VGF1 Resale Prices

What is the maximum price you would pay for VGF1 Resale?

• $200+

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • $190 - $199

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • $180 - $189

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • $170 - $179

Votes: 20 19.8%
  • $165 - $169

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • $160 - $164

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • $155 - $159

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • $150 - $154

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Below $150

Votes: 12 11.9%
  • I wouldn't buy VGF points right now at any price

Votes: 14 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DKZB

Mouseketeer
I am mulling purchasing a VGF 1 resale contract. Just curious, with VGF 2 right around the corner, how much would you pay for VGF 1 resale?

I watch VGF constantly.

I bought VGF in the Covid slump in the 150s, so it's hard for me to stomach current pricing. I don't see any way VGF2 opens near RIV pricing. I think it will be sky high and protect my VGF1 pricing. My guess six months ago was 275. That said, I haven't put my money where my mouth is. I saw a 180s I thought seriously about not long ago, but I didn't do it. And, all of that was before the current firesale pricing at Aulani and Boardwalk, which I didn't think would happen.

It's still possible that the lawyers play games between VGF1 and 2. No one has actually seen the documentation. That would be a good thing for VGF1 pricing, maybe?

Generally speaking, if you are looking for studios, I think VGF points are a winner. Even at pricing this high, they are in SAP value, because of how long the contract is. If you want bigger units, I would be looking elsewhere. To buy right now, you have to be at peace with value uncertainty on your points in the short run, depending on how DVC opens pricing. It would be hard for me to stomach a quick drop, because I don't plan on holding long.

I have a feeling the pricing for the GF new villas is going to be very high, it’ll help them ease into the astronomical pricing I’m sure the new DL tower will have.

Nah, vgf will be aligned to the recent boardwalk sales and incentives

anyone hoping for higher prices are already vgf owners and in full freak out mode. Disney is going to have a hard enough time selling 2 million points at $200, why would anyone think they go into the $270s. Again comes from current owners of vgf worried about their own investments

anyone hoping for higher prices are already vgf owners and in full freak out mode. Disney is going to have a hard enough time selling 2 million points at $200, why would anyone think they go into the $270s. Again comes from current owners of vgf worried about their own investments
I tend to agree here - in my mind, a significantly lower price than $250 is the only reason for Disney to have hit pause on selling VGF1 points direct. The roughly year or so of no sales will take some of the sting out of it for owners who bought for $250/pt since they will have gotten 1-2 years of use by the time VGF2 starts selling.
FWIW, I am a VGF owner (currently all direct bought at $250/pt since we sold our resale contract when prices topped $200/pt for resale). I would not currently consider VGF resale points unless they were under $180/pt

My base case is that I generally think the INCENTIVES will be similar to BWV/Aulani but the base price will be in the $245 range. That would bring cost with incentives closer to to $230 @ 150pts and closer to or below $200 @ 300pts+

It's still possible that the lawyers play games between VGF1 and 2. No one has actually seen the documentation. That would be a good thing for VGF1 pricing, maybe

I have suspected that we may get a shock and DVC have wrangled a way to introduce restrictions. I cannot fathom how they can possible sell a restricted and unrestricted product at the same time. Either Riviera's restrictions are brought into line with VGF2 or vice versa. DVC is about to get even more complicated for the unsuspecting buyer if not. I can't see how Riviera becomes an attractive product in comparison to an unrestricted VGF2 which seems that DVC would be cutting off their nose to spite their face.

I have suspected that we may get a shock and DVC have wrangled a way to introduce restrictions. I cannot fathom how they can possible sell a restricted and unrestricted product at the same time. Either Riviera's restrictions are brought into line with VGF2 or vice versa. DVC is about to get even more complicated for the unsuspecting buyer if not. I can't see how Riviera becomes an attractive product in comparison to an unrestricted VGF2 which seems that DVC would be cutting off their nose to spite their face.

They are already selling a restricted and unrestricted product at the same time. Aulani has no resale restrictions but Riviera does and both are actively selling properties.

I'm not saying they wont figure out a way but based on the info I have heard, they will need to jump through legal hoops.

I think Disney views VGF as a "premium" product anyway and so will command a higher price but if you add the value of no resale restrictions it even further justifies the idea that it will be priced higher than Riviera.

Honestly, I think the average new buyer doesn’t have as much knowledge about it as those hear and I’d bet most don’t care or see them as a big deal.

So, I am not sure that this will play a big role in the choice for many. I still think most buyers choose based on resort.

It is why people are buying RIV both direct and resale because in the end, for those buyers…myself included…the restrictions when selling really are not a big deal in the scheme of things.

Not a VGF owner and they don't need to rush VGF at all.

Draw people in with VGF and if it's too expensive push RIV or others. They just don't need the money that bad.

We likely will see another price increase across the board even by the time VGF launches.

Not a VGF owner and they don't need to rush VGF at all.

Draw people in with VGF and if it's too expensive push RIV or others. They just don't need the money that bad.

We likely will see another price increase across the board even by the time VGF launches.

dis will have street projections for sales. Real estate like any commodity has a shelf life And is a liability on the books. By that logic they could set each point at $1000 and just wait for the buyer. However the longer it sits the less money dis makes

Basic Economics are in play here governed by supply and demand. Disney will have two resorts selling in wdw plus one in Hawaii. Investors won’t tolerate poor sales. Yes dis will extract as much value they can, but they also want to sell and for each sale that equates in park spend which is sure worth more than a couple extra bucks per point

dis will have street projections for sales. Real estate like any commodity has a shelf life And is a liability on the books. By that logic they could set each point at $1000 and just wait for the buyer. However the longer it sits the less money dis makes

Basic Economics are in play here governed by supply and demand. Disney will have two resorts selling in wdw plus one in Hawaii. Investors won’t tolerate poor sales. Yes dis will extract as much value they can, but they also want to sell and for each sale that equates in park spend which is sure worth more than a couple extra bucks per point

I agree but I think a modestly higher price on VGF vs RIV will actually help RIV sales. Instead, you are seeing OKW as one of the best selling products now a days. Why... those who think RIV is too high of a price are dropping to a lower cost alternative. I think Disney is counting on a simlar thing with RIV and having a High (VGF, DLT) Middle (RIV) and Low (AUL, OKW) model for sales

I agree but I think a modestly higher price on VGF vs RIV will actually help RIV sales. Instead, you are seeing OKW as one of the best selling products now a days. Why... those who think RIV is too high of a price are dropping to a lower cost alternative. I think Disney is counting on a simlar thing with RIV and having a High (VGF, DLT) Middle (RIV) and Low (AUL, OKW) model for sales

The numbers for OKW support it was more current owners adding on and not new buyers who went to OKW in the summer as the number of contracts sold vs points didn’t average to the 150 needed. And we know the restrictions are a big reason for that.

I do agree it won’t be the same as RIV but just can’t see it being as huge a difference as some imagine.

The new VGF is all studios and is going to make the resort very studio heavy. So, I think it’s going to have to priced to offset that.

I also have shared I think the BWV incentives is a hint that they are trying to adjust sales strategies after the pandemic and will use it to guide what they do moving forward.

Last edited:
By that logic they could set each point at $1000

Ah I see you subscribed to reductio ad absurdum.

By your logic they should price it $1.... See how I did that?

DVC is set to have at least 1 more price increase before VGF launch so having VGF launch at $250+ isn't really out of the ordinary compared to resort pricing.

I think it's more likely to be $275 than the $200-$205 that people have kept pushing as then it would be priced under RIV which makes little sense.

The numbers for OKW support it was more current owners adding on and not new buyers who went to OKW in the summer as the number of contracts sold vs points didn’t average to the 150 needed. And we know the restrictions are a big reason for that.

I do agree it won’t be the same as RIV but just can’t see it being as huge a difference as some imagine.

The new VGF is all studios and is going to make the resort very studio heavy. So, I think it’s going to have to priced to offset that.

I also have shared I think the BWV incentives is a hint that they are trying to adjust sales strategies after the pandemic and will use it to guide what they do moving forward.

Interesting. I didn’t see the “add on” theory on OKW.

Ah I see you subscribed to reductio ad absurdum.

By your logic they should price it $1.... See how I did that?

DVC is set to have at least 1 more price increase before VGF launch so having VGF launch at $250+ isn't really out of the ordinary compared to resort pricing.

I think it's more likely to be $275 than the $200-$205 that people have kept pushing as then it would be priced under RIV which makes little sense.

I think realistically you could see $200-$205 AFTER incentives for larger contracts. The base price I would think would be much closer to the $250 number

Very interesting results so far. Don't want to spoil it for those who haven't yet voted but I'm happy that my view of a reasonable price given the uncertainty is in line with many others!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!