WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I bought our APs via Sam's Club, not directly from Disney. I think my Sam's membership has expired, and don't think I have the AP receipts anymore. I wonder if I'll still be able to get a partial refund. Unless the closure period lasts for 3 months or more, just getting an extension won't be very helpful, as we can only travel during school holidays.
We also bought passes from Sam's Club and I'm wondering if they will refund us. Ours would be extended into Jan. at this point in time but idk if I want to go over Christmas break.

I'm mostly just venting frustration about a situation over which I have no control, but in case anyone else finds themselves in this weird position...

I'm in a weird AP place: my Silver AP expired March 23. I renewed early at the end of January, and I upgraded to Gold while renewing because I planned to use PhotoPass for the April race weekend, and to go the parks on a summer trip. I do monthly payments, so as of today, 3 payments have already been made, even though the renewal AP hasn't been used and only became active March 24.

So if I were to go with option 1, I'd only get one of those three payments refunded, even though the other two were made in advance on a renewal that wasn't yet in use. My March expiration would remain in place, and I'd have a more expensive AP (Gold vs. Silver) that I can't use the added benefits of, since the parks are closed through April and I see no way it'll be safe for me to visit in summer (underlying health issues), even if they manage to open. This was confirmed when I tried calling this morning: they will not refund the two previous payments, only the last one.

If I go with option 2, I'll have the Gold AP longer with an expiration extension, but how much longer? If it won't cover next summer, the added benefits of the Gold are useless, since I wont' be able to use them.

The two CMs with whom I spoke today agreed that I'm in this weird, grey area that isn't covered well by any of the options. I was told to email corporate and explain my unusual situation and see if they'll either cancel the renewal completely and refund my 3 payments, or downgrade me back to Silver so I at least won't be paying for additional benefits I can't use. I sent the email this morning - we'll see. It's frustrating, and I'm kicking myself for screwing it up by renewing early, but I had no way of knowing any of this was coming.

It’s tough to see all of our carefully made plans vanish like that.

If you don’t mind, can you report back when you get your VAH refund? Just trying to keep track of when they are processing those kinds of things. Thanks!

I received a refund on a Disney gift card today, even though I bought the VAH tickets with my Disney Visa rewards redemption card. It works out the same either way, but maybe they can't refund the redemption cards?

I received a refund on a Disney gift card today, even though I bought the VAH tickets with my Disney Visa rewards redemption card. It works out the same either way, but maybe they can't refund the redemption cards?
Refunds cannot be made to a redemption card. I had bought park tickets with a redemption card and will be getting a refund via gift card. I'm surprised you already got the gift card. The CM I spoke to on the phone said the gift card dept. was shutdown for now and I wouldn't get my gift card with the refund until the dept. was running again.

Refunds cannot be made to a redemption card. I had bought park tickets with a redemption card and will be getting a refund via gift card. I'm surprised you already got the gift card. The CM I spoke to on the phone said the gift card dept. was shutdown for now and I wouldn't get my gift card with the refund until the dept. was running again.

That's interesting. It showed up in my email, so hopefully yours isn't far behind! :)

Anyone have any luck getting a refund on Club Level Fast passes? I’ve emailed DSS, but only get a robotic email. They are still showing up in My Disney Experience even though my Resort is cancelled. Also, how do I move my tickets to my new July trip dates, or will this happen automatically? They are 6-day Military Salute tickets.
Thanks in advance!

Anyone have any luck getting a refund on Club Level Fast passes? I’ve emailed DSS, but only get a robotic email. They are still showing up in My Disney Experience even though my Resort is cancelled. Also, how do I move my tickets to my new July trip dates, or will this happen automatically? They are 6-day Military Salute tickets.
Thanks in advance!

I can't answer the first part, but there is no need to "move" military salute tickets at all, as long as you plan to use them before mid-December. They are automatically good for all dates from January 1 - December 18.

Thanks in advance!

There have been reports of DSS eventually emailing back about the CLFPs. Evidently a skeleton crew is monitoring the email account, but it could take awhile for a response.

I can't answer the first part, but there is no need to "move" military salute tickets at all, as long as you plan to use them before mid-December. They are automatically good for all dates from January 1 - December 18.
Thank you! If the parks are still closed in July, I will have another worry because I’m only able to go in the summer (I’m a college instructor with two kids in school). Maybe they will end up extending those into next year.

Same here. I would've rather had the money back on my rewards redemption card because then all of our spending money is in one place, but it looks easy enough to just have restaurants/stores scan the gift card on my phone. I was happy to see the refund so fast, though! My resort refund happened quickly on my credit card too. Now to schedule a new trip!

Omg! Sounds like you are in my head!! We were booked to check in 5/31 and I just got too nervous, bit the bullet and moved check in to 6/1 and added a night on the end. I was afraid they will not let resort reservations start until 6/1. Part of me thinks if all goes as planned they will open up mid May with a soft opening. Limited numbers into park, only certain attractions open. I have a son who plays college basketball so another trip after summer would just not work this year. Have driven myself crazy the past 2 days trying to rearrange reservations and guessing what’s going to happen. Stressful but nice distraction from all the covid19 worries
I will say it has definitely been a great distraction re-booking FPs and ADRs all over again. Actually scored FoP which was not available at all during our original week. I listened to this week's DIS Unplugged and the consensus there was the same. Soft openings, limited capacity for a couple of weeks before this new offer goes into affect. I think one of the guys even suggested that they may only open it up to those who have these new offers. My family has been thinking that they may only open everything up to resort guests to limit crowds. Who knows, but we still have some more FPs to plan out.

I have a question I wonder if anyone has the answer to. I bought my 9 year old a 3-day hopper for June. The trip is right before her 10th birthday. If disney is closed and we go later in the year will I have to pay the difference because she will be an “adult”?

Thanks in advance!

There's a thread about the CL stuff, and the last pages are all about this. I had mine automatically refunded when they cancelled the resort, but no luck in getting them for future visits so far. DSS is closed until further notice, so you're likely to get an email, but it won't way much.

There's a thread about the CL stuff, and the last pages are all about this. I had mine automatically refunded when they cancelled the resort, but no luck in getting them for future visits so far. DSS is closed until further notice, so you're likely to get an email, but it won't way much.
Thank you! That would be a bummer if DSS doesn’t open in time to schedule CL FPS 90 days in advance. Only time will tell...

I have a question I wonder if anyone has the answer to. I bought my 9 year old a 3-day hopper for June. The trip is right before her 10th birthday. If disney is closed and we go later in the year will I have to pay the difference because she will be an “adult”?
I would expect you would have to pay the cost difference between an adult and child ticket.

Mom’s 1st Disney Trip - 2004 (age 89)
View attachment 483582
I'm using our June trip as a distraction to be honest. I fully accept that it might not happen and that's OK. But in the meantime I'm still planning it, that part I can still enjoy.

This is exactly my thoughts right now. I have been planning this trip since my last one six years ago and so my Disney planning has always been a way for me to destress! Funny but true, though now that I have an actual trip that I am planning, some of it has been a bit stressful with all the worry about even getting on any of the new rides. I really expect I will be cancelling the trip soon but my FP date is late April so I plan to keep planning and even make FP when I can. I figure I will at least be able to go through the process of acquiring FPs myself just to experience how it works now based on my last trip. And it will be practice for when I will have to redo it all to the dates that I reschedule to.

I WANT to get excited for our 6/20-6/27 trip. It’s one of the few things to look forward to now that my graduation from nursing school and the associated events aren’t happening. But I just can‘t get excited. I want to read trip reports, and watch YouTube vids but all I do is check the DIS for COVID updates/rumors regarding the parks. :sad1:
Sorry to hear about your graduation from nursing school has been cancelled. Huge disappointments. Like you, I am usually excited about my upcoming trips and love to read trip reports for fun. I just have not be interested in doing that lately. I have been on the Dis just checking what others post about the closure and possible reopening and what it might be like when the parks do reopen.

Yes, this is exactly how I feel about our July 4th trip. Every day it feels like it’s starting to slip away a little more and then I feel guilty for being sad about it when there is so much (far worse) that I am fortunate enough to not have to be concerned with for the time being. It’s an endless cycle of worry/guilt that I know many on these boards can probably identify with.

I am with you! Your thoughts are what I am thinking and feeling right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter