WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question because I can't remember from our last trip and I'm about to make my advanced selections. Can we maintain three selections through out the day, selection made once we enter the park and advanced selections? Just trying to plan my selections to avoid issues.

Quick question because I can't remember from our last trip and I'm about to make my advanced selections. Can we maintain three selections through out the day, selection made once we enter the park and advanced selections? Just trying to plan my selections to avoid issues.

Yes. The advanced selections are completely separate from the day of selections.

So we can maintain three throughout the day?

The advanced selection expire, so once the first one is up, you'd only be maintaining a maximum of two return times. Once the second advanced selection expires, you'd only have the one day off return time.

Only if both of your advance selections were at the end of day, would you be able to maintain three throughout the day.

So we can maintain three throughout the day?
I'm not sure what you mean by maintain three throughout the day, but if you are asking if you can replace your advanced selections, using day of DAS reservations, you need to remember you can only have one day of selection at a time. You can use it anytime after the reservation time starts, but you cannot double up on them.

So as you use your advanced selections, or they expire, they are gone. But the day of reservations works as it always has.

Is that what you are asking?

The advanced selection expire, so once the first one is up, you'd only be maintaining a maximum of two return times. Once the second advanced selection expires, you'd only have the one day off return time.

Only if both of your advance selections were at the end of day, would you be able to maintain three throughout the day.
Thanks for the quick responses.

I wasn't exactly clear with my question. but you answered it. Love the help the DIS provides.

Just wanted to post the info here since I had asked about:

We re-registered for our DAS. We technically still have an active one, but it expires before our next visit, and we wanted to renew right at 30 days to get the preselects (mainly to get one for an afternoon visit to Splash to beat the heat)

Also, we are only going one day (and this is for Land, not World) but for the first time since starting the video chat, the video chat lady made our preselects for us on the spot instead of sending us to the regular chat.

She also gave the same times for each ride, I believe it was like 10:30, 1:30, 5:30 but we stopped her at that. So not sure if it was just our day or if they have pretty rigid times for this regardless of the ride.

Just wanted to pop on and give my experience of the video registration for DAS. This is my first experience of ever having a DAS pass as I require it due to a condition that I have developed very recently. I logged onto the chat about 8:30am Florida time (I’m in the UK) and was linked with someone on chat immediately which I wasn’t expecting! I only had a couple of hours till I needed to go out so I figured I’d give it a go and if I didn’t manage to get through by the time I needed to go out I’d just try another time! We don’t go till 4 august so only just within the 30 day window so plenty of future opportunities

So imagine my surprise when the lovely Earl responded immediately, asked me to read and agree to the terms and then invited me to the video chat. The video chat lasted about 30 seconds - my reason for needing DAS is quite personal and women related so I’m not sure if I made poor Earl feel uncomfortable or that is normally as quick as it is but anyway I was so amazed at how quick it all was! He then transferred me back to chat for somebody else to make my advance selections.

As I said my first day in the parks is 4 august and we are staying until 27 august so a long trip and I was able to make advance reservations up to and including 19 august so about 42 days out!! The cast member told me I would need to join another chat in a few days to finish off my last 7/8 days!! It did take about 1 hour of chat to get through the advance selections for those couple of weeks though. I also wasn’t able to get an advanced selection for Festival of the Lion King for some reason

So amazed at how easy it was and how many days I was able to book as was only expecting to be able to do the first few so thought I would share my experience in case it helped others!

Can we start using the DAS (my daughter has pre-done it via chat) during early entry? So if a park opens at 9:00am and you get in at 8:30am early entry as a resort guest, can you start to use it at 8:30am or do you have to wait until 9:00am? I realize that if you do early entry things won't have much wait anyway, but I am wondering if we can book a DAS at this time. TIA

Can we start using the DAS (my daughter has pre-done it via chat) during early entry? So if a park opens at 9:00am and you get in at 8:30am early entry as a resort guest, can you start to use it at 8:30am or do you have to wait until 9:00am? I realize that if you do early entry things won't have much wait anyway, but I am wondering if we can book a DAS at this time. TIA
I was able to do it for 7DMT

Question...I understand the Advance. and Return time das are 2 different things. If you pre-register and do the 2 advanced...once you have used them, can you then go on and pick a new attraction without needing to stop by Guest Services again?

If not, do you just tell guest services that you had already pre-registered for das, but used them and would like to book return times? Is this something you have to do every park day and if so, how long does it usually take?

Once you have preregistered and reserved your 2 advanced DAS times for each day of your trip, you don't have to use Guest Services at all during your trip.

Advance DAS is totally separate from return time DAS. You can use the My Disney Experience (MDE) app to get a return time DAS at any time, even if you haven't used your advance DAS yet. Once you use your return time DAS, you can use MDE to get another return time DAS.

Question...I understand the Advance. and Return time das are 2 different things. If you pre-register and do the 2 advanced...once you have used them, can you then go on and pick a new attraction without needing to stop by Guest Services again?

If not, do you just tell guest services that you had already pre-registered for das, but used them and would like to book return times? Is this something you have to do every park day and if so, how long does it usually take?
no you do not have to go back to gr every time you want a das ( in fact they may not give you a return time as they are busy taking care of other guest needs). you can get a return time on the app or you can go to the ride or guest experience CM to get a DAS

…and you do not need to use the 2 Advanced Selections before obtaining or using an in-park DAS Return Time.
no you do not have to go back to gr every time you want a das ( in fact they may not give you a return time as they are busy taking care of other guest needs). you can get a return time on the app or you can go to the ride or guest experience CM to get a DAS
Thank you.

Hi everyone! I wondered if anyone knows if DAS operates during the Halloween party? I’m not only talking about for rides, but for any of the unique character meet & greets like with the Seven Dwarfs or Jack Skellington? I remember seeing lines that were incredibly long during previous years. The 4yr old boy in our group with special needs could never wait for that kind of line. Are we out of luck, or is there some hope with DAS? Thanks so much!

Hi everyone! I wondered if anyone knows if DAS operates during the Halloween party? I’m not only talking about for rides, but for any of the unique character meet & greets like with the Seven Dwarfs or Jack Skellington? I remember seeing lines that were incredibly long during previous years. The 4yr old boy in our group with special needs could never wait for that kind of line. Are we out of luck, or is there some hope with DAS? Thanks so much!
for the most part yes if there's more then one adult you might be able to have one wait in line whale the other stay with the child but this would only work for some lines

Reactions: CJK
Are we out of luck, or is there some hope with DAS?
DAS may be used for attraction queues. I would not expect it to work for any character meet & greets that aren't in a permanent location (like the Mickey meet at Town Square Theater). As PP mentions, depending on how the queue is set-up, you may be able to have 1 adult stay in line while the other waits nearby with the child. Speak with the CM.

Reactions: CJK
My son applied for his DAS pass yesterday, we logged in at 11:05am and we connected with a cast member within 2 minutes. We were done completely by 11:40am. They have definitely got much better with their wait times as time has gone on.
That's so great, glad it was easy for him.
Thank you for sharing. My DD was dreading the call (2 days of trying to connect and waiting 3 hours once in the waiting room in May) and considering not even doing it when her window opens in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter