What do you think? Will the Princess be happy? Or at least well fed?

MrsPotts

Mouseketeer
I am taking my niece on the long awaited first trip to Disney (promised to her when she was a day old!!) and will be celebrating her 6th birthday while there. Opted to wait 6 years until she could walk herself around those parks and remember the trip as well.

We will be at WDW Friday through Tuesday. Below is what I have booked for meals. We are on the dining plan plus and staying at Pop Century. Normally I rent a car even when onsite as I have used Disney Transportation in the past and really disliked it. This time I thought I would use the transportation again with the Princess. I am second guessing this decision to be honest.

I am mostly worried about our first meal at 1900 Park Fare. Not sure what to expect on that one. I have been to the others already so I am good there. I think I did OK for the most part. We will use the QS and Snack credits to fill in around these planned character meals. I am opting to not take her to Epcot or Studios as that is just to much to squeeze in. We will leave that for a future trip.

Friday - Arrival Day! Arrival time is 5 hours before ressie time at Park Fare.
1900 Park Fare for dinner (using TS credits)
How should I have her dress? How do the other little girls dress?
How far in advance should we leave Pop Century to get to GF?
Will probably use snack credits at Pop to tide her over until dinner.
This is the only planned activity for Friday. Need to be rested for the big day on Saturday.

Saturday - Magic Kingdom Day!
Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast (paid cash)
Crystal Palance for dinner (using TS credits)
Most likely will use QS credits for lunch somewhere in MK.

Sunday - Resting day/pool day/DTD day/Maybe visit AKL/Resting more important though
Chef Mickey's for breakfast (using TS credits)
Breakfast is late morning so will use QS credit for dinner and snack credits in between.

Monday - Animal Kingdom Day
Tusker House for breakfast (using TS credits)
Breakfast is late so will have to use snack credits to get her to breakfast and then use QS credits for dinner and snack credits in there as well.

Tuesday - Travel home day
Will use any remaining credits if any at POP or cash.

The only character I am really missing is Minnie. She is at Cape May for breakfast but I couldn't fit that one in and it's also kind of a pain to get there from Pop. So I am at this point sacrificing Minnie for convenience. Sorry Minnie!

Thanks

I took my niece when she just turned six as well...our first night we had dinner at 1900 PF and it was a bust. First off we were seated an hour past our reservation time and that didnt sit well with us

The food was just gawd awful...I mean it was just bad bad bad. The characters were excellent but my niece said, we just saw them at the Castle (we saw them in MK that day) so why do we have to eat here?

We also went to CP for breakfast which she absolutely loved and the food was amazing

Our plan was to go to Ohana breakfast because she loves Stitch but she was sick that morning so we skipped it

The best thing we did was the Norway Princess Breakfast, it was the highlight of the trip! The food was excellent and I was able to get the chefs to make pancakes for her. The character interaction was just priceless. It is a trip that she remembers now, almost 3 years later

OP - you could see Minnie at the character trails in AK on your last day. As long as a Lion King show didn't just get out, I don't think the wait for characters is too bad there.

One more note...I didnt put the girls in their fancy disney princess dresses because they were not comfy in them for long so they wore tees with the characters on them instead

Take potty breaks often, even if they say they do not have to go you need to make them go otherwise they will make you get out of the line you have been in for the last 20 minutes to take them to the bathroom :rotfl2:

Have lots of snacks handy, my niece didnt care about the food in the parks but she did want her goldfish crackers or her graham crackers and of course the grapes

We started super early in the am as the girls are very early risers and they conked out around 6 or 7

I remebered not to rush them or schedule too much because the trip was all about them.

The one thing my little niece wanted to do was just hang at the Poly beach and use the pool...that was her favorite part of the trip :rotfl:

Going to WDW is like a giant Disney Store for them...we told the kids that we would hit the stores at the end of the day so we didnt have to hold the stuff all day long and they both knew in advance how much spending money they had for the trip and if they used it all up that would be it...this tactic helped my nieces be very selective in what they wanted to buy.

Thanks for your review of Park Fare. I have read more than once that it wasn't all that. So now I just need to decide keep that one or find something else. It's getting down to the wire so I don't know what I will do at this point.

I have 2 boys, both grown now so going to Disney with kids is nothing new, it's the whole girl thing that is throwing me!!! I am looking forward to a Princess trip though.

Thanks again

Unless it is solely for you, i would do EPCOT on Sunday. 3 days at the parks isn't all that much for a 6 year old and do you really need a rest day? If you were going to be there a week, a rest day would make sense.

My DD and I LOVED 1900PF...it was good food, and plenty of variety, and the character interaction was wonderful. Also, we saw Minnie at TH, don't know if she is always there, and she had on her "safari" attire, but we did see her, so you may as well.

Have a magical trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter