~What Do You Think About Those 3 Boys In NJ?~

disneyworld!

<font color="87005b">Love, Peace & Mickey.....and
I just saw on the news that 3 hours after they were missing, the police showed up and a search began for the boys.

well, I guess one of the fathers of the boys is blaming the police for NOT finding his son in the car! what I do not understand is why did'nt the father open the trunk?

I really do not think it is right for him to blame the police for that. the other familys are not blaming the police and talked about how much they helped!

It was a sinceless accident, granted maybe the abandon car should have NOT been there... :confused3

It's probably a case where he has to blame someone else or really fall apart. :(

Serena-I was just going to say the same thing.
I pray that these families will be comforted and that they find some peace in all of their heartbreak.

I agree Laurie. I just can't even imagine. John talks about how he and his little brother used to play in an old abandoned refridgerator. The kind that had the locks. He said they got locked in once but their friend happend to be there playing too and got the adults. I can't imagine. So Sad!

disneyworld! said:
I just saw on the news that 3 hours after they were missing, the police showed up and a search began for the boys.

well, I guess one of the fathers of the boys is blaming the police for NOT finding his son in the car!
---------------------------------

Because the police DID search the car - they just didn't bother to look in the trunk.. The police are currently investigating to see exactly which officers searched the car without opening the trunk.. :sad2:

C.Ann said:
---------------------------------

Because the police DID search the car - they just didn't bother to look in the trunk.. The police are currently investigating to see exactly which officers searched the car without opening the trunk.. :sad2:
I just could not understand ,,,why one of the parents didn't look also? if that was me? I would have torn everything apart!!

I can never figure out how kids get into the trunks. Aren't they opened with a key? I know some have buttons in the actual car that pop the trunk, but that means the kids would have had to know exactly where it was in the car.

I feel so sorry for the families. That poor father that they showed on TV, he just totally fell apart. I was in tears.

This has bothered me since it happened. I am only about 45 minutes away from where this happened and it's been all over the news. The father actually found the children's bodies. There was a camera crew at the families house when he opened the trunk of the car. I can't get his reaction out of my head. It just breaks my heart.

I agree that it is probably a case of the father just having to have someone to blame. I am confused as to why the trunk wasn't searched earlier or why no one could hear those children screaming though. The car they were found in was right near the house. It's such a tragedy and my prayers go out to the family.

It's always easy to play Monday morning quarterback and point fingers, especially when the father is distraught and desperate for somewhere to place blame. I do not feel that the police are liable.

I am confused as to why the trunk wasn't searched earlier or why no one could hear those children screaming though.
I hate to say it, but if they got in the turnk during a hot day, they wouldn't have been screaming very long before they would have passed out. Even if they did scream, it would have been muffled alot.

This story is such a tragedy. I feel so sorry for the parents, I cannot imagine their grief. Especially knowing they were so close by. What a shame.

poohandwendy said:
I hate to say it, but if they got in the turnk during a hot day, they wouldn't have been screaming very long before they would have passed out. Even if they did scream, it would have been muffled alot.

This story is such a tragedy. I feel so sorry for the parents, I cannot imagine their grief. Especially knowing they were so close by. What a shame.

That was my thought too. I think knowing how close I was to them the entire time would haunt me for the rest of my life. So sad.

Honestly.. I said to my husbad I dont know if I would of thought to look in the trunk if they were my kids. If you are panicking and cant find 3 kids who would of thought all 3 would be in the trunk? I can see them looking in the car but not the trunk.

I know thet were concerned that they may of fallen in the Delaware River so they did search there.

I read that these boys had a habit of playing in this car :sad2: Why on earth was this allowed :sad1: A car is not a toy.

Another thing that I have been thinking about. If anything, I hope this story serves as a reminder to get rid of junk cars and remind your kids of how dangerous it is to get into a trunk (any time of the year). As horrible as this story is, maybe the publicity will save another child from falling into the same situation. I sure hope so.

Nancy said:
I can never figure out how kids get into the trunks. Aren't they opened with a key? I know some have buttons in the actual car that pop the trunk, but that means the kids would have had to know exactly where it was in the car.

I feel so sorry for the families. That poor father that they showed on TV, he just totally fell apart. I was in tears.

From what I heard, the car had belonged to the grandmother of one of the kids, and they had played in it before...so they were probably familiar with the switches and such. And even if they didn't know when they first got in, they could easily figure it out.

poohandwendy said:
Another thing that I have been thinking about. If anything, I hope this story serves as a reminder to get rid of junk cars and remind your kids of how dangerous it is to get into a trunk (any time of the year). As horrible as this story is, maybe the publicity will save another child from falling into the same situation. I sure hope so.

I know in our state abandon cars on your property are illegal and if they are not registered theere is a fine involved.
:sad2: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Who can judge? These poor parents and police officers have to live with the guilt of this terrible accident the rest of their lives.

Sure, it was irresponsible for the parents to have MIL's? broken down car in yard w/faulty trunk lock in first place. Yes, the officers should have ck'd the trunk. However, if the police were not called for 3 hrs, chances are those little angels had already suffocated in the 100* trunk temps :worried:.

I for one, would have torn my house, yard and cars apart soon as I realized they had disappeared! I would have screamed and cried 'where are you' until I got an answer! I would have also called the police after just minutes of searching! As a parent, I would blame myself for being irresponsible :guilty:.

It is a terrible tragedy and my heart and prayers go out to all involved as they try to mend and put their lives back together. I cannot imagine their pain :sad1:. God bless these 3 little angels. :angel: :angel: :angel:

I live 10 minutes from where it happened, it was all over the news. I didn't know until the next day that it had made national news. From the very first news story, I couldn't get it out of my mind. Every time a news cast would come on I waiting for them to say they found them. I really thought they were going to say they drowned in the river. I just kept thinking what else could have happened to 3 boys. Why didn't anyone see them? My husband also said "Why was the car in the yard?" I know the father is trying to blame police, I too think it is because he needs to place blame on someone. I can't even begin to imagine what pain he and the other families must be in. I will never get the image of the father out of my head when he opened the trunk. My heart and prayers go out to these families. I feel so terrible! :sad2:

What a nightmare it must be for the families involved. Times like this make people want to blame everyone except yourself.

However, I have been involved with my department looking for lost children and the police are partly to blame in this. The first thing we tell parents when the call 911 is to ask if they checked the house inside and out. When the first officers arrive we search the house again, inside and out. That way when your supervisor arrives to organize a search he knows who checked what. If an officer says I checked the inside of the house and the cars in the yard, you start to spread out your search.
From what I've heard the officers checked the inside of the car but not the trunk.

I was just watching the news. One would think that someone, somewhere along the line, would have thought to look in the trunk. A police spokesman said they are going to investigate and look into police policy because the trunk should have been opened during the search of the car. They searched the inside but never opened the trunk???? The police aren't to blame, no one is, it was a tragic accident, but why didn't the police look in the trunk?? Or the parents??? Or a friend??? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter