Where would you go that first night???

prestonsmomma

DIS Veteran
We won't arrive until late evening on Sunday but are looking for something fun for food that night. What would you do??? It has to be outside of the parks because I'm not paying admission just to get to eat dinner. We would like some character interaction if possible. Maybe HDDR (are there characters there :confused3 ) or Mickey's BBQ. There will be four adults (one with major food allergies, celiac) and one 4 nearly 5 year old.

Chef Mickeys? Lots of fun & characters there!

I am going to DTD to Earl of Sandwich for a nice tasty sub on my first night:goodvibes

:sunny:

Jodie

I guess I should have mentioned we are already doing Chef Mickey's huh. Sorry about that. Great idea though.

How late on Sunday evening? That may limit your options.

The above posters gave great recommendations but they might not be open late.

The HDDR does have a late show. No characters. It's a great show.

Most character buffets are at breakfast. Chef Mickeys and the GF 1900 Park fair are the only non-park charcter dinners I can think of.

If you did HDDR isn't there a 5:00 show? You could then go over to the campfire with Chip and Dale for the singalong followed by the movie.

That's the only other non-park character place I can think of other than what's been posted already. Have a great time!

Just another suggestion...we are doing 1900 Park Fare for our first night there. That is at the Grand Floridian and is the princess characters...

Christina

Ariel'07 said:
Just another suggestion...we are doing 1900 Park Fare for our first night there. That is at the Grand Floridian and is the princess characters...

Christina

Yea, 1900 Park Fare is nice. That would probably be a solid choice.

Boma is not a char buffet. It's an african buffet with some american foods from what I have seen and heard. Everyone says it's awsome we are going there our first night. The major on that one is it's African theme. Ohanas does not have char's in the evening I do not think. It's a family style all you can eat at night, and the breakfast I think is the lilo and stitch. :bride:

For characters at dinner, the only options are Chef Mickeys and 1900 Park Fare. We love 1900 if the characters interest your party.

HDDR is a great way to start out a trip, we love it, but there are no characters there.

Our favorite first day thing to do is head to Downtown Disney. No, there won't be characters but it's full of Disney magic! This year we are dining at Raglan Road and spending time shopping and seeing the sights. I love DtD at night, esp.

Oh I didn't even think about a cruise. Great idea. We are 110% boy at my house so princesses (other than Ariel) mean nothing to him. :confused3 Keep the ideas coming. We might just hit DTD for a nice dinner. It won't be late when we get there but too late to be entering a park I think.

How about Ohana? There are no characters, but there are plenty of games and entertainment. IT is a great restaurant for families!

Melissa

We're going to Raglan Road as well. I made an ADR for 8pm so we would have plenty of time to get from the airport and checked-in at the hotel. We should be there for the live entertainment and I thought that would be a great way to kick off our week.

prestonsmomma said:
We won't arrive until late evening on Sunday but are looking for something fun for food that night. What would you do??? It has to be outside of the parks because I'm not paying admission just to get to eat dinner. We would like some character interaction if possible. Maybe HDDR (are there characters there :confused3 ) or Mickey's BBQ. There will be four adults (one with major food allergies, celiac) and one 4 nearly 5 year old.

First if you are buying a MYW tickets anyways it really is not that expensive to add a day, if you are already buying a 4(or more) day ticket it costs an extra $2 to add a day.

But if that is not possible...

We always do WCC because we are just so hungry after a 2500 mile flight, no it is not a character meal but very kid friendly.

Go to either Ohana's for the 5 year old. Or DTD where you can go to House of blues!! Delicious food, from what Ive heard. And then after you eat. You can browse DTD , and have a ghiradelli, sundae!! Take the 5 year old to goofys candy cauldron. Cant get any better than that. Enjoy whatever you choose.

You could always do the Rainforest @ DTD also. The kids always love that one... well, most of the adults do too lol. I don'y care what anybody say, the "thunderstorms" & the animals going wild never gets old!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter