WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Just checking in with an AKAH update - our 4/14 tickets are no longer showing in MDE. Refund is yet to be seen on my credit card. I have not called or anything, just waiting for the automatic processing as indicated on MDE.
Refund is now showing on our credit card. That's the last piece from our April trip. Now to see how everything plays out in the next few weeks/months. We rescheduled for July and have APs, so waiting to see how everything plays out and not really holding a ton of hope for July if I'm being honest. There are bigger fish to fry, but dreaming of Disney does give some distraction!

Welp, was supposed to be checking in today. I had not cancelled the reservation just to see what would happen in MDE. Was still there this AM but disappeared at some point today.

On to backup trip #3. :goodvibes

2 weeks from today I should be running my very first 10k, staying on property for the first time, and going to all these different restaurants I've never been to (its the main reason why I purchased the table in wonderlands card. Now it's gonna be useless for me)

2 weeks from today I should be running my very first 10k, staying on property for the first time, and going to all these different restaurants I've never been to (its the main reason why I purchased the table in wonderlands card. Now it's gonna be useless for me)

Yeah, was going to be back for that weekend too. 😢 Just got my runD refund emails last night. Only small bright spot is I had forgotten I went a little click crazy with a bunch of pins and other stuff, so more money back than I was expecting. Still a major bummer, was so looking forward to that weekend, as I’m sure you were as well.

Yeah, was going to be back for that weekend too. 😢 Just got my runD refund emails last night. Only small bright spot is I had forgotten I went a little click crazy with a bunch of pins and other stuff, so more money back than I was expecting. Still a major bummer, was so looking forward to that weekend, as I’m sure you were as well.

I mean I am partly relieved I don't have to do a 10k though LOL. I just did 3 miles outside for the first time last week since gym is closed, and I felt like I was gonna throw up. Training on a treadmil did nothing to help lol. I was looking more forward to the food and seeing my friends go on Rise for the first time.

OK, I have a question. If this is the wrong thread, I apologize. I am booked for June 7-17. 10 day park hopper + tickets for 8 adults bought through UT. If I have to reschedule, there is a great chance 2 of us won't be able to go. There is also a good chance we won't be able to go for 10 nights. Will I be able to "bank" the value of the tickets I currently have for new tickets and have left over value (if 2 tickets are unused) for a future trip (not the rebooked one)? For example, if I can rebook for July or early August I'm pretty sure everyone can go. If I have to wait until, say, December so everyone can go I wouldn't do the + ticket, just park hopper. If neither works, I'd be booking for 6 instead of 8. Do I keep the value of the other 2 tickets until I need it? Do I keep the value of the + if I change it? I think I know -not normally- but this is not my choice, I will go in June if we can. Ideally I can go in June, but things aren't looking great and I'm wondering if anyone knows if Disney is taking unprecedented compensatory action, without setting precedent, due to the unprecedented situation we all find ourselves in. Thanks for any insight, even if it's only a guess at this time.

OK, I have a question. If this is the wrong thread, I apologize. I am booked for June 7-17. 10 day park hopper + tickets for 8 adults bought through UT. If I have to reschedule, there is a great chance 2 of us won't be able to go. There is also a good chance we won't be able to go for 10 nights. Will I be able to "bank" the value of the tickets I currently have for new tickets and have left over value (if 2 tickets are unused) for a future trip (not the rebooked one)? For example, if I can rebook for July or early August I'm pretty sure everyone can go. If I have to wait until, say, December so everyone can go I wouldn't do the + ticket, just park hopper. If neither works, I'd be booking for 6 instead of 8. Do I keep the value of the other 2 tickets until I need it? Do I keep the value of the + if I change it? I think I know -not normally- but this is not my choice, I will go in June if we can. Ideally I can go in June, but things aren't looking great and I'm wondering if anyone knows if Disney is taking unprecedented compensatory action, without setting precedent, due to the unprecedented situation we all find ourselves in. Thanks for any insight, even if it's only a guess at this time.
that's a lot you got going on in the post, the short easy answer from me is, cancel everything and rebook when you are ready. Disney is refunding everything and UT is also refunding as far as I know

Welp, was supposed to be checking in today. I had not cancelled the reservation just to see what would happen in MDE. Was still there this AM but disappeared at some point today.

On to backup trip #3. :goodvibes
Hello there!

What a crazy time it is right now that your first two trips fell through... just curious when you are booked for your backup trip #3? We are shooting for July 24-31 :earsboy:

I'm a little confused about what, specifically, you are asking, but I'll take a stab at an answer. If you have purchased 10-day park hopper+ tickets, rebook your trip and two people can't use their tickets, they can always use the full value of those tickets toward the purchase of a future ticket (if that ticket is of equal or more value). You can't downgrade tickets, so if you use those 10-day park hopper+ tickets during a vacation where you only use 8 days or only use the PH option, they aren't going to refund any money.

If the park is still closed during your dates, I would just do as yulilin3 suggested in the post above - ask UT for a refund and then use that refunded money to purchase the actual tickets you will need for your rescheduled vacation so you aren't paying more for tickets than you have to.

that's a lot you got going on in the post, the short easy answer from me is, cancel everything and rebook when you are ready. Disney is refunding everything and UT is also refunding as far as I know
Yeah, sorry. I was kinda rambling a little bit there. Thanks for the reply

I just checked MDE my AH tickets for 5/5 are still showing up and I checked my banking, there’s no refund. I haven’t called yet just to see if it falls off itself. I already canceled my May trip and rescheduled to a new date but just haven’t called to cancel those tickets.

Hello there!

What a crazy time it is right now that your first two trips fell through... just curious when you are booked for your backup trip #3? We are shooting for July 24-31 :earsboy:

6/1, with other backups from there. :goodvibes Glutton for disappointment I guess.

[Virtual] school is out by that point, we’ll just keep adjusting as/when needed.

Fortunately with APs and room-only resort reservations, we have max flexibility with no real downside or financial consequences to keep planning/adjusting.

I feel for those with more complicated room/ticket/travel circumstances that make this all more cumbersome.

I am torturing myself trying to reschedule our end June trip but cant find a time when all of us could still travel, best option so far is 3 of us for 10 days end August. Have Disney balance to pay 29th April but flight waiver doesnt apply for our dates yet. Flying from Ireland and beginning to give up on idea of end June actually going ahead at this point

I am torturing myself trying to reschedule our end June trip but cant find a time when all of us could still travel, best option so far is 3 of us for 10 days end August. Have Disney balance to pay 29th April but flight waiver doesnt apply for our dates yet. Flying from Ireland and beginning to give up on idea of end June actually going ahead at this point

There is one other option, the option that everyone never wants to hear...

Reschedule till next year.. :scared:

6/1, with other backups from there. :goodvibes Glutton for disappointment I guess.

[Virtual] school is out by that point, we’ll just keep adjusting as/when needed.

Fortunately with APs and room-only resort reservations, we have max flexibility with no real downside or financial consequences to keep planning/adjusting.

I feel for those with more complicated room/ticket/travel circumstances that make this all more cumbersome.
I hope this trip works for you! :) I cancelled our May 30-June 6th trip because if they are opened, I wasn’t sure if they would be “fully opened.” I do know that planning a Disney trip helps bring some calm to all of the chaos and unknown going on right now. Stay safe!

Well I think our family is just going to cancel our July 14th trip. I was on the fence, but realized there is probably no way to get the military salute tickets prior to our fast pass window opening in May since the military ticket offices and Shades of Green are closed. I wasn't really sure I wanted to commit to tickets 2 months in advance with everything going on anyway.

Hi I'm new here! Looking to book a February or May 2021 trip, but I'm worried about crowds from people rebooking and if it'll be safe. I usually rent dvc but may book at a moderate instead so I can cancel if needed. Anything else I should be thinking about?

Hi I'm new here! Looking to book a February or May 2021 trip, but I'm worried about crowds from people rebooking and if it'll be safe. I usually rent dvc but may book at a moderate instead so I can cancel if needed. Anything else I should be thinking about?
In terms of easiest, I think the overall approach is book a package - room & tickets - through disney. It allows for the most flexibility and less hassle in case of canceling etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter