WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I don't think anyone knows yet. I would think that park entry is linked to your magicband like a FP.

I'm not sure what to do - we have reservations for Port Orleans July 8-11. They have not been canceled yet by Disney but we cannot modify the reservation. We want to reschedule the trip for August. Should we wait for cancellation from Disney and then modify? can we make a park reservation for August if our hotel reservation is still in July?

I'm not sure what to do - we have reservations for Port Orleans July 8-11. They have not been canceled yet by Disney but we cannot modify the reservation. We want to reschedule the trip for August. Should we wait for cancellation from Disney and then modify? can we make a park reservation for August if our hotel reservation is still in July?
You can call now for all reservations from now to check out 7/11. You will pay more for the new room at rack rate but you’ll have a room then decide later if keep or cancel.

Good luck!

Ok everyone I just merged 3 threads together with the similar subject of what attractions and entertainment will be open
The reason for merging is that we may have an answer to your questions but because there are 3 different threads you might not get said answer
So in the future please scan or use the search button to see if a certain topic already has an open thread, thank you

Aaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!! COP, Tiki, Sorcerers, Riverboat, and Railroad are closed!!!! I guess I could see Tiki and COP, and possibly Sorcerers. But the riverboat and the railroad. Maybe the railroad is due to the construction still. However, the riverboat is outside. They are willing to cram people onto a tiny Tom Sawyer raft but not onto the giant riverboat!! My son is going to be heartbroken. Heck, I'm heartbroken. I have never missed some of these on my trips. Luckily, I have planned to bring some card games to play in the room in case we start twiddling our thumbs.
Sorcerers is open but you definitely have me a scare (and a slight tear may have appeared in my eyes) haha

It is being shared by a few people...I was told this too...that Monday is only for 2020 and will not be open for 2021 trips yet.

It appears that we will be able to make park reservations up until 26th September 2021

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-20 at 19.43.37.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-20 at 19.43.37.png
    180.5 KB · Views: 61
Aaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!! COP, Tiki, Sorcerers, Riverboat, and Railroad are closed!!!! I guess I could see Tiki and COP, and possibly Sorcerers. But the riverboat and the railroad. Maybe the railroad is due to the construction still. However, the riverboat is outside. They are willing to cram people onto a tiny Tom Sawyer raft but not onto the giant riverboat!! My son is going to be heartbroken. Heck, I'm heartbroken. I have never missed some of these on my trips. Luckily, I have planned to bring some card games to play in the room in case we start twiddling our thumbs.
not sure if anyone already answered just got back home
The train is staying closed until Tronstruction is over, so next year

Just got home so sorry if these have already been answered

I wonder if they will be getting rid of the biometric scan too. I would love that! My poor little girl can never remember which finger to use lol.
Universal is NOT using biometrics but asking to see an ID
What if your late due to Disney transportation issues, will they still let you in ?
No problems if you're late, but word has it that it won't be a firm arrival time given, wait and see until Monday

If I make park reservations Monday- have resort reservations and aps and the person I am going with gets sick and cannot go, can I switch the name. I know it's not a problem on my resort reservation but I have another friend with an ap who could go. I guess the question is- is the park reservation firmly linked to one ticket or can it be transferred.
I mean they skip the whole trip- they can't get time off work, can't get on the plane, etc.
the reservation is linked directly to the people with tickets. Is your other friend (potentially going) on your reservation? you could get park reservations for everyone and then cancel the one if they can't go
I actually would prefer the VQ for RotR, over a long standby line.
same
Ehhh...that's assuming it's accurate; which notoriously it's not. It's still showing water parks are opening.
Yeah, I'm not sure what's happening to water parks but the rest of MDE is correct as far as I can tell

Ehhh...that's assuming it's accurate; which notoriously it's not. It's still showing water parks are opening.
Go to:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/parks/
scroll down to "Attractions and Entertainment" under each park picture, there's a "Read More" link that opens a list for that park that specifically lists what will be open. That's clearly a different (and more reliable) thing than simply checking the attractions list in MDE.

We are APs and staying at AKL for three nights in August. We have a reservation the last night of our stay at the Disney Springs Holiday Inn, an “official” Disney Springs hotel. I am assuming that I will NOT be able to schedule a park the day of the Holiday Inn stay this Monday since it is not something that could be connected on MDE and not a true Disney Resort, correct? Secondly, since I have three days that will be reserved on my resort stay trip, will that also mean I would not be able to reserve a park that Holiday Inn day during the AP booking window because of the three day rule? I am just not sure if my resort stay park reservations are “counting” in that three-day reservation rule for APs . . . 🤪

We are APs and staying at AKL for three nights in August. We have a reservation the last night of our stay at the Disney Springs Holiday Inn, an “official” Disney Springs hotel. I am assuming that I will NOT be able to schedule a park the day of the Holiday Inn stay this Monday since it is not something that could be connected on MDE and not a true Disney Resort, correct? Secondly, since I have three days that will be reserved on my resort stay trip, will that also mean I would not be able to reserve a park that Holiday Inn day during the AP booking window because of the three day rule? I am just not sure if my resort stay park reservations are “counting” in that three-day reservation rule for APs . . . 🤪
another excellent question, not the first or last on this, let us know Monday :D
seriously Disney was not clear about this only that you can book entire length of stay or 3 days without a resort stay

Hi Everyone,

I was reviewing the steps to make theme park reservations and noticed that the process, included the selection of a time to visit the park. So, you will need to select the date, the park, and time to enter the park. Does anyone have information or insight into the times that will be available? Is Disney going to clear out the parks at different times of the day and only give guests a few hours per day in a park? For example, morning slots are from 9am to 11 am / afternoon slots from 12:30 - 3:30 pm/ evening slots from 5pm - closing, etc.

I will see with everyone else on Monday morning and then decide if it worth a trip to see the Mouse this year.

Hi Everyone,

I was reviewing the steps to make theme park reservations and noticed that the process, included the selection of a time to visit the park. So, you will need to select the date, the park, and time to enter the park. Does anyone have information or insight into the times that will be available? Is Disney going to clear out the parks at different times of the day and only give guests a few hours per day in a park? For example, morning slots are from 9am to 11 am / afternoon slots from 12:30 - 3:30 pm/ evening slots from 5pm - closing, etc.

I will see with everyone else on Monday morning and then decide if it worth a trip to see the Mouse this year.
merged you to the existing thread
As of now we have gotten different reports
One from the leaked image if the system seems to show you pick park entry time, so you can pick to enter at 9am r 9:30am or 10am. From the leaked image it seems that the latest time to enter is 2 hours after that specific park's opening time then you can stay as long as you want or come and go to the same park
Another couple of posters have asked CM and they have been told this "pick a time" is just seeing the park hours and it has nothing to do with actually picking a time
To me it makes most sense to try and scatter people arriving at the parks so not everyone shows up at rope drop
but no one really knows and we will find out Monday

Hi Everyone,

The time to choose for WDW will be the park hours, not a specific time to enter..at least that is the information I have.

I have an update for those who rented DVC points and don't yet have park tickets (and I think this is inconsistent with information at least one other person posted here since yesterday):
I just used the chat function to ask questions about my January 2021 reservation, which was made by a disboards.com DVC member I rented points from. According to the CM I chatted with (and I took screen shots), I fall into the category of people who have a 2021 "resort only" reservation but no park tickets yet, meaning I'll be able to both buy tickets and make park reservations starting 6/24. I asked him what would happen if we pushed our trip back further into 2021, and he said I would have to cancel the park reservations and rebook. If the tickets I needed for the hypothetical later-in-2021 trip were more expensive than the original ones (because of a more expensive "season" like April), I would just have to pay the difference.

I gotta say I don't love having to spend another $5k or so (there are 10 of us) of non-refundable money this far in advance. I may just hold off and wait and see how things go. If Disney still needs to manage capacity in January, and the experience is still limited in terms of no parades, fireworks, and the million other things they've cancelled, chances are much better than 50% that we would try push our trip back anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter