Who here uses CM's SBC+ for digital scrapping?

You're welcome! Sorry it took me a bit to answer you here.

Sometimes you just don't know what the files are saved in before you download. So, just do it and then delete anything later on that isn't compatable.

And yes, you can select and keep only a few items from a kit. Once you download and then upload into a "my stuff" file, just bring in only those papers & elements that you want. I would be a good thing to also keep the tile that says who is the designer & what the kit is. You'll need that for identification purposes later on.

I have my MM & the SBC+ software on my c: drive, the shadow MM copy & my created storybooks & pages on my EDH. Other than that I don't know much about them - my DH purchased and installed it. He's the computer nerd of the family.

Here is another set of trainings for those that did not see it.

FREE, Live Web Classes!
Digital Inspirations - Baby and Toddler

We know you care about the memories you’re making with your little one. Learn tips and ideas on how to get your photos off of your hard drive and into a beautiful StoryBook photo book so you can enjoy every moment of your child with a flip of a page. Plus see all the NEW baby designs!
Space is limited so register below to reserve your spot!
Once registered for a class, you’ll receive an e-mail reminder on the day of the class. Five or 10 minutes before the Webinar begins, click on the link provided in the e-mail and you will join the training session.
You will be prompted to download a small piece of software the first time you join. This required step is quick and safe and allows you to see the presenter’s screen on your computer and hear their voice through your computer speakers.
(All Times Pacific Standard Time; a high-speed Internet connection is required)
Monday, March 2
5-6 p.m. PST
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/616333702
Tuesday, March 3
8 – 9 a.m. PST
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/683161548
Wednesday, March 4
7 – 8 p.m. PST
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/187861482
Thursday, March 5
10 – 11 a.m. PST
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/253464320
Monday, March 9
10 – 11 a.m. PST
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/868660601
Tuesday, March 10
7 – 8 p.m. PST
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/848015319
Wednesday, March 11
5 – 6 p.m. PST
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/777749374
Thursday, March 12
8 – 9 a.m. PST
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/465715675

You're welcome! Sorry it took me a bit to answer you here.

Sometimes you just don't know what the files are saved in before you download. So, just do it and then delete anything later on that isn't compatable.

And yes, you can select and keep only a few items from a kit. Once you download and then upload into a "my stuff" file, just bring in only those papers & elements that you want. I would be a good thing to also keep the tile that says who is the designer & what the kit is. You'll need that for identification purposes later on.

I have my MM & the SBC+ software on my c: drive, the shadow MM copy & my created storybooks & pages on my EDH. Other than that I don't know much about them - my DH purchased and installed it. He's the computer nerd of the family.

No Problem!

I figured I would have to do it that way with the downloading of kits.

Thank you SO much, again! I am hoping to get my laptop in order within the week and start playing very quickly thereafter! I know I will have more questions and I know who all to go to with them.

Have a great week everyone!

where did you find the CM show or class you attended? I would love to learn digital scrapbooking but I need to learn hand on! I'm terrible at reading and learning this stuff. Have to see to do!

I talked with my friend today and she is going to start doing digital crops/classes soon. She mentioned maybe once a month. She lives in OKC. She laughed at me when I asked her about doing digital-she said she has 16,000 pictures in MM! Yep-that is the correct number!

Let me know if you need her info.

Have a great week!

Hi everyone!

Okay, so this isn't directly SBC+ and the vendors aren't specifically Disney BUT I wanted to share regardless. I figure if you are a Disney fan, you just might have kids with lots of spreads with kids or be a kid at heart and like cute stuff (crazy thought, I know!). Both vendors are similar in style which may or may not be your style. I think they are worth a quick browse. Kay Miller has a cruise kit which is not bright, rather it is muted (sometimes a welcome change). Both have great beach / summer kits. Both have kits which are girlie / princessie. Nitwit has several boy kits I love and a space kit which could easily be used on a Buzz Lightyear spread. Granted, being a NASA family, I have plenty of uses for a kit like that. Anyway, on to the sites...

http://www.nitwitcollections.com

and

http://www.kaymillerdesigns.com/shoppe/

Maybe one of you might like them too? Have fun browsing... I spent over 2 hours on NitWitCollections this morning dreaming of photos I need to take just so I can use the kits! (Pathetic, I know... 12 step program anybody? h:rotfl2: )

This was posted on a board by someone named "Anne" and I thought I would share - it is time consuming but it works :)

To curve your text:
Create your title in a text box. Create a circle in a color (a light
color works best) and then using the Opacity Tool, make it see through.
Cut your title into letters using the Tool Ribbon, and either the
Straight Cutter or Rectangle or shape cutters.
Position the letters around the circle - dividing and making sure the
letters are positioned evenly around the circle. I use the Layout Tool
while I doing this to help make sure letters (say, at 11 and 2, on a
clock face) are at the same level. Hope that makes sense.
Once you have the letters as you like, erase the circle and group the
letters.

Is anyone on facebook? I am - but I gave it up for Lent! In anycase, there is a group called Creative Memories - Go Digital that you can join for great ideas and the latest up to date information on the software. It is not run by CM but by consultants. I don't post on it because I have A LOT of non CM stuff in my layouts -but it worth joining for the information.

I've been having fun doing some untraditional things on SBC+. I thought I'd share with you how I did it in case you'd like to try it yourself sometime.

The first LO is from a Saturday Special challenge at ScrapMatters to make an image like Andy Warhol. Here's the finished LO:

They gave instructions for PSE, but I knew that it could be done on SBC+.
Open a new page; import the photo you want to use.
  1. Under "tools", using the wand or custom tools, extract your image to the way you want to use it. Save.
  2. Hightlight photo, go to "enhance." Click on "B&W" to change your image to a black and white photo.
  3. Go to "light". Bring the "contrast" slider all the way over to 100; bring the "shadow" slider all the way to 0. Preview & accept the changes.
  4. Highlight image again, going back to "light". Once again, bring the "contrast" slider all the way over to 100, but do not move the "shadow" slider this time, accept and save. This should make the image usable for the effect. If not, repeat this last step until it looks right.
  5. You will now need to make a background for the imag by creating a blank mat. I went to "shapes; create a rectangle". You don't have to worry about the color yet. Save.
  6. Now you'll need to choose your colors. I went to colourlovers.com and searched for a colorway that I wanted to use. I was able to add them to "my colors" in the select color box by moving the SBC+ window over (you can't minimize it) so you can see the minimized color page, then using the "sample color" tool I clicked on the color, then on the "remember this color" link. I repeated this for each color so I wouldn't have to go back to the webpage for each color application (does this make sense?).
  7. Copy & paste the image and background on your page and click on the "eye" on the icon on the far left bar. You want to make sure to keep one set clean to use for your various images. Position your image on the background where you'd like it to be.
  8. Highlight the image; go to "color". Click on the "colorize" box and choose your color from "my colors" if you placed them there. If not, choose any color you wish. The black will stay black and the white areas will now be the color your chose.
  9. Repeat the same process for the background, chosing a different color.

Then, just use the image(s) any way you'd like. Have fun with this. I sure did!

That's what I did. If you want to try this and need to ask questions, I'll be happy to help.

Jan

Here's another LO that I made. This time I was having fun using the embossing and recoloring tools.

BTW, I used the CM Wishes and Dreams digital kit for both of the layouts. $2.00 of the sale of each kit is donated to the Make a Wish foundation through Creative Memories. I added some extra swirls on this LO from the Delight Digital kit/predesigned pages.

1. I chose my photo, copied it twice, hid one then centered the other two over each other. (I always create one to hide on the page just in case I don't like what I've done, then I have one on the page to use again.) Then I hide the other photo that I'm not currently working on so I don't accidently delete it or mess it up.
  2. I changed around with the colors of the first/bottom photo by playing around with the different controls on the "enhance" tab until I got something that I liked.
  3. With the second/top photo, I went to the "tools" tab, then "more" and chose "emboss". I used the default, but play around with it until you get the effect. Click on preview and accept when done.
  4. Then I went to "opacity" and chose "32", which seemed to work with this particular look. I accepted then saved.
  5. Group the two images. You can flatten them, but once flattened you can't go back. I also applied the "clouds" edge under the "photos" tab.

I think that's it. The embossing tool was fun to play around with. I'd known it was there but had never done anything with it before. Again, if you have any questions, let me know.

WOW, Jan! Those are totally awesome!!! I need to play around with SBC+ some more. Those are some great ideas. Where did you get the overlay that you used on the first LO? Is that a CM one?

Do any of you girls use MM, too? I keep wondering if I should get it, but I haven't taken the plunge. I mostly use Picasa to edit and organize my pictures. I also have PSE 5.0 for occasional editing. Thoughts?

Thanks, Jessica! The overlays are from the Wishes and Dreams Digital Kit, which benefits the Make a Wish foundation. You can view the whole kit on creativememories.com. I think that it is one of their best digi-kits yet!

Regarding MM. I've never used another program, so my answer may be a bit biased. I do use MM2.0, and I can't wait for 3.0 to come out. I've been happy with it and will be more so after the upgrade. There is so much that you can do with MM between the filing and editing that I don't think that I'd be happy with anything else. And now that with 3.0 you will be able to connect with SBC+ without having the exporting/importing of photos, I'm completely sold.

I hope this helps!

Thanks, Jessica! The overlays are from the Wishes and Dreams Digital Kit, which benefits the Make a Wish foundation. You can view the whole kit on creativememories.com. I think that it is one of their best digi-kits yet!

Regarding MM. I've never used another program, so my answer may be a bit biased. I do use MM2.0, and I can't wait for 3.0 to come out. I've been happy with it and will be more so after the upgrade. There is so much that you can do with MM between the filing and editing that I don't think that I'd be happy with anything else. And now that with 3.0 you will be able to connect with SBC+ without having the exporting/importing of photos, I'm completely sold.

I hope this helps!

I use MM too and LOVE it - but I haven't used Picasa in years so I don't think that I could compare them well. It is just so darn easy to find whatever I need in MM and I love that I can hook up my scanner and just scan right into it.

The upgrade is going to be really nice but in the meantime I just figured out that you can drag and drop from MM to a SBC+ page and that has been super helpful! Y'all probably already knew that but I just figured it out.

Is it true that you can't drag .png files from MM into SBC+ without the white background?

I think you ladies just talked me into MM. My consultant will thank you! Should I buy it now or wait until they release 3.0? I know I'll have to buy the upgrade. Will it cost me the same amount either way?

I have some of the predesigned pages and I know that there are some elements in those kits that aren't anywhere else. How can you move the elements from the predesigned pages to other pages and Storeybooks? In otherwords, say there is a Minnie sticker on a predesigned page. I want to change up the page and not use the Minnie Sticker on this page, but do want to use it on a different page. How can I move the sticker from page to page? If I delete it from the first page, how can I add it to a different page?

Thanks,
Rae

I have some of the predesigned pages and I know that there are some elements in those kits that aren't anywhere else. How can you move the elements from the predesigned pages to other pages and Storeybooks? In otherwords, say there is a Minnie sticker on a predesigned page. I want to change up the page and not use the Minnie Sticker on this page, but do want to use it on a different page. How can I move the sticker from page to page? If I delete it from the first page, how can I add it to a different page?

Thanks,
Rae

Hi Rae,

There are two ways that you use it in another layout.
1) You can right click on the element and copy and open another storybook and paste it in.

2) you can save the element as a png file and save it as an element in My Stuff and use it over and over :)

Does that make sense? I don't have Storybook in front of me - but I can walk you through if this does not make sense!

Jennifer

I think you ladies just talked me into MM. My consultant will thank you! Should I buy it now or wait until they release 3.0? I know I'll have to buy the upgrade. Will it cost me the same amount either way?

You can tell your consultant - from one consultant to another - that she's very welcome! In the overall picture, yes it will cost you the same amount. Here's how CM is working it. You can get MM 2.0 now at $10.00 off the regular price. Then when the upgrade comes out - which costs $10.00 - you will need to purchase that, which brings it to the original price of $39.95. So you're not paying any extra, which is nice!

Thanks,
Rae

There are a couple of ways you can do it. The simplest way is to copy the element and paste it into the new page.

Many people don't realize that the pre-designed pages contain elements that are not in the ditigal kits. As an overview, I do is browse through each page, save each element, then create a new file that holds those elements. That way you have them in one spot and you can access them anytime you want without searching for the page it is on. I'll try to describe it the best I can an hope that I don't leave anything out! Here is what I do.

To keep things simple I go through one theme at a time, all in one sitting. Otherwise I'll forget what I am doing. First, I familiarize yourself with the elements of the kit so I can try to recognize those elements when they're on a page. If not, it's no biggie.

1. Open a project SBC+. It can be a new project or an existing one. It doesn't matter since you won't be saving any of the pages you're looking at.
  2. Go to the "home" tab and click on "add page". Select your theme. What you will be doing is slowly working your way through each page in the theme, starting with "text only" and eventually working your way all the way through "collage". Only open and work on one page at a time, deleting it from the project when you're done.
  3. Open the first page. Click on the element (or sometimes even paper!) that you want to copy. Right click and choose "save selection." A box will come up for you to give it a name. I do very boring stuff like, "ribbon 1" and "ribbon 2", just to keep the type of element grouped together. Then save. If you're not sure if that element/paper is in the kit, then just check in the papers and embellishment files. Remember where the elements are being saved in your computer!
  4. When you're done, go to "my stuff" and create a new file. You can get to My Stuff two ways. The first way is from the start screen. Click on the artist's palette on the top left corner of the screen, then "file/add collection". The second way is if you're in a project, make sure that you are viewing the elements and click on the artist's palatte at the bottom of the screen. Click on "my stuff" and you're in. Give it a name. If I've done the elements of the Recipe Book kit, then I name the file "Recipe Book Extras". That way it will be just under the Recipe Book kit and I won't have to look for it in my ever-expanding list of kits.
  5. Once you've created the file, you can now add your saved elements. Go to "content" and either "add paper" or "add embellishment". Go to the file where they are saved, highlight what you want added, then click on "ok". Repeat this process as many times as necessary. You've now created a new file of the extras to use whenever you want.
FYI - You cannot add these to the CM generated theme files; those are protected. But by doing this way you can access everything you need, even though it does seem like a royal pain to do it. Once you've done it a time or two it becomes old hat.

I hope that this all makes sense. Let me know if you have any quesitons.

Thank you Jennifer and Quiltymom! I'm at work right now, so I haven't tried to save the elements yet, but I will work on that tonight.

You guys are so helpful!

Rae

I've been having fun doing some untraditional things on SBC+. I thought I'd share with you how I did it in case you'd like to try it yourself sometime.

The first LO is from a Saturday Special challenge at ScrapMatters to make an image like Andy Warhol. Here's the finished LO:

They gave instructions for PSE, but I knew that it could be done on SBC+.
Open a new page; import the photo you want to use.
  1. Under "tools", using the wand or custom tools, extract your image to the way you want to use it. Save.
  2. Hightlight photo, go to "enhance." Click on "B&W" to change your image to a black and white photo.
  3. Go to "light". Bring the "contrast" slider all the way over to 100; bring the "shadow" slider all the way to 0. Preview & accept the changes.
  4. Highlight image again, going back to "light". Once again, bring the "contrast" slider all the way over to 100, but do not move the "shadow" slider this time, accept and save. This should make the image usable for the effect. If not, repeat this last step until it looks right.
  5. You will now need to make a background for the imag by creating a blank mat. I went to "shapes; create a rectangle". You don't have to worry about the color yet. Save.
  6. Now you'll need to choose your colors. I went to colourlovers.com and searched for a colorway that I wanted to use. I was able to add them to "my colors" in the select color box by moving the SBC+ window over (you can't minimize it) so you can see the minimized color page, then using the "sample color" tool I clicked on the color, then on the "remember this color" link. I repeated this for each color so I wouldn't have to go back to the webpage for each color application (does this make sense?).
  7. Copy & paste the image and background on your page and click on the "eye" on the icon on the far left bar. You want to make sure to keep one set clean to use for your various images. Position your image on the background where you'd like it to be.
  8. Highlight the image; go to "color". Click on the "colorize" box and choose your color from "my colors" if you placed them there. If not, choose any color you wish. The black will stay black and the white areas will now be the color your chose.
  9. Repeat the same process for the background, chosing a different color.

Then, just use the image(s) any way you'd like. Have fun with this. I sure did!

That's what I did. If you want to try this and need to ask questions, I'll be happy to help.

Jan

This is so awesome!!! Thanks for the step by step instructions!!!!

Here's a 12x12 template for you... :):)
Baby_Love_-_Page_066.jpg

CREDITS

http://www.4shared.com/file/94443627/6e817de6/Baby_Love_TEMPLATE.html

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter