WebmasterJackie

Senior Editor for The DIS & DCL Fan
Staff member
Administrator
Another day, another plant-based Disney dining option for Ryno. This time he is at Disney's Pop Century Resort to try the plant-based BBQ Burger and things did not go great.

Sorry this was such a disappointment for you. I have to say - just thinking about a burger with BBQ on it makes me nauseous (and I've never had a plant based burger), so that would be out for me in any way.
When you said "nothing goes 100% right for Ryno" - made me smile - I have what friends dubbed "Heidi-Ventures" - stuff that ONLY happens to me. And it usually ain't all good. So I get it, my friend. :) Gotta keep smiling though, right?

Boy that is weird My family on family chat was just talking about watching HeidI w Shirley Temple every year growing up ... what’s a Heidi- Venture?

I watched the video and was happy just to see POP !
Now I want to know what lentil chips are and I would be determined to walk over to try it at Art of Animation... as if it would be better Maybe ?
Hopefully. Sorry it was a waste of money and a disappointment about chips. But review was enjoyable, next time invite us all to meet up at POP to keep you company.
I think my favorite thing to order at POP is the oatmeal in the morning! It is the only way to get those little brown sugar packets for my coffee so I ask them for extra packets. They don’t put that on the self serve table for some reason.

Last edited:

Boy that is weird My family on family chat was just talking about watching HeidI w Shirley Temple every year growing up ... what’s a Heidi- Venture?

I watched the video and was happy just to see POP !
Now I want to know what lentil chips are and I would be determined to walk over to try it at Art of Animation... as if it would be better Maybe ?
My Mom (who passed away when I was a wee babe of 3) actually named me after that movie - she supposedly loved Shirley Temple. :)
A "Heidi-Venture" is a term coined by friends who have seen weird/unusual things that happen to me, that they always say they could never imagine happening to anybody else. Oftentimes not good, but nor horrific either. Just unusual, and "story-worthy".
One of my friend's favorite examples - We stayed at a room in a hotel we had stayed at several times before in Atlantic City a few months after 9/11. There was a metal thing that looked like a cross bolted to to the middle of the top of the bedside table between the 2 beds. Despite long examination and discussion, neither of us could figure out what it was. I decided to ask the Front Desk when we went down there. Long story short - the Bomb Squad was apparently summoned to our room for "something suspicious".
What was "the something suspicious"? Turns out they were getting ready to refurb the room, and had "unbolted" the TV remote that had been previously bolted to the top of the night stand, but left the hardware still there - something I had never seen - not in any other room of that hotel, nor any other hotel since. Who knew stealing a TV remote from this particular room (or any room, really?) was such a big thing they felt they had to bolt it down? And that me innocently asking about it would cause such a huge fuss?
"Heidi-Venture".
:o

Last edited:
That’s so interesting. I googled and apparently you aren’t the only Heidi ventures online.
Back on topic, I am learning to enjoy more of the Disboards .
Thank you to all the contributors that make this a friendly interesting place to visit when we can’t visit. It’s like we all would be best friends almost... haha

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!