2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just called Disney and changed reservation from POFQ to Beach Club (1. March to 6. March). We were told that they will renovate the pool but there were no more details.
So I hope DIS is right and the lazy river will open on 4th March :-)
PS: Never imagined how much planning you need for a Disney World vacation... 180 days ADRs, 60 days Fast Pass... do we need anything more?
It is a lot of planning. It's a good idea to get an idea of how to tour, and which park is least crowded each day. I like the Free Crowd Calendar on Easy Disney. It has in green, which is the least crowded parks daily. Also a good cheat sheet. The idea is to minimize time spent in lines. A good guide book for your first visit is helpful too. I like WDW, The Unofficial Guide. They also have good touring plans!!

84 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Question about Captains Grille...what's the likelihood of just walking in for Breakfast? Not a fan of committing to a morning ADR if we feel we have enough fuel to go straight to the parks :)
Pretty good chance I think. When we had breakfast it wasn't crowded, although it was my leaving day, so we had a late breakfast.

Hello BC/YC fans!

A few things...

1. Most importantly, I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving with friends, family, or with blessed peace & quiet!

2. Still loving those sneak peek pics of the newly renovated rooms at BC, but I have to agree with others, the step stool contraption on the end table looks ridiculous! Sometimes, when newly renovated rooms are first revealed, things change before the reno is complete, hopefully that thing will be rethought. Otherwise....stunning! Dee, I'd love to see the Mickey and Minnie pic that is hanging on the wall if you have access to it!

3. I just made an online purchase that I'm excited about. I love bringing a little bit of WDW home with me! On the Sobel Westex site, they are currently having a Black Friday 30% off pillows sale, AND offering free shipping on orders over $75. For my 2 most recent trips to YC and my most recent trip to the GF, I fell hard (asleep) for the pillows. I have a very sensitive neck...no headaches...only neck aches, and I'm particular about my pillows, and I loved the ones at YC and GF. They are by Sobel and they are called "Dolce Notte II." I just ordered 4, for a total of $62 and change. That's a killer deal, as full price with shipping is close to $100. Just wanted to pass the information on!
I love those pillows too! Very comfy.

P.S. There are now 6 powered USB plugs in the remodel. 4 by the tv, 2 on the nightstand and 2 on the desk. Very glad to see them!

Thank you to the posters with upcoming stays who provided copies of the letters they received about upcoming work on Stormalong Bay and the Beach Club room refurbs.

This was sent to a guest with a January stay. Dates of the work on SAB are not referenced, only that the described closures will take place during their stay.

SAB maintenance, winter 2015

This letter discusses the refurbishment work that will be happening at the Beach Club in the coming months.

Refurbishment work at Beach Club, winter 2014-15

Letters are sent to guests who book their trips directly through Disney by phone or via the website. This information is also provided to third party agents (travel agents, AAA, Travelocity, etc) and it is their responsibility to pass the letters to their clients.

We got a letter last Friday for our January stay about the pool maintenance and we are booked through a travel agent. Letter came directly from Disney which I thought was odd it did not go to the travel agent.

Checking into YC for one night on Saturday!! Looking forward to being close to Epcot for CLP/Illuminations and DHS for the lights!!

Breaking News from one of my Disney expert friends:

Memory Maker pre-order price goes up to $169 (from $149) tomorrow.

Thank you so much for the December activity calendar! You are the best. I appreciate all of your help through the planning process. :thumbsup2

Dee - really getting excited now -thanks for the calendar! Next Tuesday, December 9th, is our actual anniversary, a week from tonight we will be dining at Yachtsman. :goodvibes

Rebecca

Breaking News from one of my Disney expert friends: Memory Maker pre-order price goes up to $169 (from $149) tomorrow. .

Thanks for this information... I was planning to add this before our trip which is fast approaching so I will do it now!

Breaking News from one of my Disney expert friends:

Memory Maker pre-order price goes up to $169 (from $149) tomorrow.

Thanks for the reminder... I had heard this earlier today and forgot to add it to the February trip... never do this, but thought this trip would be the perfect thing to add!

~N

Just returned from our first stay at BC the week of Nov 15-22. Although we had another really wonderful time in Disney, I'm still on the fence about our stay at the BC. I was a little disappointed in the transportation. The boats were wonderful but the buses were really hit or miss. We had one really horrible day where we ended up paying for a cab to MK because the line for the bus was so long I didn't think we could afford to wait that long. We were there an hour before park opening and had no chance to make rope drop with the line so long. 3 AK buses came and no MK one. The line just kept growing and was about 100 people waiting! Unacceptable for a Deluxe resort. Had a few annoying problems in our room too. Closet door kept falling off the track and our fridge froze all the water and had this horrible buzzing noise. Drove me nuts at night! I wasn't impressed with marketplace either. No seating and very limited QS options. The pool was beautiful but very far from our room. The bonus was we were right next to Epcot walkway and the quiet pool and hot tub. That was nice. Too bad we only went to Epcot for dinner one night. The weather was unseasonably cold that week so we unfortunately didn't get to enjoy the pool like we had hoped. That might helped improve the whole experience? Still Loving the WL and Kinda wished we had stayed there:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter