3 Years in the Making: Our return to WDW...with diapers! SAD NEWS 7/1 page 41

Don't know how I missed this, but I did :confused3

All caught up now, staying after school (work) so I don't have to work tomorrow. We're off the next 3 Fridays :woohoo: I do love working for the school board.

We took 3 small kiddos on our Sept. trip. A one year old, a two year old and a three year old. It was fun, but definately a different kind of trip ;) Just all the "stuff" you have to carry around is a little overwhelming!

I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!!

Hi! Just joining in. Seth is adorable! It sounds like he did great on the drive down. I love the picture of him driving. My boys love to sit in the driver's seat, too.

Can't wait to hear about the 5K! We did the 5K this time, too, but I completely forgot to strut at packet pick up. :rotfl:

What a fun first day! :woohoo:

The picture of you & Seth together on the Safari is adorable!

The phone call between you & Ray totally sounds like something my husband would end up saying! :rotfl:

YAY for getting to ride EE! :yay:

Boma looks delicious!

And girl... your first 5k struttin' is hotttttt ;)

Just paid that ticket today...$208 with fees. Ouch! What we do for Disney World!

I think that picture of Seth zonked out at Boma is hilarious! Poor sleepy little man!

Glad your DH got in early but boo for the speeding ticket!

Good luck in your 5K!

I was just glad he slept in the stroller okay. I was afraid he wouldn't get sound sleep in there and it worked out fine!

Love the update! Yummy Boma, that dessert plate makes my mouth water.

Zebra domes....:love:

Dawn, is your hair naturally curly? Do you flat iron it? I really like it both ways! :) Mine will not stay straight in FL, it frizzes right up and then is really curly.

It looks like both boys were having fun digging! :) Seth is too cute in his Mickey shirt.

Ray should have asked you if you wanted the good surprise or the bad surprise first. ;) That's a spendy ticket. Ouch!

Boma looks yummy. It's on my next-trip list! :thumbsup2

And I have to say that Anna sounds like a fantastic friend. :goodvibes

Thanks! My hair is naturally wavy. If I don't blow dry it straight and put some product in it (usually curl enhancer) it will stay wavy. But I usually blow dry it out and then just touch up with a flat iron every day just to make it a bit smoother. I wore it that way that day b/c I knew it would be the hottest day we were there and I knew I'd have to wash it after the 5K anyway, so I figured it would be easier.

My Monkey !!!! :love:

You sure did have a full day Friday. I didn't even realize Tangled was playing I would have sat by the pool on Friday night. :confused3

I think you did great with having Seth and being able to change gears and figure out fast how to handle the situation.

I know you told me Ray came down early but I didn't realize he missed you that much to speed and get a ticket. :laughing: Ouch on the cost of the ticket.

I didn't either! Anna told me the next day. I think I was probably asleep by like 9:30 anyway! Yeah, that ticket ended up costing $208 with fees - just paid it today. Yuck!

Fun beginning to your WDW trip. Luke has gotten so tall, all grown up at 7 y/o. That was our first day of our trip, it was so hot that day. DHS was more manageable, then we went to AK from 3-close. Wow, what a hot hot park. We skipped FOLK due to the heat, and opted for Nemo show instead.
Seth looks like he was having fun, too bad about his allergies though. Haven't been with small children in so long, but the baby care centers look like a great place to chill and refresh. Did you ever find them to be busy? It just looks relaxing.

WWOS is so large, I was there on Saturday 10/1 to pick up our gift cards for the Finish Line party at EPCOT. Luckily it was not so hot on Saturday, but there was not great instruction on where to pick up the gift cards. I walked to the expo, down the stairs to find out I needed to go to the Team Store outside the expo. I walked half way back to the car, to the Team Store to be told I needed to go to the Team store at the stadium. Which was across from the Expo hall. Whew, I was running out of time quick, and definitely out of breath. I was picking up 10.00 gift cards for the 6 of us in our group, otherwise I might have headed right back to the car! Not the best memory of the trip for sure.:confused:

It was SO hot that day! Glad it was the hottest one of our trip. I loved the baby centers - never crowded at all. They were always a nice break from the crowds and chaos.

What a goose chase they had you on! I thought the fact that they had us going down to that indoor field to pick up our packets was crazy - such a long walk and down stairs and around corners, etc. etc. Ridiculous!

I can't believe how big Luke is!

Seth's poor eye!

oh....I'm guessing the guy is playing with an invisiable basketball...

I know...he's ginormous! Oh, and good guess! :lmao:

Woo Hoo to score front seat on EE.:thumbsup2

Ah Boma!! Love that place (yes the Zebra Domes). We are eating there in April.

Poor Seth with his allergies.:sad2:

Luckily they didn't seem to bother him too much - it just looks bad!

Love riding EE in the front...great pics! All things considered, Seth did great...he's such a smiley little guy!

I was very happy with his behavior the entire trip. Very few meltdowns!

Great start Dawn! I'm glad your car trip went okay, and the boys traveled well together!:thumbsup2 Looks like your hotel is a fun place to stay with little ones.

You actually got some good pics at AK with your phone. :goodvibes It's great how you and Anna took turns so that the kids were entertained and fed. Anna is a good friend!:lovestruc Seth did pretty well, and it's great that you took things at his pace.

Looking forward to your 5K day!:cool1:

Anna is the best! I knew she'd be great - she always does so well with Seth and doesn't get stressed out easily.

I'm here, Dawn! I am all caught up! What a fun start to your trip! I can't believe it's been three years since you were there. It doesn't really seem that long!

I know....I've been busy. :rotfl:

Hi, Dawn! :wave2:
I'm hoping to get lots of tips. the next time I go back I'll have my DGD with me and she will be between 1 1/2 and 2 yo. I've never taken a really small child let alone a toddler, so it will be interesting. :eek:

Read on.....;)

What a fantastic first day! You guys really got to do a lot and it seems like Seth did amazing lasting all the way until the early evening :thumbsup2 Oh and what an incredible friend you have in Anna :goodvibes

Yes, Anna rocks. And I was happy with what we got done with such a late start!

I am enjoying your report so much! I remember when we went and my son was that age..oh yes the meltdowns..it gets better ;)

By the way my 5 year old just told me that he knows you.He said Im telling you Mommy she was at my shool reading stories...lol..I guess you have a twin here in NY!

So my doppleganger is in NY, huh? Gives me an excuse to come up there for a visit soon! :laughing:

What a fun and FULL first day of your trip! Love the pictures of you and Seth on the safari! :goodvibes Glad you got to ride EE...and front row too! :thumbsup2 That's great that you got to meet up with Erica and Will...your dinner looked fantastic! Sorry to hear about the speeding ticket...kind of puts a damper on the beginning of your trip. But on the bright side, Ray did arrive early! :) Anna sounds like she is an amazing friend...that's so great that she was willing to help you out so much! Love your "strutting" pic! :laughing: Can't wait for more...

We love Boma - and especially when dining with old friends! :) Yep, Anna is always so great with Seth so I knew she'd be wonderful to have along for the ride. And as a bonus she's fun too! ;)

:) I'm here! I can't wait to hear more about your trip. Sweet little Seth is the cutest thing.

Thank you! :)

I'm so excited for another TR! Seth is adorable!!! I can't believe how big Luke has got! It must be awesome to go to WDW with your best friend! I am looking forward to the rest of your TR!

Thanks.... :)

I'm so excited to read your report. Seth is adorable!

Thank you! :)

I'm here and subscribed! popcorn::
Seth is absolutely adorable. :cutie:

Thanks! :)

Seth seemed to enjoy his first Disney rides! I ate breakfast at Boma this trip so next trip I need to make sure I book a dinner there! Looks good! Sorry about Rays ticket. My 17 year old son wanted to drive home since my mom and I weren't feeling good. Well, I woke up and we were doing 100 mph down I-4 :scared1: Needless to say, I drove the rest of the way!

:scared1: Yeah, I'd be driving too. Teenage boy drivers....something for me to look forward to, huh?

Thanks!! :goodvibes I haven't posted on here much since I got pregnant, but she is due in January and was a complete surprise. I will check with Jill for tips as well!! Enjoying the report can't wait to hear more.

Hope you're feeling well! :goodvibes

i love that cell phone pics turn out pretty good now a days...makes it alot easier to capture moment swhen you forget your camera.

enjoyed the update.

how many naps a day does he normally take?

I know...I was happy with our cell pictures all things considered. As far as naps, it depends on who he's with and what we're doing! :laughing: He stays with Ray's mom on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays and she lets him have 2 short naps per day. On Thursdays and Fridays he goes to school and they only have 1, but it's usually about 2 hours which is longer than the ones he has with Nana. And then on the weekends I usually try to give him 1 after lunch but if he's in the car and falls asleep I don't stop him.

I'm so impressed at how well Seth did! He was such a trooper through a long and tiring day!

I'm lovin' the 5k strut ;):laughing:

I'm shocked Anna and Luke were up late...I think I would have passed out on one of the lounge chairs during the movie :laughing:

OMG the speeding ticket phone call...Chris and I have been together for 4 1/2 years and I've gotten THREE of those! Not a fun thing to come home to pay after vacation! :(

Anna is not made of what I'm made of - I figured that out a long time ago. And you know how kids are - they run on adrenaline at Disney World! Well, I usually do too. But being there with a 1yo is COMPLETELY different and I welcomed bedtime! Three speeding tickets? :scared1: Totally no fun!

What a great first day! Seth looked like he was having a ball in the boneyard.

Aww, Boma...I love those zebra domes!

Can't wait to hear how the 5K went.

He LOVED the bone yard!

Can't wait to hear how your 5K went! I ran a few about 10 years ago and basically always came in last! :rotfl: I never ran much between them though so it was my own fault. Hope you did better then me!!! :thumbsup2

There was ALOT of people running so it made it a little easier not to come in last. :laughing: My goal was just to run the whole thing and finish in under 45 minutes.

I’m so glad I checked in and saw your TR. I’ve loved your others. Not sure if you remember me (have been a little absent lately), but I had Ellie I think a day before Will was born. I also live in Murfreesboro, so have hoped one day we could meet someday (I have met Memom and Jill and family).

Seth is a cutie. He has so many teeth. Ellie didn’t get her first tooth until 14 months. She now has 11 at 18 months. We took her at 11 months (met a bunch of the TR regulars at the Big Small World meet) and we are going Feb 2012 and she will be 6 weeks shy of her 2nd birthday. We’ve got her first haircut planned at the barbershop.

Where is the AK Baby Center? I’ve only used the MK one, but need to use the ones at the other parks more.

Can’t wait to follow along!!!!

I do remember you! I hope we can all get together for a meet, too! Seth's got 8 teeth now. That is unless a molar or two have come in without me knowing. I'm not sticking my finger in there! :rotfl: We did Seth's first haircut at Harmony Barber Shop and it was really cute! Great experience - I definitely recommend it. I'll have lots of pics and a video when I get to that day.

Jill already told you where the baby center was, but in case you didn't see her post it's near Pizzafari. It was very quiet and clean. I also used the one at MK and EPCOT and they were nice too. Never had to use the one at DHS.

So excited to read about your trip! We just got back the 22nd from taking our 2year old for his 1st trip. The last time we had been was also in 2008 so we were ready to get back too!

Thanks for reading and welcome! :goodvibes

Really enjoying your TR.We ave a little one Seth's age so I can't wait to read more about it! & he is adorable!!!! :goodvibes

Thanks so much! :)

Seth is such a Gerber baby! He is just the picture of what an American baby boy looks like! I love it! So sad his lil allergies were flaring up. That's gotta be the worst since there's not much you can do for him. Ray's phone call is awesome. I probably would have been like, Oh, well, on with the fun and forget it happened until I get home. :rolleyes1 Can't to hear what comes next!

I've been told that before - his teacher at school calls him a Gerber baby. Thanks. :) Luckily his allergies didn't seem to bother him too much - they just looked bad!

Don't know how I missed this, but I did :confused3

All caught up now, staying after school (work) so I don't have to work tomorrow. We're off the next 3 Fridays :woohoo: I do love working for the school board.

We took 3 small kiddos on our Sept. trip. A one year old, a two year old and a three year old. It was fun, but definately a different kind of trip ;) Just all the "stuff" you have to carry around is a little overwhelming!

I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!!

You're here...that's all that matters! Yay for 3 Fridays off! Wow....1, 2 and 3 - now that's hard work! :rotfl:

Hi! Just joining in. Seth is adorable! It sounds like he did great on the drive down. I love the picture of him driving. My boys love to sit in the driver's seat, too.

Can't wait to hear about the 5K! We did the 5K this time, too, but I completely forgot to strut at packet pick up. :rotfl:

Thanks! Yes, I was very proud of his behavior on the trip. :) And yay for doing the 5K! I wonder if we were near each other?

Yummy Boma meal - awesome!!!

I'm excited to hear about your 5K! Sounds awesome!!

Yes....awesome! It's always so good.

Just wanted to let you guys know I'm still here - just been swamped at work. And we have a brief due on Wednesday so I doubt I'll have an update before then. We shall see. But I wanted to wish everyone a........

Disney-Happy-Halloween-disney-8680852-547-388.gif

Everyone have fun and be safe!

I'm sure I will have pictures from our trick-or-treating tonight. Thanks again for reading! :goodvibes

Hey, guys! Finally had some time to do an update....thank goodness!

So on to day two of our vacation....the day I would do my first-ever 5K!

I woke up bright and early at 5:45 that morning. The 5K started at 7:00 - they told us to get there at 6:15 but I thought that was way early, so I was just aiming for 6:30 (you know....15 minutes makes a ton of difference. :lmao:). Seth and I were sleeping in one bed and Ray was in another (no way did all 3 of us fit on those small beds at ASSports). The plan was for me to get up when my alarm went off at 5:45, then Ray was gonna get in bed with Seth and I was gonna go over to Anna's room to get ready. She would already be up (she gets up wayyyyy early) and Luke sleeps like a rock so I wouldn't bother him. But if Seth heard me banging around our bathroom he'd want to get up. Well, the plan was working....I had gotten up, Ray had gotten in bed with Seth, I had gathered my stuff and was going towards our connecting door and then I kicked a toy of Seth's that started making a horrible racket and singing, "The Wheels on the Bus" REALLY loud. So much for the plan!

So Seth was up and he wasn't going back down. So I took him over to Anna's room with me and she entertained him while I got ready. I wanted Ray to go back to bed if he wanted to since he had driven down the day before. While I was getting ready Anna gave me a goody bag full of stuff - a Clif Bar to eat before the race (in addition to my banana), a sweat rag, a bath bomb to use afterwards (for a nice, relaxing bath that I STILL haven't used!!!) and a gift certificate for a full body massage at a local spa......:woohoo: Like I said, she rocks!

Anyway, I was ready to go in about 10 minutes (no makeup for a 5K!). I had made arrangements to meet disser Pat (poolrat) out by the main pool so we could ride over together. Anna insisted on taking my picture before my first 5K.....

IMG_3699.jpg

Pat was waiting for me right where she said she'd be and we headed to my car. It was so nice to have someone to ride with and nice to meet a new disser. Hi, Pat! :goodvibes Glad I got to meet you in real life! :hug:

When we got to Animal Kingdom the traffic was horrible, but it moved fast and we were parked in no time. We made our way up to the massive starting area, me trying to pin on my bib while we were walking. We saw a picture guy up near the front and stopped for a picture. I didn't order it, but I took this with my phone off the computer.....sneaky, sneaky!

photo.jpg

By the way, my shirt has Dory on the front and says, "Just Keep Swimming" on the back. About 5 different people said to me, "Your shirt is keeping me going!" during the race. :thumbsup2

Pat and I agreed that once the running actually started, we would just do our own thing instead of trying to keep up with each other. Since I'm a relatively new runner, I didn't want to slow anyone down and I also get more winded if I'm talking while I'm running!

They didn't really tell us but we figured out that you could start out where you were supposed to start by signs that had pace times listed. I think I had put my pace time as 13 minutes per mile and she seemed to be about the same, so we tried to get around that area. It wasn't really being managed though, so we could have really gotten anywhere we wanted.

As we were looking for a spot to cram ourselves into the masses, I turned around to see Mickey and Minnie joining the crowd!

IMG_2330.jpg

IMG_2332.jpg

They were quickly ushered through, though. No time for autographs or pictures or anything. We finally got a spot in the crowd. There were a few people dressed up for the 5K since it was Halloween themed. There was a very tall/big guy near us that had a full-on rubber Batman costume on. His girlfriend/wife was wiping the sweat off his face before we even started the race.....and before the sun came up. Um....NOT a good idea, dude!!! Wish I would've gotten a picture but I didn't think about it.

Here's the crowd as we waited for the race to start.

IMG_2333.jpg

Finally the crowd started moving and we were off! Here comes the start line!

IMG_2335.jpg

Mickey and Minnie (and the emcee) were to the left to cheer us on at the start line....

IMG_2336.jpg

We crossed the start line somewhere around 3 minutes....in other words, it took 3 minutes for the crowd in front of us to move forward enough to where we actually were at the start line. I was surprised that we were able to start running as soon as we hit the start line - I figured it would take a few minutes b/c of the crowd. But we were running almost as soon as we crossed the start line!

My goal for this, my first-ever 5K, was just to run the entire thing and finish in 45 minutes or less.

Pat and I ran together for maybe half a mile, but then she went on ahead of me and I didn't see her any more. Bye, Pat! :goodvibes

The race started in the parking lot and headed away from the park, then around the back of the parking lot and back towards the entrance and into Animal Kingdom. This is mile marker 1, which was near bag check....

IMG_2337.jpg

Remember to take about 3 minutes off the time to get my official time. :teacher:

Continued in next post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=43151337&postcount=132

The first character I saw was King Louie and Baloo....hi, King Louie and Baloo!

IMG_2338.jpg

I never realized that the area going through the Oasis heading into the park was uphill, but you do realize that when you're running!!! :rotfl2:

I didn't take any pictures for awhile. The trail went to the left towards Pizzafari, into Africa, and then we took a left down a "backstage" area that runs parallel to Rafiki's train. There was a water stop here and this was the only time I actually walked, while I was drinking water.

They had several animals out along the way along this backstage area. I snapped a picture of a tortoise.

IMG_2341.jpg

The way the trail was set up, you ran waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back into the backstage area, then you did a hairpin turn and then came back, so you were running alongside the trail you just were on. Hope that makes sense. In other words, the people you were passing/going the opposite direction of were people who were behind you. Well, when I was almost at the end of that area, I saw Batman. He was WAY back there and he was walking. I knew he wouldn't last long! Dark Knight my foot. :rolleyes1

Mile 2!

IMG_2343.jpg

We then headed towards Asia.....the sun was coming up over Everest!

IMG_2344.jpg

Goofy was near EE to greet runners....

IMG_2345.jpg

I didn't stop for any character pictures. There were lines for them and I knew that would add at least 2 minutes per character to my time. And I could see the characters at other times. But it was really cool to see them along the way....something you're not gonna find at any other 5K! :goodvibes

We headed towards Dinoland and Donald was there dressed as a dinosaur....so cute! Wish the picture wasn't so blurry but I was running....

IMG_2346.jpg

Instead of going back into the center of the park after Dinoland, they had us cut to the left and head into another backstage area. We were nearing the end of the race and they had gravediggers in this area....which I thought was totally appropriate! :rotfl:

IMG_2347.jpg

I thought the sun coming up was pretty. You can see all the runners to the right if you look really hard....

IMG_2348.jpg

Mile 3.....almost there!

IMG_2349.jpg

I knew I only had .1 mile left so I ran as fast as I could to the end and this is my official time....minus about 3 minutes. ;)

IMG_2350.jpg

So I reached my goal - running the entire thing (minus a few seconds to drink some water) and finishing under 45 minutes. I surprised myself b/c when I'm at home running I die around 2.5 miles. But this was so doable - I didn't even think about walking. I guess when you're surrounded by other runners and also in such a cool environment it really helps!

I got my medal and my goody bag and asked a guy to take this picture of me since I was now by myself....

IMG_2352.jpg

Meanwhile....back at ASSports......

While I was running the 5K Anna and the boys were sitting out by the pool, having breakfast. She took a few pictures....

IMG_3701.jpg

IMG_3703.jpg

IMG_3707.jpg

I texted her pictures while I was running and she was cheering me on. :)

I got back to the room to find them playing while Anna was getting ready for their day at EPCOT. Me and my baby....

IMG_3711.jpg

Anna and Luke left shortly after I got back to head to EPCOT, while I took a shower and let Seth take a mid-morning nap. It was weird...he went to sleep at like 9:00 that morning which is way early for him to take a nap. I guess he was still tired from the day before. We relaxed in the room for awhile and let him sleep...he didn't wake up until around 11:00! But I just let him sleep so we'd have a good day at EPCOT. Plus I was tired myself.

So that was my first 5K. I hope to do another one at Disney one day. It was loads of fun! Glad I got to experience it. And glad I got to meet Pat, too!

Next up......the Food and Wine Festival brings out the masses at EPCOT! :eek:

Anyway, I was ready to go in about 10 minutes (no makeup for a 5K!). I had made arrangements to meet disser Pat (poolrat) out by the main pool so we could ride over together. Anna insisted on taking my picture before my first 5K.....

Pat was waiting for me right where she said she'd be and we headed to my car. It was so nice to have someone to ride with and nice to meet a new disser. Hi, Pat! :goodvibes Glad I got to meet you in real life! :hug:
I amright over your shoulder there. :lmao: I am so glad I met you too.

When we got to Animal Kingdom the traffic was horrible, but it moved fast and we were parked in no time. We made our way up to the massive starting area, me trying to pin on my bib while we were walking. We saw a picture guy up near the front and stopped for a picture. I didn't order it, but I took this with my phone off the computer.....sneaky, sneaky!

I did that too!!!! :rotfl2:How funny. I had to search for that one.
I am glad Disney has parking down, I saw the crowds and almost panicked.

There was a very tall/big guy near us that had a full-on rubber Batman costume on. His girlfriend/wife was wiping the sweat off his face before we even started the race.....and before the sun came up. Um....NOT a good idea, dude!!! Wish I would've gotten a picture but I didn't think about it.

We did say he was going to be a sweaty mess!

Finally the crowd started moving and we were off! Here comes the start line!

I may borrow this for mine since I did not get one if it is OK.

Pat and I agreed that once the running actually started, we would just do our own thing instead of trying to keep up with each other.

Pat and I ran together for maybe half a mile, but then she went on ahead of me and I didn't see her any more. Bye, Pat! :goodvibes

It was so crowded I finally saw an opening and I took it. :lmao:

The race started in the parking lot and headed away from the park, then around the back of the parking lot and back towards the entrance and into Animal Kingdom. This is mile marker 1, which was near bag check....

[

I saw that and thought 1 mile and we are not even in the park yet???

It was great meeting and riding with you. Did you ever get a chance to eat your "jelly beans" that Anna gave you for the race?

I realize that my pictures are no longer there and those annoying "bandwidth exceeded" pictures are there instead. Very strange. I just posted this update like 5 hours ago! I went to photobucket to see what the problem was and their page isn't loading. So I'm hoping it's on their end and my account is still okay. Anyway, I'll keep checking on it - just wanted everyone to know I'm aware. :)

Congrats again Dawn on running the 5k, and in such good time!! :thumbsup2

You definitely look like you had a great morning for running! But why, why on Earth would that man dress up like Batman?!? :confused3

Yup! Pics are there:thumbsup2 Looks like such a fun event - congrats to you for doing this Dawn, and for exceeding your goal!:cheer2:

Seth looks so cute in those pics - he was so sweet to nap so you could get a little rest! ;)

I like this one for the cute little guy in his jammies and for the palm trees and the way the sun is beginning to show its presence in the background. I can definitely have the sense of sitting by the pool watching a Disney morning begin in this picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter