2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just returned from our first stay at BC the week of Nov 15-22. Although we had another really wonderful time in Disney, I'm still on the fence about our stay at the BC.:(

Totally agree mousefanforever. If you are not going to take advantage of EPCOT the Y&BC may not be the resort for you. And weather from October to March is always iffy.

Bus's can be hit and miss. We had the exact same experience at SSR when we stayed in Nov. 3 AK before any MK. We were at the second stop out of five and many times the busses would fill up after our stop and the last stops had no room. They had to wait.

Thanks for sharing with us. I do hope you received a resort survey so you can share your concerns with Disney.

Breaking News from one of my Disney expert friends:

Memory Maker pre-order price goes up to $169 (from $149) tomorrow.

Thanks for the reminder. I went ahead and ordered it last night before the price went up. This morning the new price is $169. So whoever leaked the rumor was correct about the increase.

This is one of the many times it has paid to hang around the Dis. ;)

Thanks for the reminder. I went ahead and ordered it last night before the price went up. This morning the new price is $169. So whoever leaked the rumor was correct about the increase.

This is one of the many times it has paid to hang around the Dis. ;)

Yes, I looked today, too and saw the price has indeed increased.

I don't know who originally leaked the news, but I got the heads up from the Facebook group "The World of Yesterday, Tommorow and Fantasty" run by two DISers, Missyrose and Franklin (pixeldust). Missy writes the most amazing trip reports which include Franklin's absolutely amazing photos.

I am so glad to hear some people were able to make the purchase before the price increase! I'm happy I did!

:goodvibes

On our way to the airport for Thanksgiving last week, I turned to my husband (he was driving! Not me!) and said "I'm SO excited! I don't know how we'll ever be able to stay anywhere else."

Oh, the look he gave me. He tried to remind me this was a special experience. :rotfl2:

I have a milestone birthday in January 2017. I think that's also worthy of staying in a deluxe, right? (And we typically go every couple of years)

I'm sure I can find something again in 2019.... :rolleyes1

I do love all the information in this thread, even if I am a lurker!

But I have one sort of generic parks question - my husband and I are avid water drinkers. We usually can plow through a case of water on a trip like this. For many reasons, we're debating whether or not we should buy those individual Brita filter bottles. Does anyone know if that helps eliminate the charming flavor of Disney water? Or would we be better off if we also brought along some water flavoring (those drops that you can add, for example)? It would be much nicer to haul in an empty bottle and fill it on the go!

We are home (sadly) from our Thanksgiving stay, which included our last night at the Beach Club, CL, in the new rooms and refurbished lounge… We were first assigned a room without a daybed, so I have pictures from a two-queen beds room and pictures from a two-queen beds and a daybed room. I'm not sure what's already been posted in other threads, but I know that the new lounge was photographed somewhere here on the Dis when it briefly opened earlier, so I didn't take any pictures in the lounge.

Here are the hallways. The wallpaper is almost appears as a dark charcoal gray, definitely giving the BC a darker and richer tone in the halls. The doors are painted an interesting color of teal, which I would hate alone, but works well with the decor. The top of the walls with the beadboard is painted a lovely shade of light green. The carpeting is very nice, and I think will hide stains well.

2EB046E7-8BEB-448A-979C-CCE3E919E8A2.jpg

89212FCE-726D-40CE-AA7A-6D356743998F.jpg

AAE461A0-CA15-4F46-ABA3-09CCF0DA7C10.jpg

This is the wallpaper. I really like the subtle seaweed/underwater theming.

E18BFFEE-0C8D-4E47-84DD-1ED8C2AECD69.jpg

Pictures of room in next thread...

This was the 2Q room (can't remember the number, but it overlooked a roof and SAB). No curtains in this room since it had a single door and a window to access the balcony.

7E054C6C-BFE9-4C79-A666-839577C8B8FA.jpg

And here is the room with the daybed.

88BDF017-C119-4AD4-8E1A-F5B25BBE5D1C.jpg

D1DDD1A0-092C-4777-A3AC-2017A2F88646.jpg

Further details:

Daybed:

4F8D630E-D4BA-4D76-9C0E-8DD30DFF0827.jpg

Daybed fabric closeup:

0E820716-DE28-4ECE-8F51-32458FAED6F6.jpg

Bed:

B5820707-00FA-4B6D-850E-1A43964EE2F8.jpg

Runner on bottom of bed:

7700C6A4-BC35-43A9-B6E3-607902B1AC1A.jpg

Wall art:

76403B6E-1A5C-4B83-989B-0ACD36F986C2.jpg

AD4089C4-C624-49E8-8EDD-FEF1B3B17CE4.jpg

Desk (2 plugs and 2 powered USBs)

7C297A5D-58B3-4E74-81CF-4C0B732F4A42.jpg

Room wallpaper:

B281FF63-F12A-4535-AE35-40823BC50F4B.jpg

Bathroom & vanity area:

15B0D858-380A-4FD2-BAEE-165195615E75.jpg

BA553117-FFA0-4FD0-9651-294856C5319E.jpg

Vanity wallpaper:

E487846A-9EEB-42B0-BC03-91D983C58D55.jpg

Bathroom:

B6D6E71C-EFFB-4ACF-9321-6B80D645C0ED.jpg

Closeup of shower curtain (and hidden Mickey!)

C65C552D-3AF5-4C48-8662-177F77634C47.jpg

F2BC15F6-EAD5-45B0-965B-11FB3CCBF45D.jpg

Flooring in bathroom/vanity area (the same as the floor in the BW remodel, I think…)

5B33ECB6-3339-4FA6-A821-43517D70ADC5.jpg

Closeup of mirror in bathroom:

5E4D62D5-FA6D-446E-A886-695AF5A5D12A.jpg

Sink:

2E075541-7B52-48F3-A252-37DF52D8E37F.jpg

Armoire opened to see available drawer space (we didn't unpack, but there is definitely less drawer space than there was before since the entry dresser with drawers were removed--that's where the fridge has been moved to):

74070480-220F-464B-8FFC-9390887064FB.jpg

Fridge cabinet in entry hallway:

9B7A9DF8-0280-4274-BF6C-63B726577DE1.jpg

Available plugs and powered USBs on both sides of the tv armoire:

49C12253-CDAF-4731-9EAF-C9295A249E07.jpg

(total of 6 powered USB plugs available)

New iHome alarm clock with docking station for iPhone 5s. In the background, you can also see power strip with 2 plugs and 2 powered USBs

56957768-EE6A-4C58-8EB2-4F712108A6ED.jpg

6053D1D4-C33A-4EB2-9ABE-092883638750.jpg

Thanks for posting the great pics, thisismyusername.

So, the Disney touch I noticed was Mickey and Minnie in the "artwork". Did I also see some abstract upside-down Mickey heads in the shower curtain, or am I really reaching? If they are really there, whoever fabricated the shower curtains ran the fabric in the wrong direction.

Not that it should be my concern, but that light-colored carpet in the room will be really hard to stay clean-looking; though attractive, the color is just not practical.

And, what do you know? The tower is missing from the nightstand!

Thanks for posting all those pictures. The detail is amazing! The new design is very classy looking, a big change from the way it used to look.

I am glad to see that they put some non-wood surfaces on the nightstand, cabinet that has the refrigerator and coffee service, and on the TV stand. That will help to keep the furniture looking nice longer. I had been in a recently remodeled room at the Wilderness Lodger in February 2013 and the rooms looked great. Unfortunately when we were there this past Oct, just two years after the refurb, some of the wooden furniture surfaces were already ruined by water damage. I'm glad to see that the designers were a little more sensible at the BC. :)

On our way to the airport for Thanksgiving last week, I turned to my husband (he was driving! Not me!) and said "I'm SO excited! I don't know how we'll ever be able to stay anywhere else."

Oh, the look he gave me. He tried to remind me this was a special experience. :rotfl2:

I have a milestone birthday in January 2017. I think that's also worthy of staying in a deluxe, right? (And we typically go every couple of years)

I'm sure I can find something again in 2019.... :rolleyes1

I do love all the information in this thread, even if I am a lurker!

But I have one sort of generic parks question - my husband and I are avid water drinkers. We usually can plow through a case of water on a trip like this. For many reasons, we're debating whether or not we should buy those individual Brita filter bottles. Does anyone know if that helps eliminate the charming flavor of Disney water? Or would we be better off if we also brought along some water flavoring (those drops that you can add, for example)? It would be much nicer to haul in an empty bottle and fill it on the go!

I have not used the Brita filter bottles personally, but I have seen them recommended before. What my mother and I like to do is take reusable water bottles into the park and then simply ask for a cup of ice. The ice melts relatively quickly, even in January weather. I believe the water used for ice is filtered as I've never had a problem with it.

I just looked at the shower curtain picture, again, on a large monitor. This time, I think I found the "hidden" Mickeys, in the folds of the curtain, right side up (they go in both directions).

Yes, the Mickeys are up and down. My kids LOVE those details!

As far as rehabs go, I think this one is beautiful! Our last stay at the BC was a real disappointment 1.5 years ago: Our room was in really bad shape, and the hallways were in terrible condition, so I had been eagerly looking forward to this rehab since we love staying at the BC/YC, but the poor condition of the rooms and some issues with customer service really had soured us on the resort. I really feel like the room and the decor reflects the price I'm paying, as well as still has those subtle Disney touches that bring the theming together, without using characters (which, IMO, is what the values are good at doing and where that sort of theming should stay).

Let's put it this way, we had come from staying RPC in the GF, and the BC was no disappointment and didn't feel at all like we had stepped down in anyway.

I was also very pleased that the CL staff was much more attentive and welcoming than our two previous disappointments at the YC this past year. I don't know if they've stepped up their service, or we just caught them at a good time, but we had a good experience staying CL and dealing with friendly and attentive CMs.

We'll definitely be back next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts