2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright folks, I have a bit of a dilemma...I am always looking for a deal and I found one on Cheap tickets. The issue is for our dates they do not have a BC CL room, but they do have a YC CL room. Is there really a huge difference? It would be almost a $400 savings. Would you switch???

ABSOLUTELY. We switched our last trip because we couldn't get a RO discount for our dates at BC CL. We LOVED the YC too. :cool1:

Is it a savings on top of discount that is out?

We booked for May. At first I booked a regular room at BC for two nights. Then I wanted to add a night. When I looked to add a night there was a deluxe club level available for just that night so I booked that. For two weeks I called back daily and was able to add the other two nights day by day. Now we are staying in a deluxe room for all three nights and I couldn't be more happy. I had always thought that discounted rooms did not go back into the pool once booked but I guess that is not true.

Anyway, my point is that if your dates are within the current discounted dates there is still a possibility that you may be able to get the room you want.

Sorry to change...again. We are now booked at the YC CL same date 6/8-6/12. The savings was HUGE and since we haven't stayed at either resort I am sure it will be GREAT! So so excited, love this thread.

A touch off topic - views on cheapest car hire from Sanford for two weeks, my friend has booked a budget trip and so is flying into Sanford and neither of us has done car hire from there.

Hi, Dee. Thank you so much for keeping up with the BOG list. My family has changed our dates. We were formerly going to be at the YC from June 21-28. We are now going to be at the YC from June 8-15 in a lagoon view CL room. Thank you!

Hi Dee,

Due to unforeseen medical expenses with my mom's care we had to look for ways to cut the cost of our summer trip.

So we switched our trip from July to the *** August package and switched to YC. We saved over $2,000.

So you can once again add us to the BOG list. Our new dates are August 17-27 in a YC GV room.

Hi Dee,

Due to unforeseen medical expenses with my mom's care we had to look for ways to cut the cost of our summer trip.

So we switched our trip from July to the *** August package and switched to YC. We saved over $2,000.

So you can once again add us to the BOG list. Our new dates are August 17-27 in a YC GV room.

So glad your family will still be able to get to the world. Think of your family often! Take care>

Hi Dee,

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom... I hope things are going well for everyone on your end.

BUT! Teena will still be around on the 17th and the 18th. There will be a ton of us from the list going during that time period....
It's too early to plan but Teena will have to tell us which is the better day for her to have a get together after her shift. We could do it in the Solarium or the BCV sitting rooms (Where we could wear out the upholstery by simply sitting on the furniture!!) or even the Captain's Grille for a dinner....

This is gonna be GOOD!

~NM

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom... I hope things are going well for everyone on your end.

BUT! Teena will still be around on the 17th and the 18th. There will be a ton of us from the list going during that time period....
It's too early to plan but Teena will have to tell us which is the better day for her to have a get together after her shift. We could do it in the Solarium or the BCV sitting rooms (Where we could wear out the upholstery by simply sitting on the furniture!!) or even the Captain's Grille for a dinner....

This is gonna be GOOD!

~NM

Definitely on Monday!!! My shift ends at 6:30 PM.

Sorry to change...again. We are now booked at the YC CL same date 6/8-6/12. The savings was HUGE and since we haven't stayed at either resort I am sure it will be GREAT! So so excited, love this thread.

Not a problem!

I'll update the list.

:goodvibes

Hi, Dee. Thank you so much for keeping up with the BOG list. My family has changed our dates. We were formerly going to be at the YC from June 21-28. We are now going to be at the YC from June 8-15 in a lagoon view CL room. Thank you!

Got it!

I'll make the change.

:)

Hi Dee,

So sorry for what you are going through, Robyn! My thoughts are with you and your family.

:hug:

I'll add you to the list.

A touch off topic - views on cheapest car hire from Sanford for two weeks, my friend has booked a budget trip and so is flying into Sanford and neither of us has done car hire from there.

I don't know the answer. If nobody here has any suggestions, I would recommend that you go over to the transportation boards and either read reviews or ask the question there.

:thumbsup2

Just a note to all who are coming to the BCV/BC/YC or WDW in general during the 18th of August. We are having a get together with Teena some place, usually at the hotel complex, after her shift ends. Plans are pending for the location.

ALL are welcome to attend!!

This is a very informal get together so there is no official entry form or fee or any of that other nonsense. It's just a bunch of us getting together to meet and chat for an hour or so. I know most of us are crazy when we go to WDW and we tend to run around from place to place like chickens without heads.... BUT if you'd like to carve a little time out of your touring plan to stop by and say hello we'd love to see you.

There is no pressure to attend, even if you say that you are coming and then you don't make it, because we know how things can happen when you are on vacation. Families are also welcome if you can drag the kids away from the parks and hubby away from the nap. All hubbies who are coming will be provided with a note that says there were only tired old married women in attendance who would never even consider taking on an additional husband.

So there you have it! I'm putting it out there now because most people* have not crafted their touring plans yet. Just as an FYI EPCOT is the most recommended park for Mondays so it pays to have your park plans there that night if you wish. Knowing that might make it easier for you to drop by and say hi!

~NM
* Most people excluding ScottMC and myself who have probably crafted touring plans and pending ADR's eight times over and STILL have not made up our minds!!

PS. I think the date to start making official Disney ADR's for that week starts Feb 15th or something....

PSS Link to touring planning information for August: http://www.easywdw.com/calendar/august-2014-walt-disney-world-crowd-calendar/#more-12739

We are arriving August 17 and I think Feb. 18 is our date.

Ninja Mom - so far all the Dis Meets have been held in the solarium.
It's a great place because there usually arent' any, or very few. people
in there that time of night.

We even had Teena's "baby shower" there!

Definitely on Monday!!! My shift ends at 6:30 PM.

Sounds like our 4th Annual Dis Meet is on!!!!!!

Just a note to all who are coming to the BCV/BC/YC or WDW in general during the 18th of August. We are having a get together with Teena some place, usually at the hotel complex, after her shift ends. Plans are pending for the location.

ALL are welcome to attend!!

This is a very informal get together so there is no official entry form or fee or any of that other nonsense. It's just a bunch of us getting together to meet and chat for an hour or so. I know most of us are crazy when we go to WDW and we tend to run around from place to place like chickens without heads.... BUT if you'd like to carve a little time out of your touring plan to stop by and say hello we'd love to see you.

There is no pressure to attend, even if you say that you are coming and then you don't make it, because we know how things can happen when you are on vacation. Families are also welcome if you can drag the kids away from the parks and hubby away from the nap. All hubbies who are coming will be provided with a note that says there were only tired old married women in attendance who would never even consider taking on an additional husband.

So there you have it! I'm putting it out there now because most people* have not crafted their touring plans yet. Just as an FYI EPCOT is the most recommended park for Mondays so it pays to have your park plans there that night if you wish. Knowing that might make it easier for you to drop by and say hi!

~NM
* Most people excluding ScottMC and myself who have probably crafted touring plans and pending ADR's eight times over and STILL have not made up our minds!!

PS. I think the date to start making official Disney ADR's for that week starts Feb 15th or something....

PSS Link to touring planning information for August: http://www.easywdw.com/calendar/august-2014-walt-disney-world-crowd-calendar/#more-12739

:sad2: we don't transfer to Disney until the 19th. 18th is our last night on the dark side.

That sounds like the plan then!

~NM

That sounds like the plan then!

~NM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter