Mandy, in our group two of the parties are staying across the ship from you in 5016 & 5018. They're pleased with where they are. You'll have to keep an eye on them for us.
Bill

It's a small world isn't it Bill? Do they have children or just adults? Glad they are pleased with their rooms! I'll take that as a positive response :-).

Mandy

Somewhere, there was someone who had a Farmer's Almanac and could look up the weather for us cruisers (7/31/04)... has anyone seen that post? I'm getting worried about the weather..... I want it to be sunny!!!!

Mandy

Are we now officially under 150 days!?

Well Patti - it looks like we know which area of the ship to keep an eye on now! - LOL

Hi everyone,

We are on deck 5 too. We are in rooms 5010 and 5009. We haven't decided where my son is going to stay yet. He is pretty excited about being on the top bunk. Looks like Grandpa might have his room all to himself on this trip.

Michelle

You're right about that Bill. Sounds like that whole end of the ship on that deck is full of Dis'ers. We will just have to have the dis meet right there in the hallway.

Patti

We are also on Deck 5, I'm at the work at the moment so I can't remember the cabin number.

I've not checked the weather, but I know it will be warmer than back home.

We have not booked any excursions yet, I really think we had better decide very quickly. I've been reading your messages on suggested excursions with interest.

Will definently be booking the wine package.

Passports are now all updated, at last. The day is getting ever nearer.

Some help please.

For those of you that are more experienced cruisers, could you let me know about the "formal" night. What night is it? What is minimum dress standard for adults and kids? Is there an alternative or are all the restaurants "formal" on the same night?

Reason I'm asking is I'm having second thoughts of using up weight allowance on the flight for something I'll wear once, and it will restrict all the goodies we can bring back from our trip, again due to the weight restrictions.

Thanks for the help.

I'm sure it's way to early to start panicking.

Scott,
I don't remember which night the formal evening is, but you can skip it and go to topsiders, do room service, or schedule Palo (which is also on the formal side). I can tell you from our last cruise that anyone, and there were plenty, of men who wore tuxedos are in the minority. Most, myself included, wore suit jackets and ties. Same for children. So really I was able to wear my suit pants other nights to dinner, and just brought along the jacket as well. Hope this helps, but either way it really isn't a huge deal as long as you don't show up in shorts and sneakers. I think DCL has a section about dress on their website somewhere. - Bill

Scott,

I agree with Bill. I saw very few people in tuxes. Most wore suits or slacks and a sports coat. I'm not sure what day it is on the Western. I'm pretty sure it was Sunday formal and Thursday semi formal when we were on the Eastern.

Patti

Thanks,

I'm glad that Shirt, Tie, Jacket, will do. The weight of the kilt and extras were really going to hamper our luggage allowance.
We tend to bring back way more stuff than we take with us on vacation.

Now I just need to convince a 6yr old, that he will still look "cool" dressed up a bit formally.

We are still trying to decide which if any trips we will prebook.

Not too many months to go now.

Hey Scott,

I wouldn't stress the 6 year old. My son was 9 on the last cruise and he was fine kahki's and a nice shirt.

Patti

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!