Update on Earl of Sandwich

Hmm, we popped into a shop called Apricot Lane recently, and I'm talking within the past couple of weeks, and I swear it was in the exact location of the photo posted earlier in this thread. No walls or construction in that area that I remember. :confused3

FWIW, we thought the sales girls in that shop were awful, they barely even acknowledged our presence. I say boot them ASAP and bring on The Earl!

Anyone else been down that way recently who can confirm or deny what I'm remembering? I really hope I'm wrong.
Apricot Lane is on the east side of the AMC Theatre entrance, and EoS is on the west side. See the wikimapia someone posted.

Dateline Disneyland posted a photo of the "progress" on Monday, June 25:

IMG1345-X2.jpg

Photo credit - Dateline Disneyland 6/25 - http://micechat.com/6580-california-entertainment-cars-land-crowds-matterhorn-climbers-more/

:earsboy:

We are here now.We drove from NC and stopped in Las Vegas for 3 nights.We went to the Earl of Sandwich there.It was just as good as Orlando.You can buy an extra loaf of bread for .99 which is really good.You could easily make 2 sandwiches from 1. I Am going to ask tomorrow when we go to the parks for any updates.Will let you know if I find out any news.
Thanks for posting this!
I was reading this thread thinking, "I've never heard of this, but it looks so good... I can't wait for one to come to Disneyland so we can go down and try it."

Then you posted that and I found out we have them here in Las Vegas where I live! Even better!

:banana:

I want it to open now!!! LOL come on, only 1 week until my visit....

Thanks for posting the photo of the "progress," but it doesn't look good for our upcoming trip. :sad2:

LOL, the progess looks exactly as it did back in April!

I still wonder why they didnt push to get it open by June like everything else, but oh well!

Cant wait to try it whenever it opens!

Well, another week has gone by. I thought (against all odds) that I'd check to see if anyone has any news about progress on good ol' EoS. ;)

Well, another week has gone by. I thought (against all odds) that I'd check to see if anyone has any news about progress on good ol' EoS. ;)

Same as it used to be. Since some of the tarps came down it they must be closing in. I'd guess 2-3 weeks at the least.

I still wonder why they didnt push to get it open by June like everything else, but oh well!

It's probably had to do with ending the lease with Compass Books the former tennent. Not enough time to switch it to a restaurant.

I don't know. It doesn't even look close. When we asked a security guy at DTD on Tuesday where it was, he showed us the correct corner, but advised us that it hadn't been built yet. It certainly doesn't look like any progress has been made.

We've enjoyed Earl of Sandwich at WDW and Las Vegas. It will be a welcome addition at Downtown Disney.

Woody

Hmmm....I think I know what I will be eating after my half marathon;)

Cant be too long now. I would think that they would want to catch as much of the Carsland/summer crowds as possible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter