Who's already planning for 2017 or 2018

I am SO relieved! While going to WDW is something I can't wait to do either, with so many things being booked up far in advance, it's better to have more time to plan and to have your reservations early too! In that case, DEFINITELY look at the Unofficial Guide to WDW, and see if you would want to get that. Hold off on actually buying a copy of the Birnbaum book until the 2018 version comes out in Sept, because it has coupons for the the year on the cover that you may be able to use.

And if you decide to go toward the end of January instead, we will be there with our 4 yr old and we could meet up!

I'm showing my total lack of Disney knowledge here, but please point me to this Birnbaum book you speak of!

Teach me all the things, please!!!!!

We haven't settled on 2018 dates yet and we really need to get rolling; oldest will have more vacation time available but my younger two switched schools and I don't know how flexible their new one is on missing days, so our idea about going in January might be out. I don't worry about crowds, etc; they are what they are when they are, and we go when we are able to go and that's just all there is to it...but it's sure getting more complicated as the kids get older!

Going in two weeks, but can't figure out when in 2018 we would like to go yet, if we go. If our trip in two weeks turns out bad, we may forgo Disney for a while. It has been 2 years since we have actually been in the parks.

But if most goes well, I am thinking in early May or early December of 2018. Was thinking of doing a value, but with tour groups, I am now thinking of Saratoga Springs or Old Key West.

I am SO relieved! While going to WDW is something I can't wait to do either, with so many things being booked up far in advance, it's better to have more time to plan and to have your reservations early too! In that case, DEFINITELY look at the Unofficial Guide to WDW, and see if you would want to get that. Hold off on actually buying a copy of the Birnbaum book until the 2018 version comes out in Sept, because it has coupons for the the year on the cover that you may be able to use.

And if you decide to go toward the end of January instead, we will be there with our 4 yr old and we could meet up!
Thanks for all of this!!!! I missed the integral part... feb / march of 2018!! Not two months from now, but I wish it was!!! I'm so anxious to go.

I've got some time, but this is all great and very helpful information! I'm new to this board and I'm looking forward to leaning on the what I'm learning is a very knowledgeable community!

good thing you have time! if you want to do character breakfasts and bibbity bobbity boutique for her in the magic kingdom, I would definitely suggest setting an alert in your calendar for 160 before. Those book FAST especially for the earlier times. I waited too long and now we are eating breakfast at 10:30 at Chef Mickey! It works out ok though cause we get in around 11pm the night before, so hoping the kiddos will sleep in that morning! hehe! We are going April 20-30 this year and are soooo excited! My daughter will be 2 months shy of 4 and my son will be 6! We went this time last year and the weather was perfect and the crowds weren't bad!

Can I just scream: I am going to Disney NEXT year. Not in 2 years, not in 3 years but next year...ok 18 months but 2018...wooo hooo..

I agree with you it is super exciting to say, I am going to WDW next year! :dancer:

In 2018 I will be turning 30 and I will be going to WDW. It will also be my husbands first going to WDW. I have already decided where I am staying and some of my ADRs. I have to figure out what else I want to. One thing for sure is the Tea in the Garden View in the Grand Floridian.

The Tea at the Grand Floridian looks like it would be a really lovely experience.
Since it will be your husband's first trip - I suggest you do not do what I did on my husband's first trip. I planned everything out Commando Style and was pushing /dragging the poor guy down Main Street so fast just to get to Splash Mountain first thing in the morning:eek::faint:-- he still talks about how he just wanted to stop and pause for a brief time to absorb the atmosphere on Main Street.
Unfortunately, he is not a Disney nut like I am and is not too keen on WDW. So, I may have impacted his lack of love for Disney negatively on that trip. So, just remember to allow him lots of input, and perhaps even let him have take the lead a few times to just go with the flow.

Just finished DL on Dec 30th, going back Dec 22-29, 2018.

Simultaneously hoping Star Wars is open by then and dreading the possibility that Star Wars is open by then.
Totally understand this! As a fan you want to experience it but then you know that when it opens it will bring in huge crazy crowds and lots of complications to your planning.
:chewy:

End of January is so tempting because of the prices, but we live in the northeast and it's tough to bank on the weather. We sent my mother down to Florida last year for a week vacation to visit her parents (they are snowbirds) and she missed three days of her trip because we got a huge snow storm on the day she was planning to leave. She was so upset and we lost so much money because we had to reschedule her flights (I will never NOT buy travel insurance again!!!)

We're still at risk of snow in late feb / early march but it's much less likely... I was reallllly hoping to be down there for her 4th birthday (march 25th) but I want to avoid spring break crowds as much as possible. Such a balance!!!!!

I agree, the winter weather is hard to plan for regarding traveling to and from WDW.
Your daughter and my daughter have the same birthday, March 25. My daughter will be 14 this March.

We haven't settled on 2018 dates yet and we really need to get rolling; oldest will have more vacation time available but my younger two switched schools and I don't know how flexible their new one is on missing days, so our idea about going in January might be out. I don't worry about crowds, etc; they are what they are when they are, and we go when we are able to go and that's just all there is to it...but it's sure getting more complicated as the kids get older!

Unfortunately, that is definitely the case with me and the added fact that I am a teacher too and have to go when all the rest of the United States is on summer break too.

We leave 90 days from today!!! It seems so far away, but I literally cannot wait! 10 whole days in Orlando! 5 days in Disney Parks and 1 day at Universal (Harry Potter nerd here)!

Unfortunately, that is definitely the case with me and the added fact that I am a teacher too and have to go when all the rest of the United States is on summer break too.

YEP! I think we're truly going to end up being "second week of June" people until my kids are done with school.

Birthday trip December 2018, not sure when probably early December.
Have not decided on number of days, will probably rent points and stay at BWV.
Being able to walk to Epcot and HS is great, but who knows some place new might be fun.

We'll be there around the same time! Our monster group of 16 is already expanding. But the more, the magical! pixiedust:

If you have done breakfast at Chef Mickey, can you tell me the prices? Or if you know the prices for breakfast! Trying to see if all my gift cards will cover our meals while there. We have 2 adults and 2 kids that will be eating! Thanks!

Trying to recall from memory as we did Chef Mickey back in Summer of 2015. It was roughly around $120-$150 for us (2 adults 3 kids). I also went to AllEars.net and this is what they quoted

"The general price ranges for this meal are as follows:
Adult price range: $36.01 - $42.46; Child (ages 3-9) price range: $19.10 - $23.29"

So hope that helps

Trying to recall from memory as we did Chef Mickey back in Summer of 2015. It was roughly around $120-$150 for us (2 adults 3 kids). I also went to AllEars.net and this is what they quoted

"The general price ranges for this meal are as follows:
Adult price range: $36.01 - $42.46; Child (ages 3-9) price range: $19.10 - $23.29"

So hope that helps

Thanks! I saw that range and estimated about $150 after tip, just wanted to see if anyone had anything more accurate! I went on the high ends too just to be safe!

Thanks! I saw that range and estimated about $150 after tip, just wanted to see if anyone had anything more accurate! I went on the high ends too just to be safe!

To see actual prices just go to the Disney website- Parks and Travel and look at the dining options for the menus. There are other sites that also post the actual menus to help with planning too.

I've started some preliminary planning but there's not much to do until Disney opens up the 2018 resort booking (it's driving me nuts lol).

I have the tickets but that's all I've got going for me.

I've started some preliminary planning but there's not much to do until Disney opens up the 2018 resort booking (it's driving me nuts lol).

I have the tickets but that's all I've got going for me.
We have a placeholder reservation, so we know the number of days and when we are going. Based on that, I worked out which parks to go to which days, and I am now trying to nail down which meals we want reservations for. It helps that we are going at one of the slower times of the year, so that we aren't as dependent on crowd calendars. And while I still have 3 months before our restaurant reservations can be booked, I am expecting to be busy the month before then, so I want to make sure that I am completely ready for the first day I can call for ADRs. I expect my FP planning will not be done as far in advance!

We just got back from a great stay at BCV and we are already planning a 2018 trip! Tentative, yet prettty firm dates are 5/26-6/2. Split stay between AKV and VWL(BRV). This will be mostly a resort only trip with only a couple of park days. Mostly pool and down time. We also want to check out Disney springs. We are looking at potentially buying into DVC and want to check out a couple more resorts before making our final decision.

We just got back from a great stay at BCV and we are already planning a 2018 trip! Tentative, yet prettty firm dates are 5/26-6/2. Split stay between AKV and VWL(BRV). This will be mostly a resort only trip with only a couple of park days. Mostly pool and down time. We also want to check out Disney springs. We are looking at potentially buying into DVC and want to check out a couple more resorts before making our final decision.

Hello! Glad you had a great time! We had a lovely time at Poly last week, but were surprised we both liked wilderness lodge more. I'm considering buying Boulder ridge or Copper Creek. DH really wants to be in the building, and a happy DH is a happy Disney trip.

We are changing our travel pattern to be in mid Dec, every other year, starting Dec 2018. BRV buy-in cost would equal approx rack rate in 2 trips, while CCV would take 4, but it seems like we would surely go at least that many times. (I am using WL rack rate, as I don't see historical discounts for this time, and unless I get a PIN code, rack rate may be likely.). If I would get a discount, it would take 3 and 6 trips potentially to approximately equal the cost of paying cash.

I think we would need home resort advantage during this December time at CCV in about 3 - 4 years, but I'm not really sure about that.

Or, we could buy BLT instead of either (lower dues), and take CCV whenever we can get it once it's more heavily bought. While not my favorite resort aesthetically, when we were at MK - as we were leaving each time I would look longingly at bay lake and think, we could be home in 5 minutes if we were there. (And in reverse with the longing look for those 7am starts!)

Hello! Glad you had a great time! We had a lovely time at Poly last week, but were surprised we both liked wilderness lodge more. I'm considering buying Boulder ridge or Copper Creek. DH really wants to be in the building, and a happy DH is a happy Disney trip.

We are changing our travel pattern to be in mid Dec, every other year, starting Dec 2018. BRV buy-in cost would equal approx rack rate in 2 trips, while CCV would take 4, but it seems like we would surely go at least that many times. (I am using WL rack rate, as I don't see historical discounts for this time, and unless I get a PIN code, rack rate may be likely.). If I would get a discount, it would take 3 and 6 trips potentially to approximately equal the cost of paying cash.

I think we would need home resort advantage during this December time at CCV in about 3 - 4 years, but I'm not really sure about that.

Or, we could buy BLT instead of either (lower dues), and take CCV whenever we can get it once it's more heavily bought. While not my favorite resort aesthetically, when we were at MK - as we were leaving each time I would look longingly at bay lake and think, we could be home in 5 minutes if we were there. (And in reverse with the longing look for those 7am starts!)

I'm glad you had a great trip! We visited WL for dinner one night and walked around the pool area and to the new bar/Grille area and my husband fell in love with it. It is a gorgeous resort. I think if we do buy DVC, we will probably end up with this being our home resort. But I want to stay at AKV just in case, lol.

I'm glad you had a great trip! We visited WL for dinner one night and walked around the pool area and to the new bar/Grille area and my husband fell in love with it. It is a gorgeous resort. I think if we do buy DVC, we will probably end up with this being our home resort. But I want to stay at AKV just in case, lol.

A good idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts