2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! :goodvibes

I promise I looked on page 1 and several (several) pages back....

I am trying to verify the information regarding the rumored BC (namely CL) refurb.

When is that supposed to happen? And is it more than a rumor?

Thanks! :goodvibes

We have stayed at BC CL several times, but never YC. My question is how are these 2 CL's different? Do they pretty much have the same offerings? Thanks!

Day 2

I had rented a car for this trip to try and keep DH off Disney transportation as much as possible. The reason for this is we live in NYC and though I take public transportation every day he HATES it and takes it as little as possible!! So we got up early and walked over to the Dolphin to pick up the car. I've rented from this location before so finding it and picking up was really easy! We then headed over to Animal Kingdom Lodge, this is where we are DVC members. I thought he should at least see where we actually own! We didn't stay there this time because I thought for his first visit we should stay where there were lots of things to do within walking distance for the evenings. After we visited AKL we went over to Wilderness Lodge for breakfast at Whispering Canyon. We had plenty of time before our reservation, so we walked around and decided that we would both like to stay there at some point! Beautiful place!! We were once again early for breakfast reservation, but they weren't busy and took us an hour early. We were going to go over to the Camp Grounds to look around because DH had a 2:45 reservation for the Archery Experience, but again we were VERY early so we decided to take the boat over to Magic Kingdom, so during breakfast I quickly made some fast pass reservations and we headed over. We arrived in enough time to purchase my new Mickey Mouse watch from Main Street Jewelers and then head over to Buzz just at the end of our first fast pass time! Once buzz was finished we headed to Carousel of Progress. DH rode this for the first time at the NY Worlds Fair when it first came out...It's changed just a little! I thought it best not to take him on Space Mountain, so we headed towards the fast passed Runaway Train (he did fine on that roller coaster). It was crazy hot on Thursday so it was time for a snack and a icey cold water while we waited 15 mins for fast passed Haunted Mansion!! Thursday it was kind of busy in the Magic Kingdom, but still fun! It was time to head over to the Camp Grounds for the Archery Experience so we took the boat back over to Wilderness Lodge to get the car because I was told we could park at the Campgrounds and then take the internal bus yellow or orange line to the bike barn for the archery... when I went to valet I checked and they were adamant that we could not park there and needed to take the bus from WL to the campgrounds and then take the internal bus... well the bus took to long to come and we missed the reservation :sad1: So we headed back to the BCV's where I called the tours number and explained what happened and was told they would not change me since it was a lack of communication.

While DH took his daily nap I took a walk over to the boardwalk... I do lots of walking everyday and felt I needed extra while there because of all the food and drink that was happening!!!

Dinner was at Bongo's, but before dinner I went to see Teena who was meeting friends of hers who turned out to be HockeyMom and her husband, so I got a two for one and a mini Dis meet!! I left them when my DH showed up so we could head to Downtown Disney for dinner. DH loved Downtown Disney and he loved Bongos as much as me!! Bongos is my favorite restaurant in all of Disney!! We walked from the Westside to the Market Place and back before heading back to BCV's and then back over to Jelly Rolls and Atlantic Hall!!

So that was day two just as great as day one!! Next up we'll see how the need for speed works out!!

~N

Buzzy wants to go to Bongos!!! We can leave Ninja Mom in the Lego store, you know how she is easily entertained so that should keep her distracted while we feast. There is no chance I'm letting her near Cuban food after that Mexican restaurant fiasco we had the last time. I still can't get those stains out....

Besame Mucho, Buzzy

Buzzy wants to go to Bongos!!! We can leave Ninja Mom in the Lego store, you know how she is easily entertained so that should keep her distracted while we feast. There is no chance I'm letting her near Cuban food after that Mexican restaurant fiasco we had the last time. I still can't get those stains out....

Besame Mucho, Buzzy

Lol!

Loving the reports Nannette! Sounds like you had a great trip.

Just an hour or so ago my husband was talking about wanting to try some Cuban food someday, and I was quick to point out that we should go to Bongos at DTD. Good to hear it is a favourite of yours.

Looking forward to more updates...

Besame Mucho, Buzzy

Geez Buzzy!.... I SAID I was SORRY! ....and besides, How much can 3 pairs of socks and Croc's cost fer cryin out loud!!

That Lego store does sound interesting.... ::yes::
Do they let the kids, I mean adults play with the toys???

~NM

Hi! :goodvibes

I promise I looked on page 1 and several (several) pages back....

I am trying to verify the information regarding the rumored BC (namely CL) refurb.

When is that supposed to happen? And is it more than a rumor?

Thanks! :goodvibes

Pretty sure it is more than a rumor, but we haven't had any verification of the actual start date, which is why I haven't put anything up on Page 1 yet.

We have been told that the work will happen "next year", possibly starting in January. Work will start on the 5th floor, with the club lounge expansion, then move on to the club level rooms. When the 5th floor is finished, work will start on the fourth floor and so on.

Parts of the resort that are being worked on will be blocked off from guests so there is not a disruption to vacationers.

At this point, we don't have an idea of how long the work will take.

Pretty sure it is more than a rumor, but we haven't had any verification of the actual start date, which is why I haven't put anything up on Page 1 yet.

We have been told that the work will happen "next year", possibly starting in January. Work will start on the 5th floor, with the club lounge expansion, then move on to the club level rooms. When the 5th floor is finished, work will start on the fourth floor and so on.

Parts of the resort that are being worked on will be blocked off from guests so there is not a disruption to vacationers.

At this point, we don't have an idea of how long the work will take.

Thanks Dee! I even tried to do process of elimination in trying to book CL at various times but it was available every month I tried. :goodvibes

Thanks Dee! I even tried to do process of elimination in trying to book CL at various times but it was available every month I tried. :goodvibes

I don't think the plan is to close CL to bookings at all. While the lounge is being expanded, the lounge offerings will be in the Presidential Suite. I wonder if bookings to the Presidential Suite have been or will be blocked???

The lounge and rooms will continue to be open throughout the refurb process as far as I know.

At no time with CL will unavailable during rehab. Rehab happens at every resort around every five years. It's not a biggy. They just take out sections of a floor at a time and while the fifth floor is being done, the only thing that will alter your experience is that the actual lounge will be moved to the Presidential Suite during the time the actual lounge is being renovated.

And yes, the Presidential Suite is being blocked.

The CMs have not been given a definite start date. Originally it was Fall 2013. Last I heard it was January 2014 but no definitive date has been released.

At no time with CL will unavailable during rehab. Rehab happens at every resort around every five years. It's not a biggy. They just take out sections of a floor at a time and while the fifth floor is being done, the only thing that will alter your experience is that the actual lounge will be moved to the Presidential Suite during the time the actual lounge is being renovated.

And yes, the Presidential Suite is being blocked.

The CMs have not been given a definite start date. Originally it was Fall 2013. Last I heard it was January 2014 but no definitive date has been released.

Hmmmm, well we are currently booked at BWI CL. We stayed at YC CL in April, and fell in love with the Epcot area, but really enjoyed BC/YC. My kids though, really want SAB and we are going next August, so it would be nice.

Think we would have a good chance of an actual open lounge and refurbed room in late August? :scratchin

Hmmmm, well we are currently booked at BWI CL. We stayed at YC CL in April, and fell in love with the Epcot area, but really enjoyed BC/YC. My kids though, really want SAB and we are going next August, so it would be nice.

Think we would have a good chance of an actual open lounge and refurbed room in late August? :scratchin

If it starts in January or February, I'm sure the new lounge will be open. Personally I'd be hoping I was there during the lounge rehab so I could hang out in the huge Presidential Suite instead of the lounge. You can always see or book a regular room and use the regular lounge. How many people can say they hung out in the Presidential Suite??

If it starts in January or February, all the fifth floor rooms would be completed by August I would think.

Teena - Hope you are feeling better this morning! :hug:

Nannette - Sounds like you had a great "first trip" with you DH! ::yes::

For those of you who check-in late Oct into Nov. Illumination and Fantasmic options for FP+ opened up for Nov. dates. :wizard:

I just booked ours this morning.

Did the dr say what you have? I hope you start feeling better soon!:thumbsup2

Nope ... she wasn't sure. Said I had a slight fever too. Both glands are swollen and right jaw hurts and ear feels like it's loaded with water. Throat sore but not horribly. It was rough at work the last two days. I slept 12 hours last night .. hopefully that will help too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter