Underdog & Tart Girl BOBing on the Magic, Plus the Mystery of the Red Br@ FE

CRUISE DAY CONTINUED!!.....

Where was I ? Oh yes, the sailaway party was a blast then we headed out to the secrect deck 7 to watch from a more quiet venue.
We loved watching the ship roll out to sea from here. And we were joined by some great friends too!!:grouphug:

DSC03960_edited-1.jpg

Take us out to sea Mr Murdoch.:wizard:
DSC03961.jpg

Since we were on the early rotation dining, we had to kind of hustle to get the cabin organized a bit before getting ready. Somehow Robin found time for a nap while i got the cabin in order.:rolleyes1;);)
DSC03934.jpg

Now Robin and Underdog have always prefered the early dining rotation.
No particular reason, we just dont like to eat late.
Underdogs a little on the picky side when it comes to food,(just a little) so if you're looking for a food trip report, you've come to the wrong place.:rolleyes1
Fellow disser Joanne had offered to contact DCL to link up our dining with other bobbers. (and we thank her for that)
At our table we had Walt and Di from Texas, Heather and Rick from UK, Steve and Laura from Ca along with their 2 kids, plus Robin and myself from OH.
We had a great time all week and really enjoyed everyones company.:grouphug:

DSC04387.jpg

We had Parrot Cay the first night. Seems my eating habits were going to be a problem right off the bat.:headache:
Mikey is a "meat and French fries" kind of guy. None of that fancy stuff for me. Disney had always listed Sirlion Steak as part of their "lighter faire" at the bottom of each menu. Seems they recently took that off the menu and replaced it with SeaBass(with laser beams) or some other food that mikey no likey.:sick:

I asked our server if i could just order a steak, and he said he'd see what he could do. He'd have to ask.:rolleyes1 Well i got my steak, but rumor had it that a friend and fellow bobber Lori, (who's eating habits rival my own :laughing:) was denied a steak at dinner.:eek:

Heather to rescue when our Head Server Simone strolled around later. Princess Heather :flower3:(as i like to call her) told him of the "Steak Debate" as it has come to be known, and he assured us that if we wanted steak every night, we'll get it. If i wanted Filet every night, he'd get it for me.
So the next night i ordered 2 Filets and all was right with the world.:yay:
I usually dont like my food touching, but i made an exception for the steak and fries.:rolleyes1:thumbsup2

DSC04085.jpg

Later in the cruise, i threw our servers a curveball and ordered chicken and fries.:lmao::rotfl2:
DSC04386.jpg

Now before the cruise, Robin and I had decided we were going to skip the shows this time. Dont get us wrong, the shows are great :wizard::3dglasses,
but we had seen them many times and figured for a change we'd just explore the ship during show times.:hug:or smoochers on deck 10;)

So after dinner, we went back to our cabin and decorated our door.:wizard:

DSC04022.jpg

DSC04024.jpg

DSC04025.jpg

Some of the magnets we brought with us. Many of the others were placed there by bobbers.:grouphug: We loved em all. Robin put a tablet on our door so people could leave messages. We kept the messages as souvenirs.

Somewhere early on on the cruise, we began to notice that we had REALLY NOISY neighbors.:scared1::eek:
The guy was constantly yelling at his wife.:sad2: We kept trying to figure out where it was coming from, (that glass trick doesnt work very well););), but wernt really sure.:confused3
After a few days of trying to ignore it, i told the cabin hostess about it. We told her if if got worse, we'd let her know.
But as i told her, "sooner of later, they are going to makeup" and i dont want to hear that too. (well maybe I did):rolleyes1;)pirate:

But more on that later.
We were getting ready to head to Rockin Bar D.:headache::laughing:
For those of you who sailed on KK1, you know all about the history of Underdog and that place.:headache:;)
For those of you who didnt, lets just say, Mikey was in the wrong place at the wrong time as evident in this video from 2007.:rolleyes1
I did however "Bring home the gold"

As God as my witness, i vowed never to let that happen again.:3dglasses
I took comfort after hearing from Cass that they no longer did the scavenger hunt game on the ship.:yay:
As we sat amongst a large group of bobbers in RBD, they picked the teams for the Match Your Mate game. Fellow bobbers Dan & Nancy were picked and we all enjoyed seeing them on stage. We'll always remember the "Gone with the Wind" answer,:rotfl: and they forever became known as Scarlet & Rhett.
Leisha, Nan, Dan & Joanne
DSC03964.jpg

Much to my dismay....They did indeed have the scavenger hunt (was Cass lying to me?) Teams were chosen and tasks were done. All the while in the back of my mind i knew Robin was going to be pushing me up on stage for the bra finale.:headache: (although she did manage to get our tablemate Steve to go up without his shirt on):rotfl:

We all knew theres no way i could have done that task as i've had a previous heart surgery, and it seems since then the ladies find my scar irresistable.;);)
Its a curse i must live with.:cool2:

Ahem....exactly when did I say there wasn't a scavenger hunt? :rolleyes1

I don't recall saying any such thing!! In fact, I was hoping for an encore, remember? ;)

oh you said it all right.:headache:

but me thinks you said it as a joke to try and make me feel safe.:lmao:

(you were probably too sick to remember.):sick:

As you can see. the Bobbers ruled an entire wing of RBD.:grouphug:

DSC03965_edited-1.jpg

DSC03963_edited-1.jpg

DSC03962_edited-1.jpg

For those not familiar with the scavenger hunt finale, a male member of each team must go up on stage wearing lipstick, a br@, womens shoes earings and carry a purse.:headache: Knowing my lovely bride will do anything to win, and she knows i'd do anything for her, sure enough the time came for the need for a womens br@ Robin turned to Rose hoping she would help. But Rose resonded "I'm not wearing one".:cloud9: Well Mikey was like "Hello Rose my name is Mike, but you can call me Underdog":cloud9: "You're my new best friend".:love:
I knew i could tease Rose without fear of getting beaten up because her boyfriend Bob was unable to join her on this cruise.:sad2: Rose made sure we didnt forget him though as she brought his picture with her.:thumbsup2
(not that we would forget him anyway:cool1:)
DSC04488.jpg

Since Rose didnt have a br@, Robin promptly whipped hers off and put it on me.:scared1: I recall telling her, "this was just like our first date all over again".;):rotfl::laughing: Scary how fast that thing came off.:eek::scared1:
Well i ended up on stage alright, but wasnt selected as a finalist. (i made sure of that):rolleyes1 (by the way...Paige has really big feet;):laughing:
note the amazing job of applying lipstick done by Robin.

DSC03969_edited-1.jpg

enjoy the video.:3dglassespopcorn::

So an amazing day that had started at 4 am was sadly coming to an end.
:wizard:

Underdog and Minnie as BigRed seemed to be enjoying their "alone time";)

DSC04027.jpg

Underdog was given to me by Angie :flower3: and the Minnie was a gift from Carrie and Scott from KK1.:thumbsup2
That Minnie as BigRed has really gotten around (much like the real Red) as she made the trip on the repo cruise with Becky and Sean in 2008.:3dglasses

Perhaps this is a good time to get everyone caught up on the whole BIGRED mystery as well as the Mystery of the Red Br@ Fish Extender.popcorn::
Several years ago, a women moved into our condo area. A very lovely redhaired lady.:cutie: One day a friend of mine noticed her and commented he knew her and that she was a stripper at a local club.:yay::woohoo:

Ever since then, Robin and our daughter Cassie nicknamed her Cinnamon.:cutie: Well it was around that time that a girl joined the dis and called herself " BigRed". Now the similarities between Cinnamon and Red were uncanny, but we could never be sure if there was any link.:confused3;)
We do know both ladies have "amazing personalities"(if you get my drift):cloud9:And they both seem to have a fondness for men with scars,pirate: which bodes well for Underdog.pirate:

BigRed joined the KKers on the 2007 cruise.:thumbsup2 For some unknown reason, she seemed to strike a negative cord among the other ladies of the KK cruise, and the Bob cruise as well.:confused3 Perhaps it was her constant flirting with the men. Or perhaps the other women just wanted to be more like BigRed.:cloud9:

The Bobber ladies seemed intent on pushing Red overboard if they could.:eek:
Although some doubted that she would sink because of her "amazing personalities".:cloud9:

Early in the trip, we came back to our cabin to find someone had placed a new Fish Extender on our hook.:eek: It was indeed a red Br@ sewn together
and written on it "Mikes fish extender".:rotfl:

DSC04028.jpg

Thus began the mystery. I made it my mission to find out who left this new FE. Was it the mysterious BigRed? Or some other Bobber looking to confuse Underdog? Stay tuned.popcorn::

This next post is an experiment to see if this video will show on here.
If it does, i'm not as dumb as i thought. If it doesnt, i'm just as dumb as i thought.:rolleyes1popcorn::

click the pic.

Its amazing the amount of attention you get Mike....even if it is for your shirt.

After boarding the ship, we headed straight to Parrot Cay for lunch with Nancy & Chuck, Tony and Stacy.:dance3:

DSC03930.jpg

At 1:30 we went to check out our cabin!!:thumbsup2
After a little disagreement with our TA earlier in the month, (we were a cat 12 GTA but somewhere there was a mixup), we were upgraded to a deck 5 inside stateroom. We were very pleased with this cabin, for a day or so anyway.:rolleyes1:rotfl: (more on that later.popcorn::)

We had a dismeet scheduled at 3 by the Mickey pool so until then we walked the ship a little. We had been wondering what had happened to our friends Walt and Di from Texas who we had previously met on our 2005 cruise (and again in 2007) and became great friends.:grouphug:
We knew they were at WDW before the cruise, and we thought for sure they had to be aboard by now. We didnt track them down till the dismeet.
Walt and Di
DSC03948.jpg

Nancy and Chuck
DSC03951.jpg

Heather and Rick
DSC03943.jpg

Karen, Neil and Ellis
DSC03932.jpg

DSC03931.jpg

(Not sure who that BigRed character is that Neils shirt refers to, but i'm thinking it has something to do with the Red Br@ FishExtender):confused3
More on that later.:rolleyes1

The Dismeet is an amazing time to get with people you've met on a previous cruise, or are just meeting for the first time after chatting on the dis for months(sometimes years:rolleyes1)

Rose, June, Steve and Laura
DSC03953.jpg

Bernie, Bailey, Sean and Gary
DSC03952.jpg

Paige, Lori with Harrison.
DSC03947.jpg

Bryce, Janice, Tuna,PPGoose, Mark, Rose (and Beth in the red shirt in the back:thumbsup2)
DSC03954.jpg

Dan and Nancy
DSC03938_edited-1.jpg

After a great meet, we all left to get ready for the lifejacket drill.:headache:

You know.....that's a great looking bunch of guys there.

:rotfl::lmao: The red bra is killing me!!!! LOL

Great TR so far....glad I stumbled upon it. :woohoo:

Karen - Love your shirts! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter