3 Years in the Making: Our return to WDW...with diapers! SAD NEWS 7/1 page 41

Great first update. Sounds like the trip down went as well as it could have :) Too bad about luggage services giving you the runaround! Sounds like Anna was an awesome help to you.

Yay! :banana:
Luke is huge.:rotfl:
Anna is great.:hug:
Seth, what a cutie pie.:cloud9:
And what the heck, no bell service for late arrivals???????:headache:

KIM

Checking In Dawn! I didn't see your link - looking forward to Seth's first trip to the World!:yay:

How ironic they played It's A Small World.:)

Wow Bell Services dropped the ball didn't they?? What was up with that?:confused3

You had a beautiful first day weather wise.

I love the gorillas also.:)

Aw poor little guy all pooped out already.

I know...so funny! Yeah, that didn't make sense to me about bell services. :confused3 It was nice that day but HOT! Thankfully that was the hottest day of our vacation.

YAY you are finally on property.:yay::yay:

The trouble you had were some of the small issues I had with ASSp.
The food court closes and hour earlier 11pm and no luggage services at 1 am?
At POP I was able to get into luggage services at some really odd hour, I just needed to knock on the door. :confused3

I am glad you were able to juggle all the stuff with both kids. It really is a process and you do get better each time. By the time you have it perfected, they grow out of it, and the process changes. :laughing:

As for the room I have pictures of my room on my TR and well I suspect it looks a lot like yours. :lmao:

I didn't even want any help with my luggage, just a luggage cart! I can't believe they don't have those available to everyone at any time. If it weren't for Anna, I don't know what I would've done. Well, I would have never gone to Disney by myself with a 13mo anyway! :laughing: Glad I saw you had a TR when you commented or I wouldn't have known about it. And yes, our rooms were exactly the same. :)

I can't believe how big both Seth and Luke are getting!

I love that pic of the mariachi band singing and Seth watching.

You got to WDW in no time! :thumbsup2

Yay!!! Finally back!! :goodvibes

I can't wait for the VWL pics!

I know....growing like weeds, both of them! The trip was not as bad as I had thought. Glad to be back! :goodvibes

A mariachi band and "it's a small world" are what my nightmares are made of!:laughing:

I love how happy Seth was before breakfast, what a cutie!

:lmao: Just add birds to that and I'm done.

I am so excited to read all about it!!! I already have a trip planned in my head in a few years for my daughter's first trip!

Yay! First trips are soooooo exciting and special! :goodvibes

Wow, how cool that the mariachi band played Its a Small World! I would have been rolling! :rotfl:

I'm sorry that your check in to Sports didn't go well. How crazy that they couldn't get you a luggage cart! I also can't believe they gave you such a run around about the package you mailed! We always order diapers and wipes and such, and they just give it to us when we check in, I've never had to go through luggage services! :headache:

I'm glad it all got sorted out and you were on your way without too much delay! You are one brave woman to lug a stroller on the trams. I have always been afraid to try, and have walked from the parking lot (yes even from the furthest lot- I figure it earns me an extra mickey bar :laughing:).

Poor little sleepy Seth! You guys had a big travel day, so I can understand why he was so tired. I hope that he wakes up soon so you can take him on his first ride! :cloud9:

The guy with luggage services acted like he knew about ALL packages that have EVER came through the All Star resorts. He was almost offended that I was questioning him about it and he hadn't been told. And the luggage cart thing makes no sense to me. I thought about walking with the stroller but Anna kept telling me she could manage it so I let her try. I ended up walking back to the car by myself and believe me, I walked the whole way. I wasn't about to attempt it without help!

Joining in! Seth is just adorable. That photo of him asleep with Pluto in his stroller is too cute.

Thanks! He was pooped!

Love the update! You must have been SO mad with bell services, getting passed around ~ and what was with the no carts? I would have been crying I think! LOL. Seth is so cute in that little Mickey shirt ~ I can't wait to hear more!

Yeah, that was crazy! I definitely wasn't happy.

Yay! Y'all made it! Boo for bell services being closed!
Great start on your first morning! It rained the entire day we were at AK so most of the animals were under cover or sleeping. Enjoyed your gorillia pics. The only one that was out when we were there was laying right by the glass but all you could see was his hiney! :rotfl:

Seriously....boo!!! I so wish I had my SLR camera for the gorillas. :sad2:

Great update! Glad the drive down went well cause I know how road trips can be with kids, even when they are 17, 16, and 9 :sad2:
You are blessed to have such a good friend like Anna! It would have been hard to get everything done by yourself, especially with NO HELP from Bell Services! It always surprises me that they don't realize after all these years that people do indeed check in at all hours! I mean, couldn't someone else have a key to get to the carts after hours?
But, isn't it a wonderful feeling when you see the sign and drive through the gates???!!!!!! :yay::woohoo:

I don't know what I would have done without Anna! I just can't believe they don't keep a few carts out at night for people to use. :confused3

You started this while I was in Disney World, so I am late getting here. Going back to catch up with the fun now. :)

You're not late...just missed the start of day 1 but it wasn't long so easy to catch up. :) Glad you're here!

Great start! You are a trooper getting in so late - you guys did great!!

Can't wait to hear all about it!! :)

Thanks...we all slept good that night!

Joining in!

That mariachi video was too funny!

I thought so too! :)

Wow, Seth and Luke did so well on the drive down! I love that picture of Seth sitting in the drivers seat of your car :laughing: So cute!!

What a pain that you couldn't get a luggage cart when you got to ASSp. I'm anxious to see how you liked it there otherwise (oh and the box situation too :headache:), because that's where we're staying in Jan/Feb and I haven't stayed there since 2005.

Seth was pooped out by the magic so quickly! And Luke seems like a great little babysitter. Oh, I love the Halloween cups! I can see them in your breakfast pictures.

I hope you make the stoller/tram invention by the time I have a baby. I will totally be a user of your invention and help you make millions :thumbsup2

ASSp wasn't bad at all - I liked it more than I thought I would. But the package and the lack of help with luggage were definitely negative points. The turbo toilets were annoying but other than that it wasn't bad. Oh, except for our late-night visitor one night...I'll get to that later. And I'm working on the stroller/tram invention. ;)

Great first update. Sounds like the trip down went as well as it could have :) Too bad about luggage services giving you the runaround! Sounds like Anna was an awesome help to you.

She was....so awesome! And yes, luggage services were of no use to me!

Yay! :banana:
Luke is huge.:rotfl:
Anna is great.:hug:
Seth, what a cutie pie.:cloud9:
And what the heck, no bell service for late arrivals???????:headache:

KIM

Yes, yes, thanks and I agree....what the heck!??? :rotfl:

Checking In Dawn! I didn't see your link - looking forward to Seth's first trip to the World!:yay:

Thanks for reading! :)

So when I last left you we had just finished the Pangani Forest Trail and Seth was still snoozin. A quick bathroom break for everyone, during which Seth woke up, and we headed for the safari to use our FPs. Here it comes!

IMG_3609.jpg

Ready for his first official Disney ride!

IMG_3610.jpg

IMG_2275.jpg

Again, no SLR camera so all these safari pics were taken with either my cell phone or Anna's (and may not be in order). :rolleyes:

IMG_3617.jpg

IMG_3620.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

I love how this jeep looks like it's coming out of the tall grass....

IMG_3624.jpg

IMG_3625.jpg

IMG_2280.jpg

IMG_2284.jpg

IMG_2285.jpg

IMG_2287.jpg

This guy was giving himself a bath....like I said, it was hot!

IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2296.jpg

IMG_3611.jpg

We saw a decent amount of animals....most were out, but no lions. And I think Seth noticed some of the closer ones, like the giraffes. He seemed to enjoy it.

Luke getting a cold drink - see that lady in the left corner? She was a Photopass photographer and ended up getting some shots of us around the jeep and in front of a nearby waterfall that I'll post later.

IMG_3642.jpg

I don't know what this guy is doing, but feel free to enter your own caption. :rolleyes1

IMG_3646.jpg

After the safari we headed to the baby center for a change of diaper and a snack.....

IMG_2300.jpg

IMG_2301.jpg

It was a nice, air-conditioned break.

After that we headed to see the Festival of the Lion King. It had been awhile since I saw this one and Anna, too, plus I knew Seth would enjoy it.

Waiting for the show to start....

IMG_2302.jpg

IMG_3659.jpg

IMG_3649.jpg

IMG_2311.jpg

Continued in next post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=43017654&postcount=89

IMG_2314.jpg

Some video....

Seth loved the show....he just watched everything and laughed and pointed a few times. Right before the end (during the part where they bring the kids out, I think) he started getting antsy and crying, so I took him outside. I refuse to be one of those parents who disturbs everyone around them b/c their kid is crying. If he's not enjoying himself, we leave....not just for him but for the people around us too!

Anna and Luke caught up with me over after the show in the stroller parking area and we headed towards Pizzafari for lunch. Ray had called me during the show and it was too loud in there to answer, so I called him back....

Ray: Hey, what are you guys doing?
Me: Oh, just got done with Festival of the Lion King. I had to take Seth out a few minutes before it was over b/c he was crying.
Ray: Well, I've got 2 surprises for you.
Me: Okay....
Ray: First...I'm almost in Florida! (He wasn't supposed to leave until after work at 5:00 and it was around 1:30 at this point.)
Me: Are you serious???? That's awesome! Yay! I love your boss!
Ray: Yep.
Me: Okay, so what's the other surprise?
Ray: I got a speeding ticket.

:eek:

Me: Well, it happens. (I'm thinking I was nice about it due to a mixture of the heat and my Disney high.)

So that nice little "surprise" cost us $196. So nice to come home from vacation and shell out that money! :mad:

So back to Disney....

We got a table in at Pizzafari, then Anna and decided we wanted BBQ instead. But we decided just to stay there to eat instead of trudging all the way over to Flame Tree since we had the boys settled. Luke watched Seth while I went up to order Luke a pizza, and Anna walked over to Flame Tree and got us a BBQ sandwich meal to split. It was good and hit the spot! I didn't take any food pics....shame on me! I'm usually very good about it. But I guess I was just tired. Anna took these during the meal though....

IMG_3671.jpg

IMG_3672.jpg

After we had refueled, we headed for Dinoland and Triceratop Spin. Luke and Anna....

IMG_2317.jpg

IMG_2319.jpg

Seth loved it! He just smiled and let the breeze blow what little hair he has! :laughing:

Anna and I had planned on taking turns on Expedition Everest. She knew Luke wasn't ready for that yet and of course Seth couldn't ride. So we headed over to the Bone Yard so the boys could play. Anna insisted I go first (again, love her) and she'd stay with the boys. So I fast-walked over to EE and headed for the single rider line. Well, guess what? I see a sign that says the single rider line was closed. Um....what?? Needless to say, I was NOT happy about this. I asked the FP CM about it and she said it was closed all day. The standby was 20 minutes. I didn't want to make Anna and the boys wait that long. I decided to get in line and give it 10 minutes - we all know those standby times are not always accurate. If it waited longer than 10 minutes, I'd get out of line and head back to Dinoland. I texted Anna and told her what was going on.

Wouldn't ya know it....right at 10 minutes I get into the loading room. And guess what? When I tell the queue nazi that I'm a single rider, she puts me in the line for front row....score!!!! :thumbsup2

I took these during the ride....

IMG_2320.jpg

IMG_2321.jpg

Here's my redneck photo but b/c it was with my cell phone, you can't really make me out. I'm on the front row on the left.

IMG_2322.jpg

Meanwhile back at the boneyard....

Anna, Luke and Seth ended up going over to the dig yard to play and Anna texted me that Seth LOVED it!

IMG_2326.jpg

IMG_3676.jpg

IMG_3677.jpg

IMG_3678.jpg

IMG_3682.jpg

Anna likes jeeps! :rotfl2:

IMG_3684.jpg

Continued in next post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=43017670&postcount=90

By the time I got back to the dig yard, it was around 3:30. I told Anna that the parade was going to start soon, that I'd take the boys and get a spot and she could ride EE, then catch up with us. But she said she'd rather watch the parade with Luke. And she actually hung back with Luke at the Bone Yard b/c he was having so much fun, so Seth and I went to get a spot for the parade. We got a spot near Flame Tree. Seth trying on my sunglasses....

IMG_2328.jpg

Right before the parade started Seth started melting down. It was hot, he was tired (so was I). Once Anna met up with us I tried to walk around with him a little bit and it would work for a few minutes, but he kept crying. So I decided it was time to head out, at least for us. I told Anna to stay and enjoy the parade, then do It's Tough to be a Bug (I knew Luke would love it) and then take the bus to AKL for our dinner at Boma. Seth and I would go ahead to the car and head that way and I'd give him a break from the park.

So we headed for the car. I decided to walk the entire way b/c I wasn't about to try the tram with a stroller, a baby and a backpack all by myself. It was a long walk but I managed and Seth actually fell asleep during the walk anyway!

Here are some of Anna's parade pics....

IMG_3687.jpg

IMG_3688.jpg

IMG_3691.jpg

And modeling the cool glasses at It's Tough to be a Bug....

IMG_3692.jpg

Seth was so tired he slept through me taking him out of the stroller and into his car seat, and then out of his car seat and back into the stroller at AKL! Poor guy. We had a 4:30ish reservation at Boma where I was meeting up with Erica (VandyFan10) and Will! :woohoo:

When I got there to check in Erica was sitting in the lobby. Yay...so happy to see her! :hug:

Here's Will (who is 5 months older than Seth and is also a WL wishing fountain baby) and Seth at dinner....

DSC07756.jpg

Boma....

DSC07759.jpg

The buffet from our table....I didn't mean to get Erica coming back with her food but I did!

DSC07760.jpg

My first plates....

DSC07761.jpg

Various salads, eggplant salad, artichoke salad and creamy corn and chicken soup. The artichoke salad and the soup were awesome.

Somebody woke up!

DSC07762.jpg

He was very fussy the rest of the meal, wanting me to hold him. Again, Anna came to the rescue and helped me out a lot. He had just had a big day! He's normally a very happy little guy but he was just spent.

Seth, me, Will and Erica...

DSC07763.jpg

Oh, you can see my drink there. It's the one with the cherries. I forgot to get a picture of it. I don't remember the name but it had bourbon and some kind of juice in it with cherries. Like I said, I was tired. But it was good!

My second plate....

DSC07765.jpg

Corn puree, couscous, salmon, rice, sweet potatoes, prime rib with BBQ sauce. Everything was yummy!

My dessert plate...

DSC07767.jpg

Zebra dome, bread pudding, various pastries. I love the zebra domes. Everything else was great, too. I was disappointed they didn't have upsidedown pineapple cheesecake but you can't win them all!

After our dinner and some chatting, Erica headed out and Anna and I decided to walk back behind the pool to see some of the animals.

This is when Seth's allergies kicked in....look at his eye! It was like this off and on the entire trip. :sad2:

DSC07769.jpg

DSC07771.jpg

DSC07774.jpg

Picture of the lobby as we were leaving....

DSC07775.jpg

Ray called me as we were walking about and he was almost there, like 5 minutes away. So I told him to go to the hotel, that we were leaving AKL and I had to go by WWoS to pick up my 5K packet for the next day.

We headed over to WWoS and parked up front so I could run in and get the packet. It was around 7:00ish and I wanted to get Seth in bed by 8:00 if I could, and me shortly after since I had a big day tomorrow. Well, by the time I got to where you pick up your packet, I thought I had already done the 5K....geez! Talk about a long walk. My goodness! Oh, well....at least the zebra domes didn't stay on my thighs too long! :lmao:

Anna got a pic of me walking back to the car.....

DSC07777.jpg

When I noticed her taking my picture, I looked at her like, what are you doing??? She said, "It's your first 5K...it's a big deal! Now strut!" So here's my version of strutting...

DSC07778.jpg

We got back to the hotel and met up with Ray and unloaded his car (he had even more Seth stuff!) and then Luke and Anna headed back to WWoS for the fitness expo she was dying to check out. Ray, Seth and myself headed to the room for an early night - we were all tired!

We were asleep but Anna told me the next day that they played a movie that night at the pool, Tangled, and that they stayed out there for a little while to watch. She said it was really cute!

IMG_3696.jpg

So there you have it, our first full day at Disney World!

Next....my first ever 5K! :tiptoe: (<----that's me running in slow motion.)

What a fun first day! :woohoo:

The picture of you & Seth together on the Safari is adorable!

The phone call between you & Ray totally sounds like something my husband would end up saying! :rotfl:

YAY for getting to ride EE! :yay:

Boma looks delicious!

And girl... your first 5k struttin' is hotttttt ;)

I think that picture of Seth zonked out at Boma is hilarious! Poor sleepy little man!

Glad your DH got in early but boo for the speeding ticket!

Good luck in your 5K!

Dawn, is your hair naturally curly? Do you flat iron it? I really like it both ways! :) Mine will not stay straight in FL, it frizzes right up and then is really curly.

It looks like both boys were having fun digging! :) Seth is too cute in his Mickey shirt.

Ray should have asked you if you wanted the good surprise or the bad surprise first. ;) That's a spendy ticket. Ouch!

Boma looks yummy. It's on my next-trip list! :thumbsup2

And I have to say that Anna sounds like a fantastic friend. :goodvibes

My Monkey !!!! :love:

You sure did have a full day Friday. I didn't even realize Tangled was playing I would have sat by the pool on Friday night. :confused3

I think you did great with having Seth and being able to change gears and figure out fast how to handle the situation.

I know you told me Ray came down early but I didn't realize he missed you that much to speed and get a ticket. :laughing: Ouch on the cost of the ticket.

Fun beginning to your WDW trip. Luke has gotten so tall, all grown up at 7 y/o. That was our first day of our trip, it was so hot that day. DHS was more manageable, then we went to AK from 3-close. Wow, what a hot hot park. We skipped FOLK due to the heat, and opted for Nemo show instead.
Seth looks like he was having fun, too bad about his allergies though. Haven't been with small children in so long, but the baby care centers look like a great place to chill and refresh. Did you ever find them to be busy? It just looks relaxing.

WWOS is so large, I was there on Saturday 10/1 to pick up our gift cards for the Finish Line party at EPCOT. Luckily it was not so hot on Saturday, but there was not great instruction on where to pick up the gift cards. I walked to the expo, down the stairs to find out I needed to go to the Team Store outside the expo. I walked half way back to the car, to the Team Store to be told I needed to go to the Team store at the stadium. Which was across from the Expo hall. Whew, I was running out of time quick, and definitely out of breath. I was picking up 10.00 gift cards for the 6 of us in our group, otherwise I might have headed right back to the car! Not the best memory of the trip for sure.:confused:

I can't believe how big Luke is!

Seth's poor eye!

oh....I'm guessing the guy is playing with an invisiable basketball...

Woo Hoo to score front seat on EE.:thumbsup2

Ah Boma!! Love that place (yes the Zebra Domes). We are eating there in April.

Poor Seth with his allergies.:sad2:

Love riding EE in the front...great pics! All things considered, Seth did great...he's such a smiley little guy!

Great start Dawn! I'm glad your car trip went okay, and the boys traveled well together!:thumbsup2 Looks like your hotel is a fun place to stay with little ones.

You actually got some good pics at AK with your phone. :goodvibes It's great how you and Anna took turns so that the kids were entertained and fed. Anna is a good friend!:lovestruc Seth did pretty well, and it's great that you took things at his pace.

Looking forward to your 5K day!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter