When to use Rental Car or Bus on property?

Kerri G

Mouseketeer
Hi! We are thinking to rent a car during our stay. We are staying at the ASMovies. I am sure that sometimes it is quicker to take the bus other times quicker to use the rental cars. Since I am not that familiar with where everything is, I figured I would post our schedule and hope that you guys can help me with when I should use one over the other.

Day 1 Arrive around 10:30 at Orlando Airport
I was going to get on ME with DD5 and DD4 while DH secured rental car
Meet at ASMo
Go to DHS

Day 2 Blizzard Beach
Summerland Mini Golf
(Maybe back to ASMo)
Epcot

Day 3 MK Breakfast at CRT 8:10am
(Maybe break in afternoon)

Day 4 Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare
MK
(Maybe break in afternoon)
Hoop Dee Doo Revue
(Maybe back to MK)

Day 5 Breakfast at Chef Mickeys 9:30am
Downtown Disney
Plane departs at Orlando airport at 8 pm

Part of the reason we are renting a car is not to use ME on the way back. 3 hours sounds a bit much to leave for the airport. I wish they would take our luggage without us!

Thanks for any advice you can give us!
Kerri
28 days and counting!!!!:banana:

They will take your luggage on the return without you. It's actually a different service.

Now that said... MCO is a nightmare on random days for unknown reasons. Don't cut it too close. I have been sitting at my gate more then once watching the "sprint" to the gate (and no amount of crying will get that plane back LOL!)

As for your plans. My rule is anytime I am going to MK I take the bus, otherwise drivings probably faster.

DW and I always take the bus to the parks (she will not take a tram if she doesnt have to :rotfl: ) and sometimes DTD. Other wise we drive.

As for your plans, Day 1 - Take the bus. You have been traveling and you wont have to worry about finding your car in the lot when you leave.

Day 2 - Either. Depends on when you leave Blizzard Beach, although I do believe you will have to go to your resort to transfer to Epcot.

Day 3 - Bus

Day 4 - Bus to MK (monorail to GF for breakfast) but you should drive to FW for Hoop. Word of caution - allow for extra time. You will be parking 'up front' of the campgrounds and the revue is 'down back'. You will be boarding a bus that makes several stops so allow for extra time. Not knowing this almost cost DW and I our carriage ride last December. Conceivably you could take a bus/boat from MK to FW but after the revue you will have to again transfer back at either a park or DTD. Considering you will probably have two tired l'il ones by that time of day, getting them to the car may be the wise choice.

Day 5 - Car.

Have fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter