VGF1 Resale Prices

What is the maximum price you would pay for VGF1 Resale?

• $200+

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • $190 - $199

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • $180 - $189

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • $170 - $179

Votes: 20 19.8%
  • $165 - $169

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • $160 - $164

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • $155 - $159

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • $150 - $154

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Below $150

Votes: 12 11.9%
  • I wouldn't buy VGF points right now at any price

Votes: 14 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The point charts for the one bedrooms, especially the lake view, are monumentally high, so I think the seven month availability will be more affected than the 11 month.
I guess I just struggle to understand how anyone, knowing that those rooms are already almost impossible to book, could ever think that joining a legion of other people as new VGF2 owners now also fighting to book those same few rooms, would be a viable solution.

I guess I just struggle to understand how anyone, knowing that those rooms are already almost impossible to book, could ever think that joining a legion of other people as new VGF2 owners now also fighting to book those same few rooms, would be a viable solution.

I guess the question is, if you price them as SAP, does it really matter that larger rooms may get harder to book? We already know SSR and OKW typically have good availability at 7 month. The way I look at it, if I price them as SAP then:

1. IF availability is the same at 11 months - that is a win
2. IF I want a studio close to MK - that is a win
3. IF availability is worse than expected AND i don't want a studio - I can stay at any other resort open at 7 months and I paid a similar long term price as had I owned SSR which has consistently been the SAP capital of WDW

To me....you have to get VGF1 Resale below $165 for it to be a good deal IMHO

We know going in that since we want to use them at the new resort for a 2 bedroom every other year...or fall back, do a mix of 1 bedroom and a studio at the new place..its not going to be easy with all the new points. But, now that that walkway is built, we want to own there, and buying resale is not an option for us due to the restriction for use at RIV.

So, it's worth the shot to try for those. I don't think it will get easier for owners, but harder for the new building with the exception of studios. But, it just shows that while many new buyers of these points may be buying for Big Pine Key, there will be a lot that will buy to own direct VGF to stay at the original building...putting a strain on things.

I look at like this... At 7 months, u can sometime squeek a 1 or 2br at VGF (it's spotty, but sometimes) The studios are long gone. DVC isn't interested in your preferences. It wants to offer studios that people will stampede to book. They are not going to waste points on a 1or 2br if they can snag a studio. The majority of DVC folk are looking for a bargain. It's definately going to bring down their flagship product.

I look at like this... At 7 months, u can sometime squeek a 1 or 2br at VGF (it's spotty, but sometimes) The studios are long gone. DVC isn't interested in your preferences. It wants to offer studios that people will stampede to book. They are not going to waste points on a 1or 2br if they can snag a studio. The majority of DVC folk are looking for a bargain. It's definately going to bring down their flagship product.

how is it going to bring down the flagship?

If you look at 7 months from right now, every single 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom room is completely open. You could book a week long stay no problem.

Maybe for certain times of the year they are difficult to book. Not for the times I tend to travel though.

I doubt that Disney preferred to add just studios. This seems to be a decision driven by convenience. The majority of the rooms in the existing building are just easier and cheaper to convert to studios.

What may end up happening is that you will find yourself with some interesting options at the VGF. For a small family where the parents wanted some privacy, a 1 bedroom villa may have been the most economical option. Now perhaps you could get two connecting studios.

If you look at 7 months from right now, every single 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom room is completely open. You could book a week long stay no problem.
But 7 months from now is summertime. That's the easiest time of the year to book something at 7 months. Most of those worried are thinking about their Fall to Marathon weekend trips.

But 7 months from now is summertime. That's the easiest time of the year to book something at 7 months. Most of those worried are thinking about their Fall to Marathon weekend trips.
A few more years of points shifting seasons from summer to fall may ameliorate those concerns considerably.

I’ll say for Marathon weekends the extra studios I think will come in very handy. I think many runners are like my wife and I and book something without the kids for the weekend. The studios workout perfectly for that.
Your point is valid about the fall frenzy though.

But, at least for me, the one bedroom lake view is easy to book at 11 months. It’s one of the priciest options at WDW. I don’t think they’re suddenly going to be impossible to book. They’re still going to be too expensive for most of the value oriented buyers.
The problem I think will become the seven month availability.

Summer time is also the only time many people with kids (or people who are teachers) can even really think about taking an extended trip of any kind. Which is why the point charts are higher, because Disney World is more popular to visit during those months.

The DVC is sort of an anomaly in that regard. I assume it has more to do with people wanting to get the most out of their points than anything else. Or maybe it's just the demographics of DVC owners vs the general populace.

It's definitely not just weather. If it was, the Jan-Mar period would be consistently busy as well. Instead, it is driven mostly by race weekends, President's Week, a few large states' spring breaks, and a few other odds and ends.

I guess the question is, if you price them as SAP, does it really matter that larger rooms may get harder to book? We already know SSR and OKW typically have good availability at 7 month. The way I look at it, if I price them as SAP then:

1. IF availability is the same at 11 months - that is a win
2. IF I want a studio close to MK - that is a win
3. IF availability is worse than expected AND i don't want a studio - I can stay at any other resort open at 7 months and I paid a similar long term price as had I owned SSR which has consistently been the SAP capital of WDW

To me....you have to get VGF1 Resale below $165 for it to be a good deal IMHO
This was exactly my reasoning for purchasing VGF resale (prior to the announcement of VGF2). I would be happy at SSR, but the price per point (considering dues and number of years left) was better and I get the 11 month advantage. Also, VGF resale had held value (we will see what happens with the release of VGF2), so if I wanted to sell later then I was probably only out dues which are the lowest on property. Of course, it’s all up in the air now, but I’m still happy with my decision.

Maybe for certain times of the year they are difficult to book. Not for the times I tend to travel though.

I doubt that Disney preferred to add just studios. This seems to be a decision driven by convenience. The majority of the rooms in the existing building are just easier and cheaper to convert to studios.

What may end up happening is that you will find yourself with some interesting options at the VGF. For a small family where the parents wanted some privacy, a 1 bedroom villa may have been the most economical option. Now perhaps you could get two connecting studios.
This is very true! We prefer a 1 bedroom for the space, but 2 studios with 2 full bathrooms could be worth more than the kitchen we rarely use as our girls get older.
Of course, I really wish they would keep the microwave and toaster in the resort studios. I’m okay without the sink, but I like being able to heat something up for a quick breakfast or late night snack.

This was exactly my reasoning for purchasing VGF resale (prior to the announcement of VGF2). I would be happy at SSR, but the price per point (considering dues and number of years left) was better and I get the 11 month advantage. Also, VGF resale had held value (we will see what happens with the release of VGF2), so if I wanted to sell later then I was probably only out dues which are the lowest on property. Of course, it’s all up in the air now, but I’m still happy with my decision.
If gfv goes on sale at $207 without incentives resale prices will likely go to sub $180/$170 at the highest price point

This is very true! We prefer a 1 bedroom for the space, but 2 studios with 2 full bathrooms could be worth more than the kitchen we rarely use as our girls get older.
Of course, I really wish they would keep the microwave and toaster in the resort studios. I’m okay without the sink, but I like being able to heat something up for a quick breakfast or late night snack.

I am still holding out hope that they will add those back in later on. That is the nice thing about it, those would be an easy "update". People have said that you can request one...cash guests have...so maybe they figure that is a better way to go.

While we don't use it, I can see it being nice for those that do and don't think the counter space it takes up somewhere would be that big of an inconvenience! I wonder if they decided for now to leave them out so that they can open the rooms without worrying about potential supply issues???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter