What to eat before a run?

More and more I think Uncrustables are the fuel of champions. Did you read the article about the woman who used it as her fuel by keeping it in her bra for an entire marathon? She placed first overall in the women's division I believe.

#Onebreastables

Which sounds totally wrong :rotfl2:

The morning of the race - peanut butter crackers or an Uncrustable PBJ.

My challenge is that my stomach can get upset if I eat too early in the morning. But when running a distance event, especially 1/2 or longer fueling up before the race is vital. Someone recommended applesauce to me and I've found that it works perfectly. I've never had a problem with it so I'm going to stick with it.

That said, it's best to know how you will respond to something before race day.

I super hate eating before a race. I've experimented with lots of different things and I hate them all. I am not hungry and I really don't have a ton of stomach space in the first place. Grrr. But I LOVE these ideas - seriously considering peanut butter crackers and applesauce.

I actually brought a little waffle iron and my protein pancake mix (usally alternate between that and some oatmeal and protein shakes in the morning, though always used the pancake mix for runs).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter