Update on Earl of Sandwich

woody73 said:
The last time I did the half marathon, it finished not far from where the Earl of Sandwich will be.

Woody

Yipee!!??

Cant be too long now. I would think that they would want to catch as much of the Carsland/summer crowds as possible!

If the one in WDW's DTD is any premonition, there won't be an issue of them wanting to catch a crowd. One will be there daily. Regardless of the season.

Today's Dateline Disneyland (link) has three construction photos...

or lack-of-construction photos: :)

07-09-12-IMG_4403.jpg

07-09-12-IMG_4405.jpg

07-09-12-IMG_4409.jpg

Photo credits - Dateline Disneyland - http://micechat.com/7539-california-adventures-finishing-touches/

:earsboy:

Nuts!:headache: This looks very similar to the pictures posted earlier in this thread.

Well they've done the demo work at least. It's nowhere near being done though :(

I apparently read here too much b/c the other night I had a dream that I took photos of a nearly complete EOS while there end of July to show you all. :rotfl:

On a positive note... when we walked past today not only could we see someone inside, we heard what sounded like construction noise. That's a first, at least when we've been up that way.

That does not look anywhere close to being done. :worried: I was so hoping to go there this trip.

On a positive note... when we walked past today not only could we see someone inside, we heard what sounded like construction noise. That's a first, at least when we've been up that way.

That's a real good sign!

We are hoping it's ready in 2012 as our visit is very early 2013. EOS is our favorite CS in all of WDW. We were thinking we could eat Breakfast there each morning when we visit DLR and at least once more for lunch or dinner.

:(Well, I have to pick three places to eat to fill our meals there now. We were hoping to have EoS three times! I should have given up sooner as there has been little hope that construction would be complete in time for our trip, but denial is a powerful thing! :rotfl:

Ok, it's been another week. Does anyone have any news, updates, or photos? I'm sure it won't be open soon, but I'd love to hear that there is progress taking place!

I still dont understand why Disney just doesnt give an opening date?? Its a little bizare since they have on everything else this summer. Maybe they just dont know it yet? Seems odd but hopefully they will soon. Anyway based on what it looks like now, last Aug-early Sept. earliest at this point.

I sure hope it's open by mid September, my BF will be heartbroken if it isn't... it's half the reason he is excited for our DL stay :upsidedow

Ok, it's been another week. Does anyone have any news, updates, or photos? I'm sure it won't be open soon, but I'd love to hear that there is progress taking place!

MC (micechat in the parks update) had an update with pictures on July 12th...work on the outside of the building.

Thanks, Disneyanajc. I found those photos. To be honest, I think they look identical to the ones posted here by S. S. Columbia. In truth, it appears that there has been zero progress since they first cleared the bookstore. At this point, I just have my fingers crossed that the location will be complete by the time I drive DS17 to college in the middle of September. :rolleyes:

Yup, we're crossing our fingers for the end of September/beginning of October! With how much good stuff I've heard about EoS, I REALLY want to try their sammies!!! YUM!

Yup, we're crossing our fingers for the end of September/beginning of October! With how much good stuff I've heard about EoS, I REALLY want to try their sammies!!! YUM!

That's why I am obsessed (to the point of irritation, I'm sure) with updates...our family is addicted to EoS and prior to this, we've only been able to enjoy them during our infrequent visits to WDW. We are anxious to have a west coast offering, although it seems we are destined to wait a little longer. ;)

That's why I am obsessed (to the point of irritation, I'm sure) with updates...our family is addicted to EoS and prior to this, we've only been able to enjoy them during our infrequent visits to WDW. We are anxious to have a west coast offering, although it seems we are destined to wait a little longer. ;)

I LOVE sandwiches! I reserve them for special occasions and vacations only though, since they have so much bread, so when I do eat a sandwich I want it to be SPECTACULAR! :D So what do you like to get to eat there?? What do you think is the best of EoS?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter