2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you receive your refillable mug on the dining plan, do you get them (and activate them) at the Beach Club Marketplace? Can you refill your mug at Hurricane Hanna's too?

Does Cape May Cafe still have the chocolate oreo things for dessert at dinner? I forget what they're called. Thanks!

Thanks Dee. I have lurked these boards for years but never took the time to post. Most of the time, the questions were answered before I could get a chance to add my two cents. You do a wonderful job of maintaining this thread.

I average 2-3 trips a year to the BCV. I actually did 4 in 2013-in spring with DH Ron to celebrate our 50th bdays, in Summer with DD Nicki (now 16) and DH, in October for F&W with DGF and at Christmas with the DH and DD again. I will try to do a better job of pulling my weight on the boards.

Can I just add that we love Teena! Don't feel like I have been to Disney until we have gotten our Teena fix. DH has accused me of stalking!!! Hope to see you on 4/6 & 7.

I did want to chime in on the whole rental car thing. We have driven our own car from Maryland, rented cars and used DME. It comes down to a cost benefit to us. We like to buy fresh veggies, certain alcoholic beverages, fruits, cheese and snacks etc at the grocery/liquor stores. We have looked into Garden Grocer but found it is actually cheaper to get a 1 day rental from the on property rental car company if we can't find a reasonable priced full trip rental from the airport than it is to use the Garden Grocer service. We also have access to options we wouldn't have with Garden Grocer. We love the ability to pop out to an off property location.

With regards to DTD, in the past it has been easiest to drive. Now that they have closed several of the parking areas at DTD, we found ourselves parking across the street from Cirque du Soliel in the evening and it took took us about 35 minutes to walk to Marketplace once we were parked. This was true in both October and at Christmas. If you are there earlier in the day, the parking situation is better. So wondering if the bus might end up being a wash right now?

Yep, I'll be working 4/6 and 4/7. I'll be off that next Sunday and Monday since Jeanne will be here for Spring Break.

I look forward to catching up with you!

Hi Teena, is this also true for BCV? We still got KTTW cards at Christmas. I hate the tan lines I get with the Magic Bands so I started hooking to belt loops. Do they still distribute the paper bands at the pool?

Miss you! Family will be back with me 6/28-7/10 ish and hoping to see you then as well as when sis and I are there in April. Sorry to hear you have been sick. Loved your pictures of Lily! You will have to join us for cocktails one night!

Yep, KTTW cards are all gone now. Lots of people hook the Magic Bands to their belt loops or to their purse straps. No more paper bands at the pool. You have to wear your magic bands. Which is a good thing IMO. Some people were showing their KTTW cards, getting the paper bands, then going back out and giving their KTTW card to a friend who would use it to get a paper band. Wearing your magic band all the time at the pool will keep people from cheating the system and thus make it less crowded for real Y&B guests. I agree with the tan lines but I got tan lines from the paper bands when we were at SAB last summer.

In April I'll be off on the 13th and 14th.

I'll be there 6/29 and 30 as well as 7/6 and 7. Jeanne and Lily arrive on 7/13 and I'm taking off two weeks starting 7/13. I'll be back at work on 7/27 and 28 even though the girls don't leave until 7/30. Thought taking off 3 weekends was pushing it. We have lots of plans including a stay at the Cabins and another stay at the Grand Floridian. On 7/14 and 7/29 Princess Lily will be at Typhoon Lagoon so keep an eye out if anybody is planning on being there those days. I'll post our other park days when it gets closer. It's so much fun running into people from this thread at the parks. It's funny when people recognize Lily.

I'd love to meet up with you after work one evening. Monday nights are best since I work ten hour shifts and by the time I get home on Sunday night it's 7:30 PM and I'm usually so tired, I'm in bed by 8:30 so I can get up at 5 AM to work on Monday.

When you receive your refillable mug on the dining plan, do you get them (and activate them) at the Beach Club Marketplace? Can you refill your mug at Hurricane Hanna's too?

You get them at the Marketplace and yes, you can use them there plus Hurricane Hanna's.

You guys ROCK. I knew I asked the right people. I was hoping that those would be the answers to my questions, it sounds pretty simple.

The only glitch is that I might need to share a room with another co-worker....but she would be leaving on Wednesday, and my Mom would be checking in....Is it possible to "trade" a person during the same stay/reservation? Has anyone ever done that? According to the website, it would be an additional $15 per night per person.

So one more question....and I'm sure I know the answer....do you think there is anyway I can upgrade my convention rate to the Yacht Club?? I know, I know, probably not, but I am going to call and ask today anyway. I saw in tiny letters at the bottom of the Disney Convention website to call and inquire about "upgrades". No harm in asking, right?

Even though I am staying at the BC twice this year, I just cannot get enough of the YC/BC area, and I know I will miss being there. Seriously, I think they are pumping something addicting along with that awesome lobby smell into the air........

That could be tricky as far as MDE. If there are 3 adults in the room, it is $25 per night per third adult more. As far as "changing" names, that is possible but I think you will have difficulty getting fast passes and DME since on your reservation your mother's name would not show up. Therefore, I don't know how you would be able to book DME or order her a magic band and thus get fast passes.

You get them at the Marketplace and yes, you can use them there plus Hurricane Hanna's.

Thank you!! I saw you 2yrs ago when we stayed at the Beach Club! You were talking to other guests at the time, or I would have said hello. Thanks for all that you do! :goodvibes

Yep, KTTW cards are all gone now. Lots of people hook the Magic Bands to their belt loops or to their purse straps. No more paper bands at the pool. You have to wear your magic bands. Which is a good thing IMO. Some people were showing their KTTW cards, getting the paper bands, then going back out and giving their KTTW card to a friend who would use it to get a paper band. Wearing your magic band all the time at the pool will keep people from cheating the system and thus make it less crowded for real Y&B guests. I agree with the tan lines but I got tan lines from the paper bands when we were at SAB last summer. In April I'll be off on the 13th and 14th. I'll be there 6/29 and 30 as well as 7/6 and 7. Jeanne and Lily arrive on 7/13 and I'm taking off two weeks starting 7/13. I'll be back at work on 7/27 and 28 even though the girls don't leave until 7/30. Thought taking off 3 weekends was pushing it. We have lots of plans including a stay at the Cabins and another stay at the Grand Floridian. On 7/14 and 7/29 Princess Lily will be at Typhoon Lagoon so keep an eye out if anybody is planning on being there those days. I'll post our other park days when it gets closer. It's so much fun running into people from this thread at the parks. It's funny when people recognize Lily. I'd love to meet up with you after work one evening. Monday nights are best since I work ten hour shifts and by the time I get home on Sunday night it's 7:30 PM and I'm usually so tired, I'm in bed by 8:30 so I can get up at 5 AM to work on Monday.

I see what you are saying about the guest thing because less crowded is better-we never tried to take advantage but I am guessing others did. Think I am going to try to connect my band to my bathing suit strap!

Looks like I am going to miss Lily : (. Either Monday in the summer works for us. Will make sure I bring the extra wine glasses :)

Can you please add us to the BOG list. We will be at the BCV 09/07-09/13/2014. This trip is a surprise for my mother's 67th birthday! We are so excited. My son has been a real big help in planning this for his grandmother :) Last time we stayed at the YC and loved it. However this trip is for my Mom and she mentioned how she would love to stay at BCV. Cheers to another surprise trip to Disneyworld :woohoo: Thank you Dee :thumbsup2

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:yay:

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Any suggestions on breaking the news to my husband? :) not YC related, I realize. He's going to think I'm nuts for even considering it, since we just got back on Monday. I had to cancel the last trip I'd planned to take with my mom and I'd really like to take her there again. My mom is one of those very stoic German folks who doesn't show a lot of emotion about anything. The first time I took her (about five years ago), she said it was the best vacation she'd ever taken.

Alright folks, I have a bit of a dilemma...I am always looking for a deal and I found one on Cheap tickets. The issue is for our dates they do not have a BC CL room, but they do have a YC CL room. Is there really a huge difference? It would be almost a $400 savings. Would you switch???

Alright folks, I have a bit of a dilemma...I am always looking for a deal and I found one on Cheap tickets. The issue is for our dates they do not have a BC CL room, but they do have a YC CL room. Is there really a huge difference? It would be almost a $400 savings. Would you switch???

For $400 I would switch. Rooms are pretty much the same, lounge offerings are still fantastic, only real difference is the CMs and the lobby.

In a heartbeat!

I prefer the Beach Club, mainly because I like the lighter décor, but I would also have no problem going to the Yacht Club instead. Even without the big $aving$!

For $400 I would switch. Rooms are pretty much the same, lounge offerings are still fantastic, only real difference is the CMs and the lobby.

Me too! Plus your odds are much higher that you'll have a full balcony at YC. :thumbsup2

I'd like to be included on the list. We are going Nov 2-10, staying at BCV (2-2BR). Our celebrations are our 30th Anniversary and DH retirement. Our whole family is coming with us!! Thanks Love the DisBoards

I'd like to be included on the list. We are going Nov 2-10, staying at BCV (2-2BR). Our celebrations are our 30th Anniversary and DH retirement. Our whole family is coming with us!! Thanks Love the DisBoards

What a fantastic way to celebrate!!!!!

Does Cape May Cafe still have the chocolate oreo things for dessert at dinner? I forget what they're called. Thanks!

I believe I read that they have discontinued the Oreo Bon Bons at Cape May, but I haven't dined there since 2010, so I don't know that for sure.

Can someone who has been there recently answer this definitively?

But they are available for purchase in a 6 pack at the Marketplace- look in the fridges. Not sure of the price.

They have them occasionally as a dessert offering in the club level lounge.

:)

What are my chances of getting a full balcony at the BC on our stay 8/27-9/7??
My reservation is trough *** and I did request a full balcony, but just curious? I know the parks and resorts start to thin out end of auguSt and September. Or, should I try and change my reservation the he YC? Is there any advantage or better things at YC than BC? Rooms same size, etc? We usually stay at the poly, but chose BC due to construction and my kids will love the pool!! Thx!!

p. 43-44

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming trip booked or are you in the planning stages?

:goodvibes

Can you please add us to the BOG list. We will be at the BCV 09/07-09/13/2014. This trip is a surprise for my mother's 67th birthday! We are so excited. My son has been a real big help in planning this for his grandmother :) Last time we stayed at the YC and loved it. However this trip is for my Mom and she mentioned how she would love to stay at BCV. Cheers to another surprise trip to Disneyworld :woohoo: Thank you Dee :thumbsup2

:welcome: back!

I am happy to add you to the Be Our Guest list. What a nice surprise for your mom!

:cool1:

:welcome: to this thread and posting on the DIS.

I'll add you and your celebrations to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

What are my chances of getting a full balcony at the BC on our stay 8/27-9/7??
My reservation is trough *** and I did request a full balcony, but just curious? I know the parks and resorts start to thin out end of auguSt and September. Or, should I try and change my reservation the he YC? Is there any advantage or better things at YC than BC? Rooms same size, etc? We usually stay at the poly, but chose BC due to construction and my kids will love the pool!! Thx!!

About 50% of the rooms at the Beach Club have full balconies. Crowds do typically start to lighten during the last two weeks in August as much of the country goes back to school, and then there is a slight uptick over Labor Day weekend.

The differences in the actual rooms at the BC and YC are not significant- the sizes are the same, the management team at the two resorts is the same. The décor is slightly different (beachy and light vs. nautical and richer tones), the Beach Club is a little closer to EPCOT but not significantly so. If you can change to YC and it will ease any concern about the balcony, you should consider it

:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter