WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

merged you to the existing thread
As of now we have gotten different reports
One from the leaked image if the system seems to show you pick park entry time, so you can pick to enter at 9am r 9:30am or 10am. From the leaked image it seems that the latest time to enter is 2 hours after that specific park's opening time then you can stay as long as you want or come and go to the same park
Another couple of posters have asked CM and they have been told this "pick a time" is just seeing the park hours and it has nothing to do with actually picking a time
To me it makes most sense to try and scatter people arriving at the parks so not everyone shows up at rope drop
but no one really knows and we will find out Monday
The only issue I see is that you will still have people flooding the area at rope drop, even if they are the 9:30 entry because they will want to be first to get in. Not sure This was well thought out on their part

Hello all! Should I be concerned if I didn't get the email saying I can book a park on the 22nd? I have a resort reservation and tickets in MDE. Has anyone from the Tri-state area received the letter?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hello all! Should I be concerned if I didn't get the email saying I can book a park on the 22nd? I have a resort reservation and tickets in MDE. Has anyone from the Tri-state area received the letter?

Thank you!
I live in Fl and no email....have reservation and tickets In MDE. I gave up on worry....will see how it goes on Monday.

Thank you!

I haven't either and have decided not to worry partly because there are people who HAVE gotten the email that don't have tickets or resort reservations or anything... which means the computer program that decides who gets an email isn't exactly working perfectly...

I posted this on the May 2021 thread was hoping for input here as well?
So here’s my deal, I’m currently booked for July 14-21st, 2020 with a 10 day park hopper plus and Pop century room, due to travel restrictions in my state, I’ve been waiting to modify my trip and move to May 21-June 1st, 2021. I called last night and the CM said call back later😞 but wouldn’t say when ?the 24th ?Maybe?

I got an email from Costco Travel re: the DPPS. Most of it's the same type of general info about the system that we've already heard from Disney (park reservations now required, ticket doesn't guarantee entry, etc.), but there were a couple of things that seemed more definite that what Disney has said:

"As a guest of a Disney Hotel the reservation system for existing tickets will open on June 22, 2020."

Since our dates are for early December, this appears to reinforce the idea that the DPPS will open on Monday for everyone with resort reservations and tickets for arrival dates at least through the end 2020 (and not a rolling window). We're staying at the Swan, so this also seems to confirm that for the purposes of the DPPS, Swalphin does count as a "Disney Resort"

The email also had some details about our Park Hoppers:

"For Existing Park Hopper or Park Hopper Plus Ticket Holders: Due to new capacity requirements Disney is discontinuing Park Hopper/Park Hopper Plus tickets for the remainder of 2020.

You will have the option to

1. Keep the tickets active and use them at later date in 2021.

2. Keep the tickets on the booking until the WDW stop sell is lifted when we can then cancel and book new tickets without the Park Hopper option."

No. Only info tha bus and monorail will be operating and the friendship boats inside epcot

Thank you. That's actually good news about the friendship boats. If they can make those work I would think the resort boats are possible. We changed our resort from SSR to BRV so hoping we can boat to MK. If not we have a car.

I have an update for those who rented DVC points and don't yet have park tickets (and I think this is inconsistent with information at least one other person posted here since yesterday):
I just used the chat function to ask questions about my January 2021 reservation, which was made by a disboards.com DVC member I rented points from. According to the CM I chatted with (and I took screen shots), I fall into the category of people who have a 2021 "resort only" reservation but no park tickets yet, meaning I'll be able to both buy tickets and make park reservations starting 6/24. I asked him what would happen if we pushed our trip back further into 2021, and he said I would have to cancel the park reservations and rebook. If the tickets I needed for the hypothetical later-in-2021 trip were more expensive than the original ones (because of a more expensive "season" like April), I would just have to pay the difference.

I gotta say I don't love having to spend another $5k or so (there are 10 of us) of non-refundable money this far in advance. I may just hold off and wait and see how things go. If Disney still needs to manage capacity in January, and the experience is still limited in terms of no parades, fireworks, and the million other things they've cancelled, chances are much better than 50% that we would try push our trip back anyway.
We're kinda with you. We have DVC reservations for December; some of us have tickets, some don't. I'm going to wait and see how things work out once the park reservation system goes live. I hope that if those of us with tickets make reservations sooner that we'll be able to add the others later after they buy their tickets, without a lot of hassle. But who knows what Disney will do!

If I make park reservations on Monday for our trip next year, but then I decide to change my tickets by adding a park day (when I’m able to do so on Wednesday), would I lose my days and have to start over? I wouldn’t be changing my number of nights for our resort, but with only one park per day, we want an extra day to visit another park again. Thank in advance! :)

With this new reservation system.

Right now, Person A and Person B are going on the trip. Person B is no longer able to go because of a military travel ban. Person C will be taking their place and the ticket for B will be reassigned to C. Do you think they would be able to take over Bs spot on the park reservation?

Thank you!

I'm in CT. So many emails to wade through but I did get one from Disney Destinations yesterday at 3:23 pm informing me that because I'm an existing ticket holder with a Disney resort reservation they're giving me access to the Disney Park Pass System beginning June 22.

With this new reservation system.

Right now, Person A and Person B are going on the trip. Person B is no longer able to go because of a military travel ban. Person C will be taking their place and the ticket for B will be reassigned to C. Do you think they would be able to take over Bs spot on the park reservation?

If you make the changes to the ticket and add Person C to the resort reservation before making the park reservations, then it should be yes. If you try to do it after Person B already has the park reservation, then no I doubt it would transfer over. (Unless Person C wants to pretend to be Person B while on the trip, lol).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter