• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's so great, glad it was easy for him.
Thank you for sharing. My DD was dreading the call (2 days of trying to connect and waiting 3 hours once in the waiting room in May) and considering not even doing it when her window opens in a few weeks.
I would definitely try, figure a May call was for a June visit which is a busy time of year. My call was for a mid August visit when crowds start to die down because schools start up then. I think September trips aren't as crowded either so I would give it a try. I do think a weekday call in is probably better than a weekend call in if you are able to do so

I can't tell you how helpful this thread has been for me these past few months. I'm the Disney 'go-to' person, and I've had multiple friends ask me for information. I've not used this new system personally yet, so this thread is a wealth of information. Thank you!

I have a friend going to Disney next month. She registered for DAS in advance. Since she is staying off Disney property, there wasn't a lot of availability at time of booking. Safari ride, for example, had no availability until 5pm. That won't work for her son with special needs. So, we will book that ride with Genie+ at 7am.

We are relying on regular DAS while in the parks to hopefully get earlier return times. Is Flight of Passage a ride she can book with regular DAS after entering the park at 8am? Is there a rule that you must return to the ride by a certain time, or can you do the ride whenever it fits their schedule (after their return time arrives of course). She is very worried about meltdowns, and having to be some place at a particular time. Thank you!

Is Flight of Passage a ride she can book with regular DAS after entering the park at 8am? Is there a rule that you must return to the ride by a certain time, or can you do the ride whenever it fits their schedule (after their return time arrives of course).
Yes, a DAS return for FoP can be obtained once they enter the park -- pretty much any attraction with a posted standby wait. The Advanced Selections have a 1-hour window to use it. Some have reported it stays open longer, but expect it to disappear at some point. However, regular DAS obtained in-park that day are open-ended meaning you can return anytime after x:xx.

Since she is staying off Disney property, there wasn't a lot of availability at time of booking.
Just to comment -- I think that is more indicative of the timing (either how close to the date) and/or how many others are using DAS at that same time rather than onsite vs offsite. To my knowledge, onsite does not get any particular advantage with regards to DAS. It was theorized that onsite got to book Advanced Selections at 30+ for length of stay, but that theory doesn't seem to hold water; actual experiences are inconsistent.

I’m sure this question has been answered but I haven’t found it yet.

I’m going to WDW in September with a friend and we both have DAS. How does that work for us? Can we both make reservations for each other as long as we are in a party together or can only 1 of us handle the DAS reservations?

I’m sure this question has been answered but I haven’t found it yet.

I’m going to WDW in September with a friend and we both have DAS. How does that work for us? Can we both make reservations for each other as long as we are in a party together or can only 1 of us handle the DAS reservations?
You will each reserve your own DAS Return Time. Neither of you can be listed as a guest on the other's DAS.

You will each reserve your own DAS Return Time. Neither of you can be listed as a guest on the other's DAS.
I thought I read somewhere that you could list others with DAS pass, but could only have one DAS reservation at a time.... So, for example, In DEC my party will consist of 4 in total... sometimes we will all be together, but sometimes not. So I had planned to list all four on my party so I could do day of and advanced for the whole group for when we would all be together, and the other person would list only herself and the other person she would be splitting from the group with on her party, so she could make day of reservations for the two of them..... Did I dream this?

I thought I read somewhere that you could list others with DAS pass, but could only have one DAS reservation at a time.... So, for example, In DEC my party will consist of 4 in total... sometimes we will all be together, but sometimes not. So I had planned to list all four on my party so I could do day of and advanced for the whole group for when we would all be together, and the other person would list only herself and the other person she would be splitting from the group with on her party, so she could make day of reservations for the two of them..... Did I dream this?

A DAS HOLDER cannot be on someone else's DAS. Other people, as you say, can be listed on multiple DAS but can only have one return time active at a time.

So, if it is four you, including two DAS holders, you could only put two of the other three (the ones that aren't DAS holders) on yours.

A DAS HOLDER cannot be on someone else's DAS. Other people, as you say, can be listed on multiple DAS but can only have one return time active at a time.

So, if it is four you, including two DAS holders, you could only put two of the other three (the ones that aren't DAS holders) on yours.
Thanks... I wonder where I came up with that? Is it on the website somewhere? Gosh, maybe I DID dream it.....😜

Thanks... I wonder where I came up with that? Is it on the website somewhere? Gosh, maybe I DID dream it.....😜
You probably misunderstood and/or just assumed when posts said guests could be linked to more than one DAS holder, that it also included the DAS holder.

You might also have read misinformation somewhere else. People on disABILITIES Board have always been clear in explaining the DAS HOLDER can only be on their own DAS. But, I just read a posting on a Facebook page that “you’re lucky you have 2 people with DAS because you’ll be able to double up” on DAS Return Times. The person who posted that had not used DAS - that’s not how it works.

As for the DAS Advance Selections, each DAS HOLDER will need to make their own when they do DAS video registration. Since the additional guests can only have one DAS Return Time, you’ll need to decide ahead of time who will be on which DAS Advance Selection.
Also, if both DAS Holders have THEIR OWN My Disney Experience (MDE) account and are planning for themselves, it’s possible only one of them will be able to make DAS Return Times for the entire group. Friends and Family will be additional profiles on the MDE, but I think can only have one person designated to make plans for them. We’ve only dealt with DAS on one MDE account. Hopefully someone else with 2 with their own accounts can verify how it works.

You probably misunderstood and/or just assumed when posts said guests could be linked to more than one DAS holder, that it also included the DAS holder.

You might also have read misinformation somewhere else. People on disABILITIES Board have always been clear in explaining the DAS HOLDER can only be on their own DAS. But, I just read a posting on a Facebook page that “you’re lucky you have 2 people with DAS because you’ll be able to double up” on DAS Return Times. The person who posted that had not used DAS - that’s not how it works.

As for the DAS Advance Selections, each DAS HOLDER will need to make their own when they do DAS video registration. Since the additional guests can only have one DAS Return Time, you’ll need to decide ahead of time who will be on which DAS Advance Selection.
Also, if both DAS Holders have THEIR OWN My Disney Experience (MDE) account and are planning for themselves, it’s possible only one of them will be able to make DAS Return Times for the entire group. Friends and Family will be additional profiles on the MDE, but I think can only have one person designated to make plans for them. We’ve only dealt with DAS on one MDE account. Hopefully someone else with 2 with their own accounts can verify how it works.
Thanks, Sue.... I searched the website front to back and couldn't find any reference to it... I sent an email to the Disney Disability address, but I know those can sometimes end up in a black hole, so I may not hear anything back that clarifies their rule about multiple Das Holders on a guest list.... I believe you and the folks who have understood how it works, but it would be good for Disney to clarify it in their instructions. I'll post any response I get from them.

Perhaps they could include something about it in this section on "how to register"...instead of only stating other guests need to be in F&F list, include verbiage stating that they cannot include another DAS Holder:

1659019083336.png
Appreciate all the input.... Thanks!

EDIT: Just for clarification on my part... I understood that any guest can only be on 1 DAS reservation at a time. But I was sure that I read that guests could be on multiple DAS Holder guest lists... and in my case, it would be much easier to plan our trip if one of us (probably me) could plan for the times we would all be together and make on Day-Of or Advanced reservation for all four of us, including the other DAS Holder. And then the days we do split up, the other DAS holder could make plans for herself and her friend, while I make plans for me and my guest. We have two Dolphin room reservations, 2 in each room.

Anyway, hoping for clarity and I'll work with whatever Disney does require.

Last edited:
@jlundeen I'm not sure if this helps but this was our experience during a June 2021 trip, so pre-video registration, but would be the same when in the parks now. (I bulleted it since I was getting too wordy and confusing myself :) )
  • DD has a DAS and she's under my MDE account.
  • DD friend has a DAS but has her own MDE.
  • All of us without a DAS (4 of the 6 in our group) were attached to both DD and DD's Friend DAS.
  • DD and her friend were NOT attached to each other.
My DD can't ride a lot of the headliners/thrill rides, but her friend does, so we split off for many rides.

Rides we all did together, DD and her friend had to each get their own DAS return time and we'd all ride together. For these rides, usually the 4 of us +DD went on her DAS (my account) and DD's friend did her own return time.

If anyone went on a ride my DD can't go on, everyone riding with DD's friend could be selected for her DAS return time.

I hope this makes sense? And if I'm misunderstanding what's being asked, please excuse any confusion! :)

@jlundeen I'm not sure if this helps but this was our experience during a June 2021 trip, so pre-video registration, but would be the same when in the parks now. (I bulleted it since I was getting too wordy and confusing myself :) )
  • DD has a DAS and she's under my MDE account.
  • DD friend has a DAS but has her own MDE.
  • All of us without a DAS (4 of the 6 in our group) were attached to both DD and DD's Friend DAS.
  • DD and her friend were NOT attached to each other.
My DD can't ride a lot of the headliners/thrill rides, but her friend does, so we split off for many rides.

Rides we all did together, DD and her friend had to each get their own DAS return time and we'd all ride together. For these rides, usually the 4 of us +DD went on her DAS (my account) and DD's friend did her own return time.

If anyone went on a ride my DD can't go on, everyone riding with DD's friend could be selected for her DAS return time.

I hope this makes sense? And if I'm misunderstanding what's being asked, please excuse any confusion! :)
Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to type all of this out. That's probably the way we're going to end up doing it also, since all four of us have their own MDE accounts, and we are all friends on each other's accounts.

It does get complicated in a hurry doesn't it?

Thanks, Sue.... I searched the website front to back and couldn't find any reference to it... I sent an email to the Disney Disability address, but I know those can sometimes end up in a black hole, so I may not hear anything back that clarifies their rule about multiple Das Holders on a guest list.... I believe you and the folks who have understood how it works, but it would be good for Disney to clarify it in their instructions. I'll post any response I get from them....,
Hi, all, I'm replying to my own thread because I did get an answer to my question for the Disney Planning folks. Short answer is "yes", multiple DAS holders can be on each other's guest lists... not sure if this is new, but it will certainly help with our planning. :)

Here's the link.

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...ed-das-passholders-guest-list-may-not-512095/

Thanks to all who contributed to the discussion! :)

Hi, all, I'm replying to my own thread because I did get an answer to my question for the Disney Planning folks. Short answer is "yes", multiple DAS holders can be on each other's guest lists... not sure if this is new, but it will certainly help with our planning. :)

Here's the link.

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...ed-das-passholders-guest-list-may-not-512095/

Thanks to all who contributed to the discussion! :)
Sorry but they are wrong you as a DAS holder csn not be put on another DAS holder

At the bottom of the page( the page before) in very small print it say these views are not intended to reflect the opinion of the Walt Disney destination. It then goes on to say have not been review or approved by Walt Disney. So basically they are people that go to Disney like us who got picket to answer questions for Disney

Last edited:
Sorry but they are wrong you as a DAS holder csn not be put on another DAS holder
Can you point me to where that is stated? I know sometimes one CM can say one thing and another CM says the opposite, so I would really like to get the actual rule for this... it shouldn't be just something people seem to know. Who is the actual Disney source?

EDITED TO ADD: This is who I sent my question to...
disability.services@disneyparks.com

if there is another official Disney source for info about DAS I would appreciate if someone can share...

Thanks again everyone!

Last edited:
Can you point me to where that is stated? I know sometimes one CM can say one thing and another CM says the opposite, so I would really like to get the actual rule for this... it shouldn't be just something people seem to know. Who is the actual Disney source?

EDITED TO ADD: This is who I sent my question to...
disability.services@disneyparks.com

if there is another official Disney source for info about DAS I would appreciate if someone can share...

Thanks again everyone!
That is the address I was just going to suggest asking :) (not the link from the Q&A above).

In our experience, both DAS holders could not be linked, but all other guests in the party could be on both DAS.

When is your trip again? I'd be curious what the video chat CM says.

That is the address I was just going to suggest asking :) (not the link from the Q&A above).

In our experience, both DAS holders could not be linked, but all other guests in the party could be on both DAS.

When is your trip again? I'd be curious what the video chat CM says.
We are going in Dec, so my video will not be until Nov.... trying to plan high level and figure out parks, favorites, dining, all that stuff....

I don't know why the Q&A folks replied, perhaps the Disability folks forward stuff to them, I don't know.... This shouldn't be this hard... LOL

EDIT: Here's a snip for the first reply I got from the Disability folks... could be why the answer came from the Q&A folks.

1659298711132.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter