What’s for dinner?

Inspired by @usnuzuloose I grabbed some meatballs out of the freezer with the idea of serving it with spinach ricotta stuffed shells (also in the freezer).

Well that was last night but today DGD said she’d prefer the leftover smothered pork chops so that’s what we’ll have. Stretching it out by adding some tomatoes baked with cream, Parm, and bread crumbs (was going to be the base for the meatballs and stuffed shells but the tomatoes must to be cooked today) and a couple of boiled potatoes.

Thursday, I’ll use the defrosted meatballs and shells, probably with a marinara sauce.

ETA: DGD hated the caramel chocolate sauce ( so much for buying stuff already made, LOL!) so I’m going to try repurposing it in fudge or a cake as the spendthrift that is me doesn’t want to waste the 9 bucks.

Last edited:
Half a dry brined chicken with a bread salad. Got rid of a lot of leftovers in the salad: butter leaf, grilled radicchio, artichoke hearts, avocado, a bagel turned into Catalan toast, and tomatoes. Time to wash out the veggie bin now.

A Nutella crepe with whipped cream for her and one with lemon curd for me ended the meal.

Tuscan chicken (garlic butter, blistered tomatoes, wilted spinach, finished with heavy cream, oregano and parmesan) with roasted potatoes and Caesar salad.

There were beautiful looking leeks and asparagus at the market this weekend so they’ll show up throughout the week.
Tonight it’s corn griddle cakes with asparagus and smoked salmon with crème fraiche for me but probably no cream for DGD; doesn’t like “wet” dishes but happy to deconstruct a meal, LOL. Maybe I’ll top her’s with avocado slices.

Lemon sorbet with raspberries and a shortbread cookie for dessert.

Turkey meatballs, homemade marinara. Will put that over sautéed yellow squash for me, some angel hair for hubby. And, a Caesar salad. 🍝

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter