Update on Earl of Sandwich

We only eat sandwiches on vacation too! There is no way they would fit into a daily lifestyle calorie budget for me! :rotfl: My personal fav at EoS is the Tuna Melt, and I love the veggie. Before I gave up poultry, I also enjoyed the Hawaiian BBQ sans the ham. The boys are all meat eaters, and they LOVE The Earl's Club, the meatball sandwiches, and my DS17 adores The Full Montagu. All of their sandwiches are big and easy to share.

We only eat sandwiches on vacation too! There is no way they would fit into a daily lifestyle calorie budget for me! :rotfl: My personal fav at EoS is the Tuna Melt, and I love the veggie. Before I gave up poultry, I also enjoyed the Hawaiian BBQ sans the ham. The boys are all meat eaters, and they LOVE The Earl's Club, the meatball sandwiches, and my DS17 adores The Full Montagu. All of their sandwiches are big and easy to share.

ooooh TUNA?! Yum! I am really glad to hear that the tuna is good! Love tuna melts! My Dh is a big meat eater guy too, so I am sure he'll love some of your boy's choices!I think I'm going to need to check out the menu...and drool! giggle! Thanks for the tips! It's a bummer that it won't be opened for your trip, but I hope you have a fabulous time!!!

ooooh TUNA?! Yum! I am really glad to hear that the tuna is good! Love tuna melts! My Dh is a big meat eater guy too, so I am sure he'll love some of your boy's choices!I think I'm going to need to check out the menu...and drool! giggle! Thanks for the tips! It's a bummer that it won't be opened for your trip, but I hope you have a fabulous time!!!
Thank you and I know we will have a wonderful trip. Only a week to go and I am getting to that wonderful point of constant excitement. Enjoy your perusal of the menu; I wish I had pictures of some sandwiches that I could post for you, but we've never managed to be patient enough to take pics before eating them! :lmao:

I wish I had pictures of some sandwiches that I could post for you, but we've never managed to be patient enough to take pics before eating them! :lmao:
:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2: That IS always a problem with Disney Park food with us too! We start eating and go DARN! We wanted a pic of that...oh well...chomp, chomp...bwhahaha :p

I LOVE sandwiches! I reserve them for special occasions and vacations only though, since they have so much bread, so when I do eat a sandwich I want it to be SPECTACULAR! :D So what do you like to get to eat there?? What do you think is the best of EoS?

I think it's their toasted bread that makes the sandwich.

My favorite is the Original 1762 (Roast Beef, Cheddar and Horseradish)

My DW's favorite is the All American (Turkey, Ranch, Cranberries, Cheddar, Lettuce and Tomato)

My oldest DS's favorite is the Club (Turkey, Bacon, Swiss, Tomato, special sauce)

My middle DS also likes the Club, but minus everything but Turkey and Bacon.

My Youngest loves Cannonballs! (Meatballs, Mozzarella, Parmesan and Marinara)

We almost always get the same thing each time.

We also enjoy their breakfast sandwiches.

Looking forward to visiting EOS in DLR's DTD too.

Thank you and I know we will have a wonderful trip. Only a week to go and I am getting to that wonderful point of constant excitement. Enjoy your perusal of the menu; I wish I had pictures of some sandwiches that I could post for you, but we've never managed to be patient enough to take pics before eating them! :lmao:

There are pictures on the EOS website.

I LOVE sandwiches! I reserve them for special occasions and vacations only though, since they have so much bread, so when I do eat a sandwich I want it to be SPECTACULAR! :D So what do you like to get to eat there?? What do you think is the best of EoS?

I love the Caprese... good god, it is DELICIOUS.

But.. if you ever go during a holiday, they have a special sandwich with turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce.. best. sandwich. ever!!!

we were just talking about this on chat the other night...not even close to opening yet...I think that it probably will open around the christmas holiday season...so im going with sometime in Nov. or early Dec.

I love the Caprese... good god, it is DELICIOUS.

But.. if you ever go during a holiday, they have a special sandwich with turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce.. best. sandwich. ever!!!

do you know that for years I have been doing that with my leftover thanksgiving dinner..and then Im thinking it was like 2007 or 2008, there was this place in Vegas that I went to that had that sandwich...they call it "the bobbie"...it was amazing and in the last 2 or so years Ive seen and heard of a bajillion places that have done that...however, I am the original...just unfortunate that I didnt think of patenting the idea:headache::lmao:

So happy this is going in. We'll be there in December so counting on it being opened by then!

I emailed EOS Corporate offices and asked them when the Disneyland location would be open.

This is the response I got:
Thank you for contacting Earl of Sandwich. We are pleased to announce that our Downtown Disney, Anaheim location will be opening in late September. Please check back to our website, Facebook, and Twitter for updates. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Thank you,

Earl of Sandwich Guest Services

So... There we go. Until October 1st... :p

I emailed EOS Corporate offices and asked them when the Disneyland location would be open.

This is the response I got:

So... There we go. Until October 1st... :p

I did notice in their response to you that they did not mention the year, just the month.....:rotfl:

So maybe it's sept 2013 ;)

My husband, Earl, is excited to try the Earl of Sandwich on our October trip. Wonder if he'll get a free one since they named the restaurant after him....:scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter